• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I have hardly played any single player, haha. And I played quite a bit on the weekend... so whoops, level 17 as of last night. :V Probably should try other weapons soon and then actually bother with the single player (which I am looking forward to...)

And apparently new weapons and maps to be released today too. Yay! Maybe I'll be in multi for a while longer. =p

Hypocrates

shampain
Years
I just got the game yesterday evening and I've been hooked all day! Currently only a level 10 but I'm not too bummed about that right now, I've done quite well thus far!

I've tried to use every weapon a few times but I keep going back to the roller. It's so easy to cover space and it's quite handy rolling over people haha. Going to try and use the chargers a bit more as they're the kind of weapons I usually prefer but.....the rollers are so good.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
right now im level 18. i really like the new weapon and map they just released. the ranking battle system is another story. there's like no way i can get past a C. i don't understand how i can advance lol. my favorite is when the team is winning so the other team just stops and gives up rofl.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I have finally reached lvl 20, so it looks like there's nothing for me to do in this game but buy all the weapons and gears. Rank Matches doesn't bring as much points as you get in regular matches.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So 20 is the cap then? And I was trying to do regular battles earlier, but couldn't connect. :/ I don't know if it's the servers or just the fact the weather here has been terrible and that's causing an interference.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
I'm still only level 8.

I probably could've gotten to level 10 in time for the update today, but my amiibo came in and I was busy doing the challenges and getting stuff.

I've finished the boy and girl inkling challenges, but I decided to give it a rest after the first squid boss and play a few turf wars, and it's too late to start playing again now. I have to say, while the roller made most levels easy, it made the final boss a lot more tough. Took me three tries. The charger was easy, though, and I beat him in one try with it.

Hopefully I'll be able to start doing ranked battles tomorrow.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
So 20 is the cap then? And I was trying to do regular battles earlier, but couldn't connect. :/ I don't know if it's the servers or just the fact the weather here has been terrible and that's causing an interference.

level 20 is the max level. nintendo needs to make it to like level 50 or 100. i think nintendo thinks just little kids are playing splatoon so level 20 is hard for them to achieve.
still using the aerospray rg.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well, I'm by no means a kid and I'm having a hard time leveling up just cause I don't have a ton of time to sink into the game as of right now. I think 20 is fair for right now since the game is new. I think they're gonna raise it to like 35 or 50 at some point tbh.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
Well, I'm by no means a kid and I'm having a hard time leveling up just cause I don't have a ton of time to sink into the game as of right now. I think 20 is fair for right now since the game is new. I think they're gonna raise it to like 35 or 50 at some point tbh.

I really hope they do, lol. I'm so torn. I'm interested in it now, but I'm still put off by it -- still getting past the lack of communication in-game, the current lack of content (yes I know there's going to be updates; I still want it to be worth $60 at the time I pay $60), and the mandatory use of the GamePad.

Honestly, I originally had no interest in it because I'm partially color-blind; I figured that it would be out of the question for me. But after watching a few gameplay videos, the colors are at least different enough that I can tell them apart, even if I can't always tell what color it actually is, lol. Most of the time, anyway; in one match the guest commentators said it was neon green and dark blue, but they kinda blended together for me. And apparently they're adding some feature specific for us color-blind folk? I dunno, I was only half-paying attention to the streamer.

So there was new-found interest and hope in it as of this morning and yesterday afternoon. But now we're back to the lack of content at release, because apparently the level cap can be reached in like 2 or 3 days, lol. Think I'll be holding off for a little while either way, but I'm watching it carefully. :v

Years
Honestly, I originally had no interest in it because I'm partially color-blind; I figured that it would be out of the question for me. But after watching a few gameplay videos, the colors are at least different enough that I can tell them apart, even if I can't always tell what color it actually is, lol. Most of the time, anyway; in one match the guest commentators said it was neon green and dark blue, but they kinda blended together for me. And apparently they're adding some feature specific for us color-blind folk? I dunno, I was only half-paying attention to the streamer.
The feature to aid color-blind people is already in the game. It's called "Color-Lock" and restricts the ink colours in the game to certain combinations. Splatoon is very "inklusive." ;)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I know a lot of people weren't happy about not having voice chat, and while I can't compare this to other games that utilize it like Call of Duty, I honestly don't think it's needed in Splatoon. Turf Wars are about...2 or 3 minutes long. Like...what can you really say in that amount of time? I'm not sure how it would work in ranked. And I understand why you'd want to talk to friends when you do turf wars with them, but if the friend turf wars are like the regular ones, it's still a small amount of time so it's just...idk. Like I said, I don't know how other games utilize it, but it's definitely not something I personally care about. And considering Nintendo games typically target a younger audience, it's probably for the best that there's no voice chat because young children will be able to get the online experience without the horror stories that their parents might have heard about online gaming.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
My Splatoon amiibo pack has arrived from the mail. Currently I'm resting and waiting for dinner, but I'll try them out after I'm finished eating.

You know, it's funny how people have been telling Nintendo to get in with the times, and when they "sorta" did with Splatoon, those same people are complaining about the missing content, when that's the norm of the other AAA titles they're playing. But unlike those AAA titles, they will be released as free updates, which is a good thing.

Years
Why would anyone want integrated voice chat when you can just repeatedly spam "Booyah!"

I can't see myself even setting up a Skype group when playing with friends since currently, even when you play with a friend, team composition is shuffled after every match. It may be useful once they add the feature where you can assemble a static team of friends, however.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
The feature to aid color-blind people is already in the game. It's called "Color-Lock" and restricts the ink colours in the game to certain combinations. Splatoon is very "inklusive."
11.%20wink.gif

Oh, neat. :) I assumed it was being added later, like just about everything else he mentioned. Though he also said the ranked matches were being added later, but it appears they're already in it. Watching a recording of a stream without a date listed probably didn't help, lol.

I know a lot of people weren't happy about not having voice chat, and while I can't compare this to other games that utilize it like Call of Duty, I honestly don't think it's needed in Splatoon. Turf Wars are about...2 or 3 minutes long. Like...what can you really say in that amount of time? I'm not sure how it would work in ranked. And I understand why you'd want to talk to friends when you do turf wars with them, but if the friend turf wars are like the regular ones, it's still a small amount of time so it's just...idk.

And considering Nintendo games typically target a younger audience, it's probably for the best that there's no voice chat because young children will be able to get the online experience without the horror stories that their parents might have heard about online gaming.

Even as someone who does use voice/text chat options for most shooters, I did kiiiind of get that vibe from the stream I was watching. And I'm definitely not saying it's a tactical shooter like Insurgency or something, haha. But I dunno, it still feels almost a little lazy, I guess? That it wasn't even considered as an option. To me, you may as well just be playing with bots for those 2-3 minutes. From what I've seen so far, it doesn't really feel like you're actually playing with other people. But again, I don't really know, I can only speculate from a distance as I wait for enough content to justify the too-steep-for-me price tag.

Even Pokemon X/Y have voice chat. It just doesn't make any sense to me that it's not included here.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
Years
Why would anyone want integrated voice chat when you can just repeatedly spam "Booyah!"

I can't see myself even setting up a Skype group when playing with friends since currently, even when you play with a friend, team composition is shuffled after every match. It may be useful once they add the feature where you can assemble a static team of friends, however.

yeah i wish we could be able to set up teams. my bf sits right next to me and we try to play together, but we always end up on opposite teams!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I've completed the Boy Inkling challenges and got the Hero Roller, which appears to be a reskin of the regular paint roller (having the same sub-weapon and special weapon), so it feels more like a bragging rights reward than anything else.

Is anyone worried that Splatoon might get snubbed for this year's GOTY awards despite being the new IP everyone wanted from Nintendo?

Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2017
This game is probably putting people out of their jobs with its addictiveness. If there was ever a game that triggers that 'one more battle' feel for me, it's this.

I wonder if we'll have a Splatoon event here someday?

Back