• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exiled~Shadow

Once, JJMcay Now Exiled~Shadow
Years
Ok, i'm having a problem with the editor, when ever i try to go up or down the list i get this error:

---------------------------
Pokemon Essentials
Exception: NoMethodError

SpriteWindow:17:in `pbGetDecisionSE'

SpriteWindow:1477:in `update'

SpriteWindow:1665:in `update'

SpriteWindow:2408:in `update'

EditorMain:28:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:27:in `loop'

EditorMain:39:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:26:in `loop'

EditorMain:94:in `pbEditorMenu'

EditorMain:101

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
OK

but it dosnt happen when i press enter to use the SET TERRAIN TAGS...
it is realy stopping my process in advancing with my game. any solutions??

also, i REALY NEED A PROGRAM TO MAKE TILESET'S WITH!!! if any1 has one or know's where to find one either,

Post a quote in this thread

PM me (Prefferd)

or E-mail me at: [email protected]

all help is appreciated!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
DDD:

Alright, so I asked previously about Terrain Tags and the reflecting water, which was fixed.

Now I'm trying to get footprints left in sand to work. I'm using the generic yellow sand (not an autotile for me) and the terrain tag is 3, but it's still not leaving footprints behind. Any help?

Jirbytaylor

is too lazy to make a new ava
Years
To anyone who asks about making tilesets:
MSPaint.

No need to thank me. But if you use this please give credit. :D *shot*

To Archayos:
Try having the sunbeams under a different Picture ID. If that fixes it, there may be a script that uses that position for some reason. If that doesn't fix it, Poccil has probably tampered with something causing as much bust as me with the transparent water. :<

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I don't know about this but I did add the Pbtrading script and copy the codes from this webpage to the scripter: http://upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/changed-2008-05-02.txt

Now all I want to ask is that if I replace all the original scripts with those newly modified codes from this link, will my game be completely upgraded to the newest version? Or I have to follow the instruction in the note.html file(I might have to seek for help if it only works this way)? I'd appreciate it very much if you can tell me about it.

well, that depends, how long has it been sence you last upgraded/got your sk?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
JJM: I think the editor only works when you already have a saved game.

PoKéMaKeR1

Pokemon Rancher creator!
Years
I'm sorry if this question is asked already..!
but when I surf from left to right between 2 connected maps, my player stops surfing when he hits the second map...?!
From right to left it's no problem it keeps surfing but from left to right it stops
How can i overcome this problem?
Tanks for helping me
PoKéMaKeR

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Well, I got my starterkit in Early March and never ever upgraded it before(I was expecting to run some .exe file to upgrade but now I know I might have to do everything manually).

well, as long as you know what scripts you edited, there are actually 2 ways to upgrade (ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR PROJECT, copy the folder to a new one, that way if the upgrade don't work, you still have your project)

one is in the note.html (which is better, but takes longer >.<) and the other is this (and i do not suggest this one becuase every once in a while, poccil will change something that is not just in the scripts):

download the new one, open 2 rmxps (you can open it twice, i've always loved that feature) open your project in 1, and the new sk in the other, then open the script editor in both, then simply replace all the scripts in the old version, with the new ones. then go to the graphics and copy any new graphics in them. (this way is shorter, and i do it when ever i am sure that poccil has not change anything other then scripts are graphics, and he hasn't change anything but scripts and graphics in a while, but if you don't know if there have been other changes, then follow the directions in the note.html file)

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Does Pokémon Essentials still support TMs? Or do you have to add that line to pokemon.txt yourself?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I'm sorry if this question is asked already..!
but when I surf from left to right between 2 connected maps, my player stops surfing when he hits the second map...?!
From right to left it's no problem it keeps surfing but from left to right it stops
How can i overcome this problem?
Tanks for helping me
PoKéMaKeR

it's a bug in the system, just pm poccil with the information on the problem,and he'll fix it in the next release of the game system.

Does Pokémon Essentials still support TMs? Or do you have to add that line to pokemon.txt yourself?

... yes it still supportes them, you should read the note.html before you comment.

but i have a seved game... AND IT STILL DOSN'T WORK!!!

sorry for not trying to help before, anyway, what version of the sk are you using?

Hi,

I need some help. I've modified a script to put a shadow for the player. I usually use it during sunny days, but I would like to use it during rainstorm, when there is a flash. Does someone know how to check if there is a flash?
I thought about putting something like

Spoiler:

in PokemonWeather.
But obviously it doesn't work when I try to call it, because rnd is not defined in def self.pbFlash?

Does somebody have a solution to my problem?

i would think that all you would have to do is find the thenderstorm script, and put the same new edited script for the shadow where you see the lighting part of the storm script, but i am not sure (so please don't kill me if i'm wrong)

Now for my own question:
The fishing animation is a five-frame animation. It resembles the 16-frame character sprites, but only the first five frames are used. It must be placed in Graphics/Characters/ and must have a filename of "fishingXXX.png", where XXX is a trainer type's ID. Example: fishing000.png

i really don't understand the coment above from the note.html, just what are the fishing sprite sheets supposed to look like? (please help,)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
... yes it still supportes them, you should read the note.html before you comment.

I did read notes.html before asking the question, and even though it says that it supports TMs, in the pokemon.txt file, the line 'Machines=' isn't there anymore. Hence the question.

Also, two of my events continuously loop. The event will finish, and then start all over again, and I don't know why. Also, in the lab scene, two of the Pokéballs on the table refuse to show up.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
I did read notes.html before asking the question, and even though it says that it supports TMs, in the pokemon.txt file, the line 'Machines=' isn't there anymore. Hence the question.

Also, two of my events continuously loop. The event will finish, and then start all over again, and I don't know why. Also, in the lab scene, two of the Pokéballs on the table refuse to show up.

the ball thing is just weird... can you get a snapshot of them?

the loop, do you have the events on auto run or parallel proses? because if you do, they will keep going until you set a switch in them to turn on the next page of the event, just make a new page in the event, and have it set to a switch (like self switch a or something) then put in an "control switch" or "control selfswitch" command at the end of the event on the page that keeps looping.

and the tm's now have there own txt file now, it's called tm (just remember to put the actual tm item in the items.txt file

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
In SpriteResizer, edit @@width and @@height to 552 and 352 (double 276 and 176). You'll have to change all the graphics though.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
Resize your graphics, using photo shop or paint pokemonplatnium, it might take awhile but thts what is need to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back