• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Sometimes, retail stores do the strangest things to sell laptops.

A free 500 GB external HDD and a 1-year subscription of a competent Internet security suite, or a further 10% off? Man, I'm in a hard place.

(I am extremely likely to get the laptop first thing after I gut my current laptop.)

Years
Honestly, I would never install any tweaks for Windows, because of the fact of how it could potentially corrupt the system. That's just me, though.

Unless you know exactly what you're doing by tweaking your OS in a certain way, it's ill advised to do so.

Years
I will say I absolutely love the boot time in Windows 8. It makes the lack of patience for loading up into the desktop unnecessary. :p

Years
It's nice for sure, although having to have an alternate workaround for accessing the Windows Boot menu is a pain in the butt ngl.
Trust me, I know the feeling lmao.. I also wish there was a way to access the BIOS menu on my laptop as well, but I can't seem to find that, if it has a BIOS menu at all.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I believe the Shut Down button is also now exposed on the Start screen itself.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
This is probably something that you could do either in safe mode or not, but just open devmgmt.msc (Device Manager), and uninstall your audio driver. Then right click and select "Scan for hardware changes"

Thought it worked for a while, but my sound quit again. I need to get it taked in I guess.

Hmm wondering if I should try out Windows 8 for a little while on my laptop, whether through a VM or hardware partition.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I find it quite funny how my newly-acquired Asus gaming laptop comes out of the box with Windows 8.1 and zero driver issues.

The laptop ran surprisingly quiet and cool even while playing games... at high or maxed out settings.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I like how I can throw everything on it and not have to cry now.

I like the keyboard even more.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Does the keyboard light up at all? I think those are pretty nifty if you ask me.

It lights up... in three shades of... red. ;)

I need to get a gaming PC. I have GTA IV (I just reinstalled it), but I want to take my laptop and blow the dust out of it before I start using it. I expect that my computer is going to run rather warm, although this summer, I plan to upgrade it a bit.

How much laptop do you want? I find gaming laptops that aren't too large to be great for people who can have only one PC.

*is running through product activation support for The Sims 3 today after dealing with Office 2013 yesterday*

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I just need something that has a decent amount of graphics RAM and a better processor. I'm using integrated graphics right now, so I want to see if I can get a second graphics card installed, and get a new processor, preferably an i5 or i7, more than dual core would be nice as well.

Out of curiosity, what motherboard do you have?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
If you're on a desktop, even a "decent" dual-core non-low-voltage i5 will suffice. Just remember to also put a graphics card. May I suggest the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750?

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
You can't upgrade the GPU of most laptops. It might be a very good idea to save up and try to get a desktop, or at least a laptop with a decent GPU in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back