• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
I downloaded the first Beta some Time ago and enjoyed it quite a lot; I like the Idea of a largely-faithful Remake quite well, I admit.

I think this may also be my first Post, though I've been lurking long enough.

Edit: When I open the Pokégear, above the Time of Day, is simply written "û".

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
I'll probably test this hack later but I'd like to know something though:

1) Did you make it so that Entei and Raikou can be randomly encountered as wild pokemon after the event in done ?
2) Does mom save your money ?

I can't think of anything other special about crystal to ask but just wanted to know :D

The game looks impressive by the way.
1 and 2: Not yet, but they're both things I'll try to implement in the future. :D
Thanks for the comments!
Hi Diego, just wanted to say that the Hack is awesome, I only have 2 things to report.
1) I can only register the Phone number of the first trainer, mom and elm.
2) I think the Odd Egg is not randomized. In Crystal it had a 50% Chance of being a shiny, could be Any Baby Pokemon (I want my Pichu :D ). Furthermore they always knew Dizzy Punch.
And again, AWESOME Hack.
1. I don't understand the trainer registering function yet, so the only people correctly registered are Elm and Mom. Joey just has the text of a hiker. :/
2. The species of the Odd Egg IS randomized, but the other two things aren't in yet. I tried making it 50% shiny, but it didn't work out...
Thanks for the compliment!
I meant in the future. Also, I really do love the sprites you use. Additionally, out of curiosity, how do you plan on implementing the radio?
Thanks! I'm planning to modify the radio Sebbe's making for LC for usage in Emerald. But that comes after Sebbe finishes it... :P
Bugs I've noticed so far:
-Trainer phone numbers don't register. I've asked several Trainers for the number and only Joey's number got registered.
-Abe, a Trainer in Violet Gym has a Hiker Trainer Class (instead of Bird Keeper)
1. See response 1 for jj_olli.
2. My bad, that was left there after I did some testing with the Hiker trainer class (it was glitched due to a bad trainer music hack). It's fixed and uploaded.
Thanks for the bug report!
I downloaded the first Beta some Time ago and enjoyed it quite a lot; I like the Idea of a largely-faithful Remake quite well, I admit.

I think this may also be my first Post, though I've been lurking long enough.

Edit: When I open the Pokégear, above the Time of Day, is simply written "û".
Can you tell me the emulator you're using and give me a save file I can use to replicate this bug? Seems a few people are having this problem, but I don't know what causes it... Thanks in advance!

There seems to be a small bug with the D/N system where the system glitches out if an arrow (like the one that leads into a gatehouse) is created after a water battle. I'm currently trying to fix this...

Years
I find the intro of the game really interesting... almost all the sprites of pokemon are changed except the groundon & kyogre... it must be difficult or impossible to change them, i can understand that...
1.BTW Suicune surrounded by bunch of unknown,thats awesome...
2.But the best part of the intro is... guess what? you find espeon at day & umbreon at night in intro... now thats totally cool... didnt realize it at first...
3.just wondering, is that togepi flying at the beginning of the intro(i mean the one which is replaced for black shadowy image of latios)
Again, im lovin' it... just keep up the good work...

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Can you tell me the emulator you're using and give me a save file I can use to replicate this bug? Seems a few people are having this problem, but I don't know what causes it... Thanks in advance!

The Emulator is the Visual Boy Advance Version 1.8, I believe. Time also doesn't seem to pass, though I wonder if this isn't because I tend to use Savestates — I didn't notice this until I wanted to catch an Oddish and found that it was still 10:06 a.m., which is when I started the Game (even though it was late the next Day when I went to catch one).

I'll send a link to the Emulator, Patched Rom, and Save via PM (apparently, I can't post a Link).

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've been playing it (up until quite late last night actually, despite having school the next day.) :D Anyway. somethings I'd like to say...
* I love how you really tried to make it like a Crystal revamp, focusing more on the features of Crystal rather than adding your own stuff. I either like my remakes to be vanilla or branch off extremely, with their own storylines etc. I prefer not to have a mis-matched revamp, if that makes any sense.
* The attention to detail; I like how you made the Kimono girls' dresses match their Pokemon. :) Also, the same applies to making Rock Smash a TM again.

Some issues.
* You don't get Quick Claw from the lady with the Persian or at least I didn't. She just goes through the dialogue as if she's already given it to you.
* I'd of liked the day/night Pokemon to be available at, well, day and night. But I think you've already commented on this somehwere, so no biggie.

As I said, I'm really enjoying it right now (I'm actually playing it at this moment.) Thanks so much for making such a amazing hack. :D

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
Years
Got the first gym badge! Woohoo! So far so good! The only thing i notices was the û above the time. I don't know if thats because I'm playing this on Gameboid on my phone.
Oh, and Prof. Elm's Pokeball just says the same text. Doesn't say that its his last one.
Is that a glitch?

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
This is compatible with Flash cart! Don't make it not compatible somehow lol. I did notice a glitch I saved in Mr Pokemons house and turned the game off then when I turned it on later it re-did the whole meet Professor Oak thing. I've had to restart a few times because the save file corrupted somehow. Oh and when I went back to New Bark this girl was all you can't leave without a pokemon even thought already had lol. But this looks great!:)

I found 2 errors 1. When your Rival uses the escape role it says Silver used an escape rope even if he has a different name. 2. The first trainer in the gym in Violet city has the name Hiker instead of Bird Keeper.
I'm going to report bugs and stuff like that as I play this is that ok with you?

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
50% shiny is not as good as 1%. Anyways, thanks for this awesome game. I'm going to play this on my phone now.
Well, 50% shiny is actually the correct chance for the Odd Egg to be shiny, at least in the Japanese version. Also, as an update, I made it so the Odd Egg's Pokémon has the move Dizzy Punch (and apparently, shiny Odd Eggs were never broken in the first place!). :D
I find the intro of the game really interesting... almost all the sprites of pokemon are changed except the groundon & kyogre... it must be difficult or impossible to change them, i can understand that...
1.BTW Suicune surrounded by bunch of unknown,thats awesome...
2.But the best part of the intro is... guess what? you find espeon at day & umbreon at night in intro... now thats totally cool... didnt realize it at first...
3.just wondering, is that togepi flying at the beginning of the intro(i mean the one which is replaced for black shadowy image of latios)
Again, im lovin' it... just keep up the good work...
Thanks! All the credit for the graphics in the amazing new intro goes to blase005. Also, the changes to Groudon and Kyorgre are still WIP. The Pokémon flying in the beginning of the intro is Celebi (like Flygon in Emerald was there and also in the later part of the intro).
The Emulator is the Visual Boy Advance Version 1.8, I believe. Time also doesn't seem to pass, though I wonder if this isn't because I tend to use Savestates — I didn't notice this until I wanted to catch an Oddish and found that it was still 10:06 a.m., which is when I started the Game (even though it was late the next Day when I went to catch one).

I'll send a link to the Emulator, Patched Rom, and Save via PM (apparently, I can't post a Link).
Thanks a bunch! By sending me this, you've helped me figure out the cause of this problem (a broken day-of-week offset routine) and I've fixed and uploaded a new patch. Also, time doesn't seem to pass because you probably have the RTC unchecked in the settings (Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock).
where do i find Chinchou in the game? also Heracross?
You can look up the charts for Crystal (Day) for Chinchou, although Heracross might have been limited to only a few Mountain locations...
I've been playing it (up until quite late last night actually, despite having school the next day.) :D Anyway. somethings I'd like to say...
* I love how you really tried to make it like a Crystal revamp, focusing more on the features of Crystal rather than adding your own stuff. I either like my remakes to be vanilla or branch off extremely, with their own storylines etc. I prefer not to have a mis-matched revamp, if that makes any sense. Hey, me too. I don't like it when I'm playing a really-close Crystal remake and suddenly something new gets thrown in. LC is awesome because of all that it adds; CD is awesome because of its overall accuracy.
* The attention to detail; I like how you made the Kimono girls' dresses match their Pokemon. :) Also, the same applies to making Rock Smash a TM again. Thanks! Also, Whirlpool is an HM and actually works from the menu. :D

Some issues.
* You don't get Quick Claw from the lady with the Persian or at least I didn't. She just goes through the dialogue as if she's already given it to you. Whoops, event flag overlap... Fixed and uploaded.
* I'd of liked the day/night Pokemon to be available at, well, day and night. But I think you've already commented on this somehwere, so no biggie. Yeah, they'll be added once Advance-Map stops throwing a fit after a modification of the routines.

As I said, I'm really enjoying it right now (I'm actually playing it at this moment.) Thanks so much for making such a amazing hack. :D
Responses in bold. Thanks for the comments!
Got the first gym badge! Woohoo! So far so good! The only thing i notices was the û above the time. I don't know if thats because I'm playing this on Gameboid on my phone.
Oh, and Prof. Elm's Pokeball just says the same text. Doesn't say that its his last one.
Is that a glitch?
The first issue is the same one I fixed above. You also might not have the RTC enabled in your settings. If not, enable it (if you can even do that on Gameboid).
The second issue is actually not an issue. It says this in Crystal as well.
This is compatible with Flash cart! Don't make it not compatible somehow lol. I did notice a glitch I saved in Mr Pokemons house and turned the game off then when I turned it on later it re-did the whole meet Professor Oak thing. I've had to restart a few times because the save file corrupted somehow. Oh and when I went back to New Bark this girl was all you can't leave without a pokemon even thought already had lol. But this looks great!:)

I found 2 errors 1. When your Rival uses the escape role it says Silver used an escape rope even if he has a different name. 2. The first trainer in the gym in Violet city has the name Hiker instead of Bird Keeper.
I'm going to report bugs and stuff like that as I play this is that ok with you?
The glitches with the save file corrupting ARE the incompatibilities with the flash cart... I'm hoping JPAN can fix his variable hack like he did for FireRed...
The first of the two errors is an oversight by me from back when you couldn't name Silver... Fixed and uploaded. The second was a leftover from when I was testing out a bug with the Hiker class, also fixed and uploaded.

Thanks for all the posts and bugs you guys have been finding! All of it contributes to CrystalDust being a better game in the end!

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Thanks a bunch! By sending me this, you've helped me figure out the cause of this problem (a broken day-of-week offset routine) and I've fixed and uploaded a new patch. Also, time doesn't seem to pass because you probably have the RTC unchecked in the settings (Options -> Emulator -> Real Time Clock).

I'm glad I could be of Help; and thank you for the Bit about the Clock. Have you put a Sunstone anywhere, so I can evolve my Oddish once it is a Gloom? I'm very partial to Bellossom.

Edit: I've just checked the ROM — all seems to be in Order with the Clock.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
I'm glad I could be of Help; and thank you for the Bit about the Clock. Have you put a Sunstone anywhere, so I can evolve my Oddish once it is a Gloom? I'm very partial to Bellossom.

Edit: I've just checked the ROM — all seems to be in Order with the Clock.
So you have the clock on, but time still isn't passing? :/
Also, I haven't added a Sun Stone in. If you ever need to find an item location, just look it up for Crystal; I have the same locations.

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
I've checked it, and everything seems to be alright. The Day of the Week and Time ARE displaying properly. And I hope you don't mind if I add my own Sunstone, then...

Edit: I was mistaken — the Clock still won't progress (though I don't mind it all that much)...

Sierraffinity

Years
I've checked it, and everything seems to be alright. The Day of the Week and Time ARE displaying properly. And I hope you don't mind if I add my own Sunstone, then...

Edit: I was mistaken — the Clock still won't progress (though I don't mind it all that much)...
That's odd. Try saving it manually (Start -> Save) then enable the RTC, exit and re-enter the emulator.
Also, I don't mind if you add in a Sun Stone, as long as you don't mind any glitches that might occur (which shouldn't unless you make a whole new item that makes you have to repoint events).

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Alright, I'll try that; and I think it ought to be fine if I just drop one in with AdvanceMap, though I won't need to evolve my Gloom until she learns Moonlight.

Trying a conventional Save merely got me a Message that the File had been erased owing to Corruption or Damage. I'm beginning to suspect it may be a Problem with the Emulator rather than the hacked ROM.

Sierraffinity

Years
Alright, I'll try that; and I think it ought to be fine if I just drop one in with AdvanceMap, though I won't need to evolve my Gloom until she learns Moonlight.

Trying a conventional Save merely got me a Message that the File had been erased owing to Corruption or Damage. I'm beginning to suspect it may be a Problem with the Emulator rather than the hacked ROM.
With the right settings, the emulator you sent me works fine. Can you send me over a copy of your vba.ini? (you didn't include one in your previous rar)

Albert Clare

Sir Fluffy
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 27, 2013
Alright, I've sent you something I think is the INI — there wasn't any such Thing in the RAR which originally contained it — and I can send the entire Folder if that isn't it; I really do appreciate the Assistance.

Years
hey! diego downloaded a latest patch & you've fixed the day bug in poke'gear & Prof. Elm script for masterball as well... no more 'u' symbol... that was really quick update... sorry i was late... i see albert clare & you have found out the problem... thank to you albert as well... but i dont have the problem of time not passing as albert is having... it is working fine with my emulator i.e. VBA version 1.7.2.560... i think this version is compatible with most of the hacks i play except for LC which requires 1.8, i guess...

Alright, I've sent you something I think is the INI — there wasn't any such Thing in the RAR which originally contained it — and I can send the entire Folder if that isn't it; I really do appreciate the Assistance.

Albert, i think you should try using VBA 1.7.2.560... if it works fine then it should be a problem with VBA 1.8...

Last edited:
Back