• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Yet Another Fire Red Hack

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
Can I request a lunatic version with but with ev gains? I like creating "custom" builds on pokemon and the only way of making it at least usable is grinding specific ev to match my build. Thank you.

This is missing the point of Lunatic somewhat, so no, but feel free to put the EVs back yourself if that's how you want to play it. I don't have any problem with people modifying the game for personal use.

(an faster way than using YAPE would be to hex copy the base stats table from a clean rom into lunatic, but that's not necessarily easier)

Hey, DoesntKnowHowToPlay, will you add the Mega Evolutions?
Just for know :3

I have no plans to.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
DoesntKnowHowToPlay said:
I have no plans to.

Even Mega Mawile or Mega Absol? D:

ON:
Dafuq is this xd
S1Np2YO.png

(Blaziken learning a Fly Type Atk? ehm.. it doesn't make sense)

Cya~

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
Did you remove dragon dance? I checked gyardos' moves through YAPE and I discovered that it does not learn DD at level 50. WHY!?!

DoesntKnowHowToPlay

Tiny Umbrella with Lots and Lots of Good
Years
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
It didn't have Dragon Dance initially because the methods used to insert new effects at the time required replacing existing ones so that the AI would behave. While we can get around that now, there's only two (technically three but Dragonite is never getting it at the same time as Multiscale) mons in the game that can learn Dragon Dance in canon- Gyarados and Scrafty. Neither of these has a hard time setting up against the AI, thanks to good bulk, Intimidate, and the AI's inability switch to a sensible counter. Furthermore, both of them can effortlessly clean teams once set up- I didn't want people soloing the game with a single strong set-up sweeper. Both of them have strong alternative set-up options in Coil and Curse- these get you similar results, while not being a strong guarantee of 6-0ing the enemy because you still have special weaknesses and can be outsped.

I'm aware that the existence of Shift Gear and Quiver Dance somewhat undermines this point, but the users of those are rather fragile compared to Gyarados and Scrafty- they also have limited coverage compared to the Dragon Dancers.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
It didn't have Dragon Dance initially because the methods used to insert new effects at the time required replacing existing ones so that the AI would behave. While we can get around that now, there's only two (technically three but Dragonite is never getting it at the same time as Multiscale) mons in the game that can learn Dragon Dance in canon- Gyarados and Scrafty. Neither of these has a hard time setting up against the AI, thanks to good bulk, Intimidate, and the AI's inability switch to a sensible counter. Furthermore, both of them can effortlessly clean teams once set up- I didn't want people soloing the game with a single strong set-up sweeper. Both of them have strong alternative set-up options in Coil and Curse- these get you similar results, while not being a strong guarantee of 6-0ing the enemy because you still have special weaknesses and can be outsped.

I'm aware that the existence of Shift Gear and Quiver Dance somewhat undermines this point, but the users of those are rather fragile compared to Gyarados and Scrafty- they also have limited coverage compared to the Dragon Dancers.

I felt that I just ranted and I see your point. Thank you for your sensible reply... :) I almost forgot... Dragonite can learn Dragon Dance legally even with multiscale.. He can learn it through leveling up at level 61 (gen V)

Last edited:

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Even Mega Mawile or Mega Absol? D:

ON:
Dafuq is this xd
S1Np2YO.png

(Blaziken learning a Fly Type Atk? ehm.. it doesn't make sense)

Cya~
http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/blaziken/moves/5
Learns it at 49. Also, he's a bird. I'd expect him to learn some sort of flying move.

Anyways, thanks for making this. Brings the pizzazz to FR that Gamefreak lacked in providing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2015
I think I found an error in the game in the Seafoam Islands. You need to use Strength to push the boulders into the holes right? After that you fall through certain holes to the bottom levels to continue pushing the boulders through the respective holes in those levels to finally get it into the water to block the tide so you can surf across. On one of the boulders before you finally push it into the water it disappears as if you never pushed it through the previous hole. I hope this makes sense. Did anyone else have this problem?

Years
  • Seen May 22, 2015
Here are the Pics. The first is the last level for one of the boulders before it drops into the water. It should be there but its not. Once you drop it to that level from the level above its as if it just disappears. Which is why in the second Pic only one boulder is present blocking the water.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
While I do like the hack and I am impressed by the work gone into it, I find that the levels of the trainers, particularly the boss trainers, is too high for a hack that isn't MADE to be ridiculously difficult.
I am a fan of nuzlockeing my games and this game has basically proven to be un-nuzlockeable so far without extensive grinding (the lucky egg comes way too late IMO), due to its insane difficulty in comparison with normal games. Pokemon like Staraptor, the improved Ditto (it can survive Lucario's Aura Sphere? whatthehellisthis?), and Hydreigon are incredibly difficult to beat under normal circumstances, but boost them to hgih level 40's on REGULAR trainers and give them seemingly perfect movesets on every single one, and it's a bit out of hand. I know this game isn't really built to be nuzlocked, just played regularly, but this could be easily solved by giving the lucky egg earlier or simply slightly lowering the levels of the regular trainers and bosses a bit (2 or 3 levels would definitely do it depending on the Pokemon). I know I am not the only person who enjoys nuzlockeing, and I'm certainly not the only one who hates grinding for hours.

To be honest though, even when I first played through the game, normally rather than nuzlockeing, I found a contant need to grind to even come close to matching the trainers I regularly encountered, especially when my team exceeded 3 members and shared the XP gains.

Also does Giovanni even have a set type? Before he annihilated my team he had a Weavile, Rhyperior and Hydreigon (the one responsible for blowing me away), which have 5 types between them.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2022
For some reason my battle mode is stuck on "SET". I can still change the setting, but no matter what I set it as, it will never ask me to switch Pokemon during battle.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
For some reason my battle mode is stuck on "SET". I can still change the setting, but no matter what I set it as, it will never ask me to switch Pokemon during battle.

That's not a bug, it's intentional.

Years
  • Seen Mar 9, 2014
Hey, I tried saving but it always says "save error. Change the backup memory" I tried playing with the save settings of the VBA but it changes nothing.

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
Hey, I tried saving but it always says "save error. Change the backup memory" I tried playing with the save settings of the VBA but it changes nothing.
Remove your sav file. THEN play with the save settings.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
While I do like the hack and I am impressed by the work gone into it, I find that the levels of the trainers, particularly the boss trainers, is too high for a hack that isn't MADE to be ridiculously difficult.
I am a fan of nuzlockeing my games and this game has basically proven to be un-nuzlockeable so far without extensive grinding (the lucky egg comes way too late IMO), due to its insane difficulty in comparison with normal games. Pokemon like Staraptor, the improved Ditto (it can survive Lucario's Aura Sphere? whatthehellisthis?), and Hydreigon are incredibly difficult to beat under normal circumstances, but boost them to hgih level 40's on REGULAR trainers and give them seemingly perfect movesets on every single one, and it's a bit out of hand. I know this game isn't really built to be nuzlocked, just played regularly, but this could be easily solved by giving the lucky egg earlier or simply slightly lowering the levels of the regular trainers and bosses a bit (2 or 3 levels would definitely do it depending on the Pokemon). I know I am not the only person who enjoys nuzlockeing, and I'm certainly not the only one who hates grinding for hours.

To be honest though, even when I first played through the game, normally rather than nuzlockeing, I found a contant need to grind to even come close to matching the trainers I regularly encountered, especially when my team exceeded 3 members and shared the XP gains.

Also does Giovanni even have a set type? Before he annihilated my team he had a Weavile, Rhyperior and Hydreigon (the one responsible for blowing me away), which have 5 types between them.

are you playing insane difficulty or something

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 9, 2014
So your evolution changes thing says that Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro or Slowking depending on personality. Is that personality as in nature or something else, because I really want a Slowking.
Also this is an amazing hack, thank you :)

Back