• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
i can do UU for you sims.

Espeon
Magmortar
Moltres
Yanmega
Omastar
Blaziken
Houndoom
Tangrowth

they're all over base 110 for SpA.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Thanks. There are so many pokes listed at random, it got annoying trying to sort them out meself.
You can click the SpA stat on the Smogon index for a tier, it will sort the Pokemon by Special Attack. ;3

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
You can click the SpA stat on the Smogon index for a tier, it will sort the Pokemon by Special Attack. ;3

O.O

You just made my life so much easier. (Why did I never know that? DX)

Anyway, while I'm here, does that MysticGar set want Life Orb or Expert Belt?

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
O.O

>.< Even I knew that. D: I thought you knew a whole lot more than me.

Anyway, I can't answer your question, but I have a good question that may or may not be able to be answered.

What's a good set for a Dragon Dance Crawdaunt (if anyone can theorymon one up for me).

What I've thought of so far was this:

[a id]Crawdaunt[/a id]

Crawdaunt

crawdaunt.png

Crawdaunt@Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
  • Dragon Dance
  • Waterfall
  • Crunch
  • Aerial Ace

I don't know how well it could perform though...:/ I was going to do some calculations to see what it could hit after a DD but I got lazy as well as homework piling up on top of that. :P So I'm here, wanting some advice (if possible) for this soon to HG/SS set.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years

Anyway, I can't answer your question, but I have a good question that may or may not be able to be answered.

What's a good set for a Dragon Dance Crawdaunt (if anyone can theorymon one up for me).

[a id]Crawdaunt[/a id]

Crawdaunt

crawdaunt.png

Crawdaunt@Life Orb
  • Dragon Dance
  • Waterfall
  • Crunch
  • Aerial Ace

I don't know how well it could perform though...:/ I was going to do some calculations to see what it could hit after a DD but I got lazy as well as homework piling up on top of that. :P So I'm here, wanting some advice (if possible) for this soon to HG/SS set.

Lol, it's hidden away in the corner, I just never noticed it. Doesn't make me know any more or less...

I'd run Jolly probably, so you can outpace max speed base 100's after one boost. X-Scissor is an option as well. You'd have to test it to see how well it works, I would imagine when played correctly it could do some damage in UU.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
O.O

Wow, you never knew? XD
Anyway, while I'm here, does that MysticGar set want Life Orb or Expert Belt?
Life Orb, Expert Belt is okay if you want to bluff a Choice item, or you have Tyranitar / Hippowdon.

[a id]Crawdaunt[/a id]

Crawdaunt

crawdaunt.png

Crawdaunt@Life Orb
  • Dragon Dance
  • Waterfall
  • Crunch
  • Aerial Ace

I think Jolly would be better, since you are really slow. If you're planning to use that in OU, then you can use this EV spread (with Jolly), 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Speed, it outruns Modest Starmie (rare though). Or you can use 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Speed, that will outrun Naive Salamence, and all those positive Nature base 100's.

Also, X-Scissor > Aerial Ace is pretty cool for hitting same things except it gets Celebi for more damage.

.Aero

Years
It's meant for UU (should have mentioned that) as I don't really think with his poor speed and SpD that he'll be doing too well. >.<

Aerial Ace is on there to deal with Hitmontop or Toxicroak if they decide to show their faces. :/ X-Scissor could be good though with all those Roserade running a muck. >.< I guess it really does come down to testing. I'll do some calculations when I'm not feeling lazy. Thanks for the help you two. ^^

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
Years
I come bearing a challenge to you fine people. I have decided to try out Houndoom in OU. Crazy, rite? Well up yours.

I am having trouble coming up with the ev's for this sort of set. EV's were always my weakest point.

Houndoom-Life Orb
Nature:
EV:
Ovahheat/Flamethrowah/Fiah Blast
Sucka Pawnch
Pursuit
Thundah Fang

It seems like a good way to keep Asself in check, specifically those of the Dark variety.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
This has been bugging me for awhile. Seeing how the rotom forms are OU and are used in competitive play, Is it legal to use the rotom forms on wifi using Action replay? I just wanna know before I start using rotom on my team.

If your unable to use AR for the rotom forms I don't understand why they're used in so much teams :/

.Aero

Years
This has been bugging me for awhile. Seeing how the rotom forms are OU and are used in competitive play, Is it legal to use the rotom forms on wifi using Action replay? I just wanna know before I start using rotom on my team.

If your unable to use AR for the rotom forms I don't understand why they're used in so much teams :/

Most of the teams devised here in the S&M section are for Shoddy.

Now for the Wifi question, hacking is allowed as long as you inform the challenger that you are using hacked pokemon and they're ok with it. Otherwise, you're breaking the rule.

Zakarii

Pekachu Puhrity <3
Years
I come bearing a challenge to you fine people. I have decided to try out Houndoom in OU. Crazy, rite? Well up yours.

I am having trouble coming up with the ev's for this sort of set. EV's were always my weakest point.

Houndoom-Life Orb
Nature:
EV:
Ovahheat/Flamethrowah/Fiah Blast
Sucka Pawnch
Pursuit
Thundah Fang

It seems like a good way to keep Asself in check, specifically those of the Dark variety.
252 Attack, 78 S.Atk, 180 Speed.
Nature- Naughty.

Bold: I sure hope you're pretending..

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Now for the Wifi question, hacking is allowed as long as you inform the challenger that you are using hacked pokemon and they're ok with it. Otherwise, you're breaking the rule.
And, you have to make sure the person you're battling against is using Platinum, or it will freeze iirc. :[ You could use a standard Rotom and just hack it with Rotom Appliance stats and the exclusive move.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
And, you have to make sure the person you're battling against is using Platinum, or it will freeze iirc. :[ You could use a standard Rotom and just hack it with Rotom Appliance stats and the exclusive move.

It's just annoying because rotom-c has 3 type moves that I really need for my team, grass, Ghost, and electric.

Are there any other pokemon (grass or electric) That can use both grass and electric moves? (besides hidden power)

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
Years
It's just annoying because rotom-c has 3 type moves that I really need for my team, grass, Ghost, and electric.

Are there any other pokemon (grass or electric) That can use both grass and electric moves? (besides hidden power)

err...not many

Gengar can both use energy ball and t-bolt
Infernape can use grass knot and t-punch
Breloom has STAB seed bomb and t-punch
Alakazam has charge beam, energy ball, grass knot
Porygon-z has ^ + t-bolt

and i think that's it. i might be missing out on a few, but they're probably not noteworthy

and the list gets smaller if you go down the tiers list. grass isn't much of an offensive typing in OU because most of the water types have other typing that nulls out grass. the only two pretty much affect by grass is Swampert and rhyperior, all the other pokemon have ways of dealing with grass type moves.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
Years
OK, so I imported a Teddiursa that knows Dynamicpunch from my Emerald, as well as a Smeargle that I caught that sketched Dynamicpunch. Any way that I can breed to get another Teddiursa to have that move?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
OK, so I imported a Teddiursa that knows Dynamicpunch from my Emerald, as well as a Smeargle that I caught that sketched Dynamicpunch. Any way that I can breed to get another Teddiursa to have that move?
I don't think so, DynamicPunch is a move tutor move from Emerald and I don't think it can be bred down. Sorry =(

Back