• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon: Dark Legend

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Pokemon: Dark Legend
I've had my failed attempts at hacks before, but this time I'll actually do it. Last time what dragged me down was not having a team. I don't have one this time either, but this timeI just set off doing it on my own since the very beggining, not coming it with expectations of having anyone else help me. Last time I waited and waited for someone to help me, but ended up with no one and I just didn't feel like doing it anymore. I did get some help this time with the early maps(maybe 3 or 4?) from an user on Reddit(will credit him near the end of the post), but he hasn't replied to me since September, so outside of those first few maps, this is all my doing.

The Hack:
This is why you're actually here, aren't you? This is using Emerald as a base. Team Magma and Team Aqua are still enemies and they still have their plots going, BUT they are not the main villains. This hack's story is altered. The original stuff is still there(although a bit changed), but there's an entire third plot to this hack.
I'm also using a 650 patch for Emerald found on this very site. The creator didn't give me permission SPECIFICALLY, but at the bottom of his/hers page, it does say we can use it with credit, and I will credit him/her. It'll be at the bottom of the post. Anyway, this hack will include 650 Pokemons as well. WIP is also removing Trade Evos.
Really hope I can get SOME support for my first hack(techincally not my first, but first I plan to stick to and actually release it), and, I think now would be time for me to show you some screenshots.

Screenshots:
cwmbEYw.png
6cJNEQf.png
jCAZSRr.png
LZcH6dk.png
gNbGnep.png
lOSrB83.png
8wokhUx.png
fjX38CE.png
RwzuUDj.png
7LW0OF8.png
ZIfystG.png

Really dunno why they're so big, so if anyone knows a fix, If I'm let known how.
Also, by the time you will be Level 36, you will NOT be encountering Level 16-17-20's. That was just me Rare Candying myself so I can easily speed trough this to take the screenshots. The enemies will, for the most part, be on par with your level. Also, the requirments for posting here is to have 6 non-battle images, I believe. I got 5 in-battle images and 6 non-battle images, so I would think I'm fine.
Progress:
There wasn't too much I could take screenshots of, because progress is only up to Mauville City, and I plan to release a demo once I finish the Mt. Chimney conflict.

Credit:
As I said, the credits.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=346694 - This patch, in order to include 650 Pokemon.
Reddit User - Helped me with some of the early maps. Now...I'm not sure if he wants his profile to be known or not. I'll PM him, but he hasn't posted anything since August so idk if I'll get a reply. Idk if he'd want me to post his account, so for now, I will just admit I didn't make some of the early routes, and PM him to see.

Closing off:
Sooo...yea. That would be about it. Hoping this goes well, and, as I said, demo once I'm done with the Mt.Chimney conflict.

Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
So what is the story? Just like regular emerald but with a third team? Your introduction is really vague. The hack itself looks a bit basic. If you're gonna redo emerald you should actually redo it. New tiles, remap everything, add new areas etc. Maybe I'm wrong but from the few screenshots there it looks like you've just edited the emerald maps and changed a few scripts around.

Years
First of all, your story doesn't tells anything, I think you should mention the story clearly. And I'll be looking forward to this hack.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
It's not a third team, but an individual. It's really hard for me to say because it's supposed to come as a surprise when it happends.

Remember I'm doing all this alone. I'm too advanced either, and doing it alone would be reasons for this not to be Top 5 Hacks Material, which I didn't expect it to be.

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2023
You should probably redo the tiles. Tell us what you're going to add in a list. Tell me why I should be playing your hack as oposed to another one?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I like the idea of another hack taking place in Hoenn, but dude... expand your description a bit.
When is this happening relative to RSE?
Is the character intended to be the Brendan/May or a new character?
What new features will be added, besides the 650 pokémon?
Will new areas be accessible?
Will there be new tiles? A lot of Emerald tiles are pretty bad.

Also your final screenshot has a tile error in the cave wall, directly in front of where Brendan's looking.
Good luck.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
I like the idea of another hack taking place in Hoenn, but dude... expand your description a bit.
When is this happening relative to RSE?
Is the character intended to be the Brendan/May or a new character?
What new features will be added, besides the 650 pokémon?
Will new areas be accessible?
Will there be new tiles? A lot of Emerald tiles are pretty bad.

Also your final screenshot has a tile error in the cave wall, directly in front of where Brendan's looking.
Good luck.

I noticed the tile error after I posted the picture. I'll fix it in the game.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
Cool title, not a lot of detail to the story/premise. Regardless, good luck. You'll need it. Emerald is a tough ROM to hack.

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
Update: Connections of Route 110 to Mauville and Slateport City are slightly off. Not unplayable, just unpleasant to look at. I'll look for a solution and see what I can do, but it may not be fixed in time for the first demo.

Back