• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completely Hacking the Fire Red Title Screen by DawnRyder

Jonny Buuz

La di da di do di da di dum...
Years
how do i change the bit depth from 8 to 4????

Use Irfanview, decrease color depth to 16 colors. Or at least I think so.

Anyway, unbelievable tut. One can use the same methods for editing the Pokemon FireRed logos as well, I learned how to do that by following the same steps as the Charizard.

User12345678

I followed the sprite tutorial exactly, but after putting in the sprite the screen around the sprite had lots of white dots in it. Does anyone know what is causing this, or how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

xGGxToiZ

>.//:SO HOT:\\.<
Years
About those dots on images.

I followed the sprite tutorial exactly, but after putting in the sprite the screen around the sprite had lots of white dots in it. Does anyone know what is causing this, or how to fix it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Those white dots are caused by the Floyd-Steinberg dithering in Irfanview I think. Try unticking the "Use Floyd-Steinberg dithering" box in Irfanview when you reduce your images BPP from 8 to 4.

You know this one: (ASCII Drawing)
Spoiler:

That should get rid of those dots! :)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
Years
LOL. Nice tut, but I get this:
1orjwy.png

EDIT: I fixed it. BUT--I LOL'd at the fact that Illex Forest is burning down. But it does match my story but still, xD
1o5zwk.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 4, 2014
ok i just made that what u said but my pokemon when there just starts making some weird noises and the screen stays black. Can you help me?

Joeyjoe9876

Wait, What!?!
Years
Having some problems adding the background...

It is supposed to look like this..
backgroundic.png

But ends up like this...
18553472.png

Whenever I try to add the tileset and tilemap it doesn't say anything about changing the pointer, even after I find the offset in FSF... I can't seem to figure out the problem :/

blue4ever222

=^.^=
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 9, 2015
Uhhh i have a mac and I can't download infranview. Any good substitue recommendations? I tried using Darwine to crossover but it doesn't work. T_T

Years
Is there a download link to NTME? I found a version, but it's far more simplified than the version shown and doesn't have almost any of the options.

Druyii

The Bringer of Hope
Years
That tut was amazing, but I don't get how to remove the glitchy squares in the bottom left. How do you remove them? It looks like this atm :\

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
That tut was amazing, but I don't get how to remove the glitchy squares in the bottom left. How do you remove them? It looks like this atm :\

h_tp://img830.imageshack.us/i/reignoffireintro.png/h_tp://a.imageshack.us/img830/4885/reignoffireintro.png

Uploaded with h_tp://imageshack.us]ImageShack.us

DawnRyder said that he didn't know how to fix those glitchy squares at the bottom left because it also happen on his personal ones too :(

EDIT: Well -MéWtH2- says he knows how to fix them :O
------------------------------------------------------------------

For people who have the wrong version of NTME here is the link

You probably got alpha version 1 or 2 but you need VERSION 1.1 for this ;)
Here's the link to it :)
its the latest version

h_tp://filetrip.net/f9560-Nameless-Tile-Map-Editor-1-1.html
By the way I cant post links so I put a '_' into the http part. Simply remove the '_' part and replace with 't'

Enjoy people :)

----------------------------------------------
@blue4ever222

If you cant find the any substitute for IfranView for Mac send me your sprite or picture to change into 16 colour bit ANY TIME you want through PM. It doesnt even matter about the quantity :)

Last edited:

stinger123

I wish to learn .!PKM HACKING!
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2010
Thanks, but I've got NTME v1.1, so why is it doing it?

DawnRyder said he didn't even know how to get rid of it so sorry don't know :(
Ask that person who he said he fixed it

Back