• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
Years
Sigh yeah I've been busy for a few weeks so I havent chained... Later i might chain for shinys since I've got nothing else to do. I dont know what I should Chain/SR for... any suggestions?

DDD'SSCEPTILE

GekkouKitsune : Shiny Master
Years
What makes you say that?

Just curious.
Haven't you heard of dinner? Squadelah, we're off!

I've been trying to battle this guy who uses stuff he got off of the GTS, all legends, mostly all shiny, probably mostly all hacked.

It suspiciously disconnects when I'm winning or on the verge. My Pokemon pwn his, even if they're actually uber (Staraptor's Return took off like 2 thirds of his shiny Ho-oh's health..).

I give up on that. He can play someone else.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Um, I don't really get the dinner reference, and is that Zelda show real? Lol. Furthermore, I usually eat dinner around 10 PM (EST), so...

I began SRing for a shiny Azelf AGAIN on Diamond. I really want this to be the last time I have to go into that cave...I'm tired of SRing for Azelf for just a little bit, then leaving because I feel like chaining. I will not leave until I get a shiny Azelf!

...Or I'll try not to.

Wish me luck.

Good luck to everyone else as well!

The Graceful Assassin

Dispose Of The Betrayer....
Years

I've been trying to battle this guy who uses stuff he got off of the GTS, all legends, mostly all shiny, probably mostly all hacked.

It suspiciously disconnects when I'm winning or on the verge. My Pokemon pwn his, even if they're actually uber (Staraptor's Return took off like 2 thirds of his shiny Ho-oh's health..).

I give up on that. He can play someone else.

DDD i love your links they are so random, my favorite is Obamasnow so far lol.

But anyway just started levelling up some of my shinys and my shiny turtwig i got back in march hit lv 100 today. A major accomplishment for me anyway. my resets for mudkip have been slowing down because the DS i reset on ( my sis' DS) the hinge broke detaching one side of the topscreen and the topscreen no longer displays color. just a blank white screen that can give you a headache. ill probably start resetting on my DS now GL all.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
I'm going to attempt something today.

It's not Gligar, and I doubt I'll be able to really do it, but if I pull it off, it'll still be an awesome 30th specie. It doesn't really matter.

Today, the Mansion Pokemon just happened to be Porygon. Those things are downright awesome shiny. (If they're virtual, can't we just make out own skins for it? lol)

But at a 5% encounter rate, it's gonna be just like Eevee, and worse than Gligar. it may take me like 17 minutes just to encounter the first one to start the chain.
I'm gonna give it a shot though. It'd be pretty epic if I could pull it off, I've been wanting a new special sweeper Pokemon.

I was gonna go for Timid nature, with all that Sp. Attack it would seem like overkill to go with Modest since speed is 80% everything in this game.

Good luck everyone, I hope my hiatus hasn't watered down my experience.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Good luck DDD! I love shiny Porygon too :D

Nothing special to update. Haven't played pkmn recently. :(

pokebryce

devoted shiny hunter
Years
Hi, my name is bryce and i was a member about a year or two ago
I was wondering if i could join back up, i have a shiny sceptile and i am currently SRing for a shiny Rayquaza.

Last edited:

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
Thanks Matty101, I'll need all of it I can get.
It took me 20+ minutes just to find one Porygon to start the chain. I never encountered yesterday's Daily Pokemon either.

I got 4 after a while and went to a patch I thought might've been safe, but I wasn't sure, so it capitalized on that and the chain broke so now I'm back to sifting through the Staravias.

pokebryce, I don't see why you couldn't rejoin, unless you were kicked out but I don't think that would've happened. But then again I can't remember.
Good luck on your Rayquaza, my friends have easily found their shiny versions early on.

edit:
This is frustrating, to say the least. At least when I was attempting to chain Gligars, I'd occasionally find a Gligar to start the chain.
It's been like 15 minutes again and still no Porygon....

edit: I found out the other Pokemon. It's Castform. I think I'll pass and wait another HOUR until I run into it or Porygon again. :(

edit:
K what about reverse psych I just found a Castform in common grass, which reminds me of my revelation of how I was finding Eevees in common grass too.
Either way I'm taking a break from this, this is nuts.

edit: Ok... here's how things stack up. I was able to find Porygon in the common grass at exactly an hour I found the first one the first time, lol.
I've eased it to about 6 or 7 in the chain and I have 10,000 steps. At first I wasn't serious about this, but I think I'm actually going to try pretty hard to get it. What's funny is I was just talking about Porygon last night with my friend anthony, showing him the shiny sprites. He seemingly has helped me with luck before, so maybe it'll work again this time.

I need to take another break though, got a headache, but things are looking optimistic if I just keep to those "flawless" grass patches.

Maybe, just maybe, during all of this, I'll get lucky AGAIN and see the shiny grass before 40. That would rock and I would be fine with that since this is such a hard Pokemon to take down.
I just hope I don't get a SEIZEDUR

edit 1 AM:

K.... well, I felt a little rushed. I wasn't going at my own pace because this guy wanted to battle me, and I wanted to battle him too. So while I waited for him and my friend to battle ( they still haven't, at this rate they will at approximately the end of time), I got to 14 and was going to the 15th but a Kricketune broke it. Bittersweet. Now I'm ready to kick some grass, and go for Gligar soon.

edit: 7-24-08, 8:46 PM:
In fact we never did, my "friend" never battled the guy who was wanting a challenge. I got pissed and left for bed.

I'm thinking about resetting for Dratini though, it's kinda like Magikarp/Gyarados in the way it gets Dragon Dance, plus I'll be able to have Punches and stuff.
It should go by faster than expected since I can get like 3 in about 10 seconds, check'm, reset, get 3 more, check, reset, etc.
And since it does get Dragon Dance, nature won't matter as much as my others.

Last edited:

Triple-H

WrestleMania 25 4/5/09
Years
hey a shiny hunters club!!!! can i join?

i already have a shiny Altaria, Flygon, and Milotic.

and im trying to get a shiny metagross next.

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Hey everyone!
Nothing to update on since I've been sooooo busy working it's crazy some girl went on a vacation this week and I got stuck with ALL her shifts! but hopefully I'll have some time to get some chaining done this weekend!!!
anyways gratz to anyone who got new shinies and welcome to all the new (and returning) members

Years
GL with that chaining. Man someone needs to get a shiny around here, but I'd rather breed for an awesome team than SR. Kinda ironic considering meh "name"... I'll try and do some Uxie resets today, but I will most likely do some the day we have a few storms. GL to all. I don't know why I didn't put anything exciting in this post. I am pathetic. :P

Tabatha

A figment of your imgination
Years
Seems like everyone is busy ><
but anyways I just had to come tell you guys about my dream......
I was living in the pokemon world but I seemed to be an eevee breeder so I was hatching all these eevee eggs....like a box full. So about the first half of the eevee's were normal and they just ran around while I hatched more looking cute. But then suddenly 2 eggs hatched at once and when I watched the little eevee's crawl out they were both shiny! So I get super excited but I still have eggs that need to hatch so I continue on working hatch a normal eevee then 5 eggs hatch at once and 2 of those eggs have shiny ones in them.... anyways all I remember is getting excited about hatching having 4 shiny eevee's then my dog comes into my room and wakes me up when he jumps on my bed to cuddle with me =(

SO anyways I think if I get a chance like during my break I'm going to try to hatch some of the eevee eggs I have in my diamond game because wow am I ever feeling lucky! I'll let you guys know if I get any shiny ones ^_^

Years
Hey congratz on mudkip and OMG on the two eevee's! i'm currently postponing uxie hunt to train an ice punch sneasel. the very first egg i hatched was MODEST. well whatever. good luck all.

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
hey a shiny hunters club!!!! can i join?

i already have a shiny Altaria, Flygon, and Milotic.

and im trying to get a shiny metagross next.

I've got to.... can't resist....

ARE YOU READY TO PLAY TEH GAME!?!?!?

*ahem*

I'm getting pretty serious about SRing Dratini now. It'd be such a great addition and I don't like Garchomp or Salamence so I'll play 3rd fiddle.

It also gives me something to do when I can't chain, like right now.

I have an epic battle with someone last night, it was pretty rough. Battle Tower hax much?

Part 1
Part 2

I made some lame moves, I'm not good at doubles and my strategies failed.

Years
that guy was pretty good unless he DID hack. otherwise HACKING SUCKS. I hope I can get a shiny sneasel from an egg soon, although i'm not trying. that would probably mess up my uxie hunt since i'm using my pearl for this...

DDD'SSCEPTILE

Years
that guy was pretty good unless he DID hack. otherwise HACKING SUCKS. I hope I can get a shiny sneasel from an egg soon, although i'm not trying. that would probably mess up my uxie hunt since i'm using my pearl for this...

Actually it's a she.
(Not to mention there is a fatal flaw in the team. Earthquake is super effective against everything but Latias, so Garchomp or anything with Earthquake and something that type trumps dragon or Psychic could end up making a clean sweep)

I doubt they hacked (I've been conversing with them for a little while now) but they probably got some of that off of the GTS.

I hate the GTS. That's all the people I fight have is stuff from the GTS. Raise some of your own Pokemon, yo. (Which means I'm actually doing pretty good seeing as 75% of the GTS Pokemon are probably hacked lol)

If I saw correctly, Latias came out of a pink ball. The only pink ball is a Heal Ball, which can only be found in Diamond/Pearl, in which Latias cannot be caught....

ERROR!

I'll have to review my tapes and get back with y'all. lol

No luck on Dratini yet but I think I can do this. I may switch to FR2 though since I haven't gotten a shiny on there yet (FR1 has yielded Machop and Scyther).

Good luck everyone

Back