Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Old August 23rd, 2014, 10:45 AM
Florio
Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner

Nature: Lax
Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
So is this going to be working anytime in the near future? This would be a serious benefit to all of our games, I would love to play RMXP-based Pokemon games on my phone.
Old August 25th, 2014, 06:39 AM
dragonnite
The 17 year old programer. Now byte off

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL View Post
Very good project! I love to have my game avaliable for Android! I wishes good luck!

Theoretically, we can play RPG Maker XP games rewriting the RGSS player for running using Android NDK and C++. C++ is natively supported on iOS, so a iOS RGSS Player is possible. There also cross platform soluctions like Embarcadero.

However, Essentials uses Win32API, that it's almost impossible to Android emulates, so all the devs (or the base kit) need to handle exceptions when these functions aren't executed. To test if you game works without Win32API, use the line 'Object.send(:remove_const, :Win32API)'.
Or since rgss is bulit on ruby. you could map it to excute win32apis to there andriod equliants

My Game Engine: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=334263
Old August 25th, 2014, 08:39 AM
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonnite View Post
Or since rgss is bulit on ruby. you could map it to excute win32apis to there andriod equliants
For EVERY win32api command at Windows? Not all can be emulated correctly, specially some OS details like priority. Also, since there are too many commands (and Essentials uses far more than 10 different ones), this may take a huge amount of time.

Last edited by FL; August 25th, 2014 at 08:56 AM.
Old August 25th, 2014, 10:37 AM
H.Lecter
Two-dimensional

That does not sound good.

For it seems that we have to wait for Wine being further developed.

Old August 25th, 2014, 12:04 PM
dragonnite

Wines does has all them i can play most rpg xp games with wine. the ones i cant play i havent tryed

Old August 26th, 2014, 12:36 AM
H.Lecter
Two-dimensional

I do not mean Wine for Linux, I mean Wine for Android...

Old August 26th, 2014, 06:18 AM
dragonnite

Wine Andriod? i cant see that working to well. the archinature is too diffrent wine on andriod would be able to ARM or PowerPC windows programs. most of the ones for that are rubbish at best. i couldn't even install firefox the last time i used a ppc windows

Old August 26th, 2014, 01:20 PM
H.Lecter
Two-dimensional

I am a tech noob in those things, but I know it is in development, for knowing which progess it makes just Google it, cause I can't give you further information.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here