• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Silver hack: Pokémon Dark Energy - Beta 5 Released

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
For others to know, I answered the other three messages by replying to the persons instead of quoting here.

When beta 4.0 will release??? Is super onix is catchable in beta 3.1???
I don't know when beta 4 will be released, perhaps sometime during the next year. Super Onix is not catcable in beta 3.1 but will be in the next release that is up.

About that release, I've thought about it and feel that it's a good idea to have sort of a "pre-beta 4" before releasing the actual Beta 4.0. This is because I want the game to be as good as it possibly can when I release Beta 4 and there are lots of those guys out there who simply upload the rom file of Beta 4.0 in internet after I've finished it and most people wouldn't get update (4.1) for it if that was needed. So yeah, there will likely be a "pre-beta 4" up one day but I can't say anything more about it yet.
This is also due to following two reasons:

1) I may have to change the name of the hack and need opinions of those who have finished this pre-beta 4 (beta 3 won't do which you'll see for yourself too after you've finished this one: "Simply, why is the hack called Dark Future anyway? I want there to be a meaning (yet one that won't spoil much) behind the name.")
2) There are a couple of places that need additional testing

So yeah, there we go for now.

Years
Eeeep. I actually swing by this thread every now and again to see how things are going, and I'm actually pretty darn excited to play this. GSC were, hands down, my favourite Pokemon games, and you've managed to turn Silver into something very nice indeed, by the looks of it. Keep up the great work! I eagerly await more info, and hope to actually get around to playing this soon. :D

miksy91

Years
Eeeep. I actually swing by this thread every now and again to see how things are going, and I'm actually pretty darn excited to play this. GSC were, hands down, my favourite Pokemon games, and you've managed to turn Silver into something very nice indeed, by the looks of it. Keep up the great work! I eagerly await more info, and hope to actually get around to playing this soon. :D
You know what? You got in me in good mood by saying this so... screenshot time!
Yeah, I felt like I should finally get stuff done which I somewhat promised to do so here you go. Post feedback on the screenshots while at it, I know you like 'em ;)

scaled.php

What could have Ashlyn been thinking when she said that? There is simply no way you could travel back in time!

scaled.php

More of a joke here. Guess what game this is line is based on? I'll give you a hint, the name begins with "I ..."

scaled.php

Yay, a trading house! Nothing too special here really, you can trade with people, talk with them but what is surprising is that there is a gentleman here who'd like to trade your Super Onix for something special if you got one. What could this guy be up to?

scaled.php

And... we're trying to find gym leader Ichirou who is also described as a great ninja. It seems he got our Pidgeot somewhat unguard, maybe by throwing a weapon on it or something?

scaled.php

And between Areas 112 and 115, you'll run into a couple of trainers which seem to be looking for something precious. Perhaps a pokemon that someone saw hiding in these parts earlier?

scaled.php

Oh no! Grandma has lost her grandaughter Elena who has obviously come hiding in this cave (while they're playing hide and seek). If we find her and bring her back, maybe grandma will reward us for doing so... This is a little mini-game where the girl actually follows you and you get to walk yourself by the way.

And that's all for today! Some feedback on the images would be appreciated :)

Years
The "you don't belong in this world" is a reference to I Wanna Be The Guy, the game where apples from Kirby fall up and kill you and so does the moon and the end credits. So does Super Onix replace a different Pokemon, or does it replace Onix instead?

miksy91

Years
I recently added an assembly hack for making it possible to give a name to another character, and "surprisingly", that character will be Ashlyn.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2022
Really just wanted to say thanks for making a hack of my favorite Pokemon game. I have to say Gold/Silver to this day were my favorite in the series and I'll be sure to give this a thorough play through. I'll definitely be following the progress of this.

Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2013
looks old but realy cool
like the onix and mutch mor like the party whide 3 and that stuff
i realy like to try this game out :D

miksy91

Years
Really just wanted to say thanks for making a hack of my favorite Pokemon game. I have to say Gold/Silver to this day were my favorite in the series and I'll be sure to give this a thorough play through. I'll definitely be following the progress of this.
Thanks! You definitely should give it a try, it offers a way different experience from any other pokemon game you've played. The "pokemon-stylish" gameplay remains but the hack is unique in many ways beside that (especially in further releases, not that much in Beta 3).

looks old but realy cool
like the onix and mutch mor like the party whide 3 and that stuff
i realy like to try this game out :D

I haven't gotten that much done lately but currently, I'm editing Area 123 so you can tell a lot of progress has been made since Beta 3 (which had the last area as Area 116 I suppose). If things go according to the plan, I'll be able to release a "pre-beta" version of Beta 4 sometime during the spring 2013 and the real beta 4 in the summer or later that year :)
And it's really pointless to plan that far to the future but if I continue hacking at that pace, final version should come out sometime during 2014.

By the way, the name of the hack is gonna change very soon and I'll be also updating it to the thread title. So not to worry, the hack won't be re-started or anything but will just go on with a new name, that's all.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
By the way, the name of the hack is gonna change very soon and I'll be also updating it to the thread title. So not to worry, the hack won't be re-started or anything but will just go on with a new name, that's all.
"Pokémon: Dark Beginnings"

...no? ;)

Cyclone

miksy91

Years
"Pokémon: Dark Beginnings"

...no? ;)

Cyclone
I get it, this was supposed to be a joke but for a name, it wouldn't sound bad either. That name there would actually tell the player about the hack and not being completely random; Dark Future isn't either but I've something better in mind.

I've been discussing about this hack's storyline with a person who I'm not going to reveal here but I'm currently waiting for his response to some ideas for the names I've pulled out. Anyway, I could say already that the hack will be called:

Pokemon Might and Magic (Heroes reference) but we'll just see about that. And believe it or not, that name tells A LOT about this hack ;)

miksy91

Years
Very interesting. The main character looks kind of cool.
Very interesting? Change of the name of the hack, or something else?
Nice to hear you like the main character. It's not done by me in any way though :)

Anyway, the hack won't be called Might and Magic like stated earlier. Instead, after quite a long while of thinking for a good name that would match perfectly with the storyline (without spoiling much at all) I've decided it.

The hack is called Pokémon Dark Energy from now on.

The new name comes from the fact that in the next release, you'll hear of dark energy, how universe mostly consists of it (like all physicists know, I'm probably saying something wrong here myself though, hahha), and of the disappearance of a significant amount of it in the past during a short period of time (energy doesn't disappear, it can only change from one form into another). What does this mean? What could have been responsible for the disappearance? Does the energy have something to do with Elemental Orbs or The Crisis? What about the Guardian? Why was it protecting one of the Elemental Orbs in Beta 3 ?

If you want, you can try to figure out solutions to those questions I left here and see how well you guessed correctly (no don't do this, you won't be able to guess correctly because the answers are kind of complicated) :D

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The new name comes from the fact that in the next release, you'll hear of dark energy, how universe mostly consists of it (like all physicists know, I'm probably saying something wrong here myself though, hahha), and of the disappearance of a significant amount of it in the past during a short period of time (energy doesn't disappear, it can only change from one form into another). What does this mean? What could have been responsible for the disappearance? Does the energy have something to do with Elemental Orbs or The Crisis? What about the Guardian? Why was it protecting one of the Elemental Orbs in Beta 3 ?
The answers to all of these questions is right here, and I'll tell you...after the break. *cues Hoveround commercial*

Seriously, sounds - uh - mysterious. ;)

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Hey there, great hack, loving the storyline so far. Solid characterisation and difficultly curve. Then again being silver turbo speed helps when training the **** out of pokemon but I'm still enjoying it thoroughly.

A quick question, I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but I'd just like to make sure: Do any pokemon evolve by trading or do they all have new methods?

Cheers

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
This hack looks amazing like litteraley all Gold/Silver hacks do even though Gold/Silver is my least favourite. But, damn this looks neat! I'm excited for the final release. :)

miksy91

Years
Hey there, great hack, loving the storyline so far. Solid characterisation and difficultly curve. Then again being silver turbo speed helps when training the **** out of pokemon but I'm still enjoying it thoroughly.

A quick question, I'm sure it's been answered somewhere but I'd just like to make sure: Do any pokemon evolve by trading or do they all have new methods?

Cheers
Looks like you didn't pay attention on what I wrote for people to read before actually starting to play the hack ;)

Check out the first post, it describes most changes made to the pokemon of normal G/S/C. For the ones not being there, you'll actually find out in the game.

Thanks otherwise :)

This hack looks amazing like litteraley all Gold/Silver hacks do even though Gold/Silver is my least favourite. But, damn this looks neat! I'm excited for the final release. :)

Spoiler:

Thanks for all the feedback! I'll get back to you by replying to further messages or until I've got something worthy of sharing again.

miksy91

Years
Guess what? I've got a video for you to share!

This particular one has text taken off and replaced with "Object events", simply because of spoilers related to the main characters and their identities.

Personally, I love this little scene and how it turned out a lot better than I had planned it to be :D

You may not be able to tell much about it but as far as I can tell you is that Ashlyn gets embarrassed by what that familiar face
Spoiler:
tells her there ;)

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Looks like you didn't pay attention on what I wrote for people to read before actually starting to play the hack ;)

Check out the first post, it describes most changes made to the pokemon of normal G/S/C. For the ones not being there, you'll actually find out in the game.

Thanks otherwise :)

I did pay attention, I just suppose I should have thrown the 'any' in italics.

So again, and give me a proper answer this time. Answering questions instead of being a smartarse is usually a good way to go.

Are there any pokemon that evolve via trade, or do they all have new methods of evolution. I only ask so I don't waste time training **** I can't evolve. I'm assuming you've covered them all but assuming won't get me anywhere.

Noting down the changes can help people plan out their teams easier. I'd suggest being more thorough when describing minor differences between the games, such as an evolution change.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Back