• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Exp Gain Problems

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
Whenever I defeat a Pokemon, wild or tame, my pokemon only gains 1 exp point. I thought it was due to the line in settings
Code:
USENEWEXPFORMULA      = true
but when I changed it to false, the pokemon doesn't gain any exp and the battle just ends.
I only tested this with an eevee(lvl 5) against a magikarp(5) and an audino(8) as well as an electrode(45) and zweilous(25) against abamasnow(45). As a side note, this was all in debug mode.
Edit: Same problem both in debug and the game.exe.

Last edited:

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
No, you were right the first time. This question doesn't belong in the stickied thread, because you've changed something in Essentials (specifically, you've replaced pokemon.txt). The sticked thread's name says "unmodified", which means what it says.

The pokemon.txt you're using doesn't have all the correct values. A newer version of it was released.

Sero

私はセクシーです
Years
I compared my pokemon.txt to an older one. I see what you meant by the values being different.
The newer version of the txt file that you mentioned, is it in essentials already or someone else's because i'm looking for one with bw pokemon.

Back