• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
Hmmm....this was hard, I tried not to vote for one of the obvious winners but I couldn't think of anything else :( The rest of my votes, however, are A-OK.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Okay, I'm not trying to influence anyone and all, but, why do I seem to be the only one remembering Eruption so far?

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
hello friends...what's up??
well, I want to ask a favor...I would like that my hack, Pokémon Crono, don't participate in the HOTY.
The reason??
I don't believe in the honest and in the correctness of this contest.
I've remained very disappointed by the results of last year, and I have seen that also this year is repeating what has already happened in the HOTY 2009.
The votes are for friendship and the eligible hacks are so many (often unknown).
There isn't an imposed limit as, for example, the possibility to vote only the hacks that had won the HOTM during this year.

So, I'm not interested to change the rules of this community or criticize someone.
Only I asking that my hack is taken out by the contest and added in the Ineligible hack's list.
Thanks to the moderator...and sorry to all fans of Crono.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I'm about how you feel and Crono will be added to the ineligible list. However, I think the accusations you're making are very bias and are completely untruthful. I think you should think about what you say before you make such terrible accusations. Accusing a whole community of just voting for their friends? That could be true that some people could be voting for their friends but it doesn't meant that they don't actually like the hacks they're voting for, now, does it?

I'm also thinking on the lines that your thoughts are extremely hypocritical too. You're saying that people just vote for their friends? Yet you're the one who is trying to make mountains out of molehills about the fact that your friend didn't win the competition last year. Maybe, instead of moaning about it, you could have accepted the fact his hack wasn't good enough and just moved on with your life. Honestly, not winning a competition on a Pokémon forum isn't the end of the world.

Nevertheless, your hack will be removed from the competition and all votes for Crono will be nullified. If you did vote for Crono in your posts then all of your other votes will count; however, if you're wanting to vote for a different hack in that section following its removal then you can do so by editing your posts.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Aww, it's too bad Crono is being removed, I really liked that hack... Oh well, there are lots of other great hacks out there anyways.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
So, removing your hack from the eligible list is some kind of protestation? I don't really get you, but I'm sad.

Imo, whoever voted for Chrono shouldn't remove that from their votes. Even if it became ineligible, it's not a member's fault for believing in it.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
I'm about how you feel and Crono will be added to the ineligible list. However, I think the accusations you're making are very bias and are completely untruthful. I think you should think about what you say before you make such terrible accusations. Accusing a whole community of just voting for their friends? That could be true that some people could be voting for their friends but it doesn't meant that they don't actually like the hacks they're voting for, now, does it?

I'm also thinking on the lines that your thoughts are extremely hypocritical too. You're saying that people just vote for their friends? Yet you're the one who is trying to make mountains out of molehills about the fact that your friend didn't win the competition last year. Maybe, instead of moaning about it, you could have accepted the fact his hack wasn't good enough and just moved on with your life. Honestly, not winning a competition on a Pokémon forum isn't the end of the world.

Nevertheless, your hack will be removed from the competition and all votes for Crono will be nullified. If you did vote for Crono in your posts then all of your other votes will count; however, if you're wanting to vote for a different hack in that section following its removal then you can do so by editing your posts.
which friend?
I've never spoken about a friend in my post. I have said that, I belive that the hack that has won in the 2009 didn't deserve to win.
I've a lot of respect for you, but also if your name is Manipulation, this doesn't mean that you have the right to manipulate my discourses with things that I've not said.
As a member of the staff, you should do more attention to what you say.

Aww, it's too bad Crono is being removed, I really liked that hack... Oh well, there are lots of other great hacks out there anyways.
yeah, I'm sorry friend...but it's my decision :(

So, removing your hack from the eligible list is some kind of protestation? I don't really get you, but I'm sad.

Imo, whoever voted for Chrono shouldn't remove that from their votes. Even if it became ineligible, it's not a member's fault for believing in it.
If you want, you can intend my decision as a form of protest.
I have simply decided to not participate in a contest that, about my opinion, it's incorrect.

I would have some idea in mind to make this so important contest, more correct possible but every time that someone says something of "uncomfortable" and "unpleasant", he is immediately criticized.
I am be liked to share my ideas, but it seems that I am not seen well in this forum.

Logan

Years
which friend?
I've never spoken about a friend in my post. I have said that, I belive that the hack that has won in the 2009 didn't deserve to win.
I've a lot of respect for you, but also if your name is Manipulation, this doesn't mean that you have the right to manipulate my discourses with things that I've not said.
As a member of the staff, you should do more attention to what you say.
In the Hack of the Year results thread you referenced to your want for Wesley FG to win the competition. Can you please explain why it doesn't deserve to win?

Thanks for the respect but I'm honestly not sure what my username has to do with the subject at hand. You're claiming I'm manipulating you? Can you please not put words in my mouth; I definitely did not try to manipulate you per sé and I think you should think before you speak.

Can I please enquire what you mean by the last line of your post? I am not, in fact, a moderator here anymore so your comments are completely void as it is; however, you seem to be under the impression that a staff member cannot state their own opinion in a gentle manner? In no way was that post out of character and I would have said it whether I was on staff or not.

I, for one, do not think I'm the one who should be watching what they're saying. And, as I previously stated, I think you're the one who's trying to make mountains out of molehills in this unnecessary situation.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
In the Hack of the Year results thread you referenced to your want for Wesley FG to win the competition. Can you please explain why it doesn't deserve to win?

Thanks for the respect but I'm honestly not sure what my username has to do with the subject at hand. You're claiming I'm manipulating you? Can you please not put words in my mouth; I definitely did not try to manipulate you per sé and I think you should think before you speak.

Can I please enquire what you mean by the last line of your post? I am not, in fact, a moderator here anymore so your comments are completely void as it is; however, you seem to be under the impression that a staff member cannot state their own opinion in a gentle manner? In no way was that post out of character and I would have said it whether I was on staff or not.

I, for one, do not think I'm the one who should be watching what they're saying. And, as I previously stated, I think you're the one who's trying to make mountains out of molehills in this unnecessary situation.
Well, fist of all, I'm sorry. I believed that you were a staff's member.
Now, this is my post in the 2009 discussion.
As you can see, I have never spoken of LP as best hack.
I have said that Azure Horizons didn't deserve to win... not that LP was best.
About LP, I've only said this...
Dante said:
the results of the first round speak...the public prefers Light Platinum.
And this, wasn't my opinion...but what the results said.

So, now you ask me why Azure Horizons didn't deserve to win...
I belive that, with a screenshot, will be too easy.
julgment.png

WFT??
how this is possible??! Why??
It's very very strange!!

I'll use Okutaku as example:
Azure Horizons's graphical presentation: 9
Light Platinum's graphical presentation: 6
Now, I'm me that ask to you if you can explain me this.
My question is..."It's possible that the tiles base of a rom, worth much more then tiles created by a hacker with waste of time and work?
is it correct to ignore this whole job that ask a lot of time and devotion?
And, stranger thing...
Why this like to everybody, except the judges?

immaginenc.png

Maybe it's this...?

About the contrast between you and me...I'm sorry.
We can keep on speaking about this if you want... but I believe that for PM it is better.
I wouldn't create off topic.
But I repeat that I appreciate a lot that you reply my messages.
I'm sorry if I'm so aggressive with you, but you are the only one that taking the responsibility to answer me...and you are doing it in a very diplomatic way :)
I hope that you will also answer this..thanks.

Logan

Years
Are you trying to accuse people of cheating? That's a very serious accusation and I'd retract that if I was you.

JakeyBoy

Riddle me this
Years
Funnier every time.

Spoiler:

Maybe it's this...?
From this image I can safely say that the judges and creator of Azure Horizons have better tastes than the others. Did you consider that they have the same tiles because the judges looked through tons of different tiles (or whatever it is you lot are arguing about) and they considered that set to be the best? It would explain the situation here, pretty easily.

But then again, that doesn't change the fact that you guys are complaining about the opinions of a small number of people. You have to realise that this isn't the Nobel Prize or anything, and how little the HOTY title actually means.

>Dante<

Call me Steven
Years
Are you trying to accuse people of cheating? That's a very serious accusation and I'd retract that if I was you.
WFT?? Why you don't answer my question?

My post shouldn't have been deleted, because it was one hundred percent true. You are sad because a hack with super special awesome graphics did not win. Just remember; Story/scripting > graphics. You want fancy graphics and bad scripting? Go back to WAH.
read read read and read before speack!
I repeat because, in this way will be easier to understand aslo for you XDXD
I have never said that Light Platinum deserves to win.
I have asked if they have more value the tileses base already inserted in a hack or have more value the tiles drawn with devotion and hard job.
Story/scripting don't make part of the questions that I have done...but if you would to speack about this, tell me..
did the other hacks that have participated in the competition, have not these requisite?

and...."go back to WAH" it's a threat?
In this case it could be signalled to the moderators...no?

Funnier every time.

From this image I can safely say that the judges and creator of Azure Horizons have better tastes than the others. Did you consider that they have the same tiles because the judges looked through tons of different tiles (or whatever it is you lot are arguing about) and they considered that set to be the best? It would explain the situation here, pretty easily.

But then again, that doesn't change the fact that you guys are complaining about the opinions of a small number of people. You have to realise that this isn't the Nobel Prize or anything, and how little the HOTY title actually means.
This is your opinion about your favourite hack. But the public voted otherwise last year.

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
I'm Okutank and I gave Azure a higher score because their tiles seemed to blend better together and looked better as a whole. Light Platinum's color schemes are unappealing to me and just didn't flow as well as Azure's. And as a judge that year, I had the right to make that decision. Sorry.

Also, as other's have said: story/scripting > tiles. Always. I could care less what tiles a game is using if the story is boring the heck out of me.

And everyone, let's make sure we keep this a discussion and prevent it from escalating into an argument. Thanks. n_n

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
I personally think that manipulation and dante were feeding off eachother's words there. Lets face it, english isn't his first language and he has a few problems communicating. Don't get me wrong his english is mucho mejor than my spanish, but he still has some problems communicating. I think there were some misunderstandings, and all dante is saying is he wants a vote by the people, and not by representatives. At least, that's what I got from his messages. Also dante, I get where your comming from with supporting the time and effort someone put in their hack, but I could spend lots of time making a lot of tiles that lookede horrible. does that make my graphics better than someone who left things the same? I don't think so. The fact is that the people here look at the output rather than the input in time and effort. If somebody can pull off great graphics by making thier own tiles, all the better, but people (the judges) thought that in the end, frosbite's tileset was better. I agree with you that we should have a vote by the members where there aren't judges though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I'll tell my opinion.
I will not say that the hack "Azure Horizons" did not deserve to win the contest. But I think he should not have more points in graphical presentation that the Light Platinum. Because all tiles the Azure Horizons is Fire Red tiles, and Light Platinum tiles 90% are the created by WesleyFG (and other 10% are from other tilers).
The only way to solve this problem of votes for friendship, it's doing the voting with entire community.
I'm not saying they voted for friendship, but it's not impossible, no?
If do vote with the entire community will be very difficult to have voting friendship.
Excuse me for my bad english.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
Years
I'll tell my opinion.
I will not say that the hack "Azure Horizons" did not deserve to win the contest. But I think he should not have more points in graphical presentation that the Light Platinum. Because all tiles the Azure Horizons is Fire Red tiles, and Light Platinum tiles 90% are the created by WesleyFG (and other 10% are from other tilers).
The only way to solve this problem of votes for friendship, it's doing the voting with entire community.
I'm not saying they voted for friendship, but it's not impossible, no?
If do vote with the entire community will be very difficult to have voting friendship.
Excuse me for my bad english.

I think Azure Horizons outclasses Light Platinum in terms of graphics actually. Light Platinum looks really cartoony, while Azure Horizons looks more professional, and makes the firered tiles a lot better.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Okay people, let's all try to respect each other's opinions, now. >Dante<, Manipulation wasn't trying to manipulate anything that you said. Manipulation, >Dante< wasn't accusing anyone of cheating. We have to remember that hacking is a very touchy subject and there are a lot of grey areas when it comes to issues such as the graphical presentation of a hack. People are bound to have different opinions and this thread is for voicing those opinions, not debating which is the most valid. You can discuss all you want but I don't want to see any more arguing.

I agree with you that we should have a vote by the members where there aren't judges though.

I feel I should remind you that both the Hack of the Month competition as well as Rounds 1 and 2 of the Hack of the Year are based solely on member input.

Years
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
I saw people (I will not cite names) who voted for hacks completely stopped in 2010.
How the Dark Blue of Areku-San. It also hacks that neither had been updated here in Pokecommunity.
I think a HOTY 2010, the hack would have to at least be alive in that year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the topic of voting is closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back