• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Spritingyoshi22

That guy over there
Years
I am stuck. I just beat that Esau guy and I know the sundance rock is in the solar carvens but I have know clue how to get to the solar caverns. Basically my question is how do I get to the solar caverns

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
I am stuck. I just beat that Esau guy and I know the sundance rock is in the solar carvens but I have know clue how to get to the solar caverns. Basically my question is how do I get to the solar caverns

Spoiler:

Also again, not to bother, but for the Post Senex battle in the water area with Asimov, is there ANY way to get it working or can I no longer play the hack?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Yeah, I'm not new to patching roms (played dozens, and I did Pokemon Fuligin just last night before I got bored of it) and I can't get this to work for the life of me. Clean, unpatched U Ruby 1.0, yet after patching I only get a white screen. VBA and Boycott tried, too. I figure since other people are having issues, it's an IPS file issue and not our doing? I'm just perplexed since rom-patching is so second nature to me...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
It is working..I got the white screen thing previously too.

You must make sure of the following two things

1) Use RUBY 1.0 ROM
2) Change the save type to 128k

The patch is working.

AyumuHunter

Heavy Assistant
Years
I am loving this hack. It is interesting, if I have one complaint is that we have some graphical errors, a bit wishing for more fakemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
Umm...I am facing major trouble.I lost in the final misssion thingy.......(noy sure if its the final mission :O) Anyway I was teleported to Verdantuf after losing..then I walked all the way to that Pacifidlog, got back to Sootpolis went into the enemy base again, but this time when I tried to jump from the carcenation chamber I ended up in a blank room where I can't seem to move nywhere......am I screwed?

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
It is working..I got the white screen thing previously too.

You must make sure of the following two things

1) Use RUBY 1.0 ROM
2) Change the save type to 128k

The patch is working.

So, uh.. I already had my save type to 128k (from an earlier hack I guess) but I went ahead and patched one of my ten billion copies of Ruby 1.0 again anyway and... since you've posted, it works. GO FREAKING FIGURE. Thanks for existing I guess, hahahahaha.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
I read a couple of posts from earlier...........I think I am screwed up, I have my savestates but no matter which one I start I ended up owned by the lvl 78 stitcher...........guess I'll have to wait for the next update.

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
@Dracoflare
YEs You ArE sO ScReWEd!! That's one of the many glitches of soothopolis! In my much much earlier posts i've pointed out that too..
Firstly, which starter do you use? I have my trusty wheezing.. it kinda "suicide bombed" my way to beat everyone there XD

Exiting the darn place at any time you're doomed not to be able to re do again..
Making a wrong turn warps you back to some quiz machine room you cant redo again.. Beating senex you'll get stuck when the script with asimov wont run..

My question: Is the fix out yet?

Edit: does not warp you to quiz machine room.. you'll have to go there eventually which you cannot do the 2nd time

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2012
Hey how long do I have to grind before I can fight the Elite Four?

It depends actually.. level doesnt really means power in this hack. Once you're near 70 it should be fine.
But I would really suggest bringing a viariety of elements with you. ANd of course, there's always a surprise at the very end. Something round . . .

AyumuHunter

Heavy Assistant
Years
It depends actually.. level doesnt really means power in this hack. Once you're near 70 it should be fine.
But I would really suggest bringing a viariety of elements with you. ANd of course, there's always a surprise at the very end. Something round . . .

Thanks Mate. Any good places to grind?

iPika

Crytec
Years
@cutlerine

Hey, I put Snakewood on vba and it works, but when i put it in my Gameboid, it shows a blank screen even though i put it in 128kbs.

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
*throws hands up into air*

Honestly, I don't know what my problem is with this. I've downloaded several Ruby ROMs (around seven) from all over the place. I tried looking for Ruby 1.0 versions like you said, and all of them work fine up until the point of the patch. I get the recurring white screen that everybody else seems to be getting.

I'm on the verge of giving up. I'm using GBA and GPSP, and neither seem to be able to work.

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Hey, can anyone give me a direct link to a Ruby download that works? 'cause I can't find any that work these days :(

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2018
In that case I'll stop playing for now and wait for the update.and if it doesn't get fixed in the update.......well screw it:x It was fun while it lasted.

My team's Claydol lvl 67
Swellow lvl 53
Hariyama lvl 55
Aerodactyl Lvl 57
Toxicroak lvl 71
Celebi lvl 55
Magnezone lvl 54

And yes I have 7 Pokemon which I constantly rotate along with quilfish my surf slave :x

And yes I managed to defeat that lvl 78 stitcher with this team

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
Is there a reason why I can't fly back to most of the towns that i've visited..?

In a hack, there are only a certain number of fly zones. When you have more towns, you have the issue of not being able to fly everywhere.

Back