• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Super Smash Bros: Augustine Rush [T] [OOC/SU]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
I don't really get the fascination with PvP in freeform. :/ It's impossible to regulate.

@Leaf Storm: I was thinking. In theme with the Metroid games, would it be possible for me to "fluff" the items as modular parts for the power suit? So, the Cracker Launcher would be an upgrade that Mimi could add to her arm cannon (But it would still be finite, obviously).

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Hehehe that's gonna be fun :p I'm expecting everyone to go nuts at the first supposed death XD especially when that death is from flying a thousand miles an hour straight out into the ocean :p I volunteer to be the first to get his ass kicked X3

EDIT: And then a buncha people post before me XD Well its the popular vote I suppose :p

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I disagree with the Brawl-based combat system because that's a slippery slope straight into competitive video games and I'm at least partially confident I would suddenly become the most powerful character in the RP.

Also, it occurred to me that I should've given Lilly Perry.

@Lili: I don't know about you, but fighting is all about character development and drama for me. Also comedy. It's not actually competitive. (Competitive writing is legitimately boring, if you ask me anyway.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
I concur with Yellow. I do agree that the more you're damaged the farther you fly when you get knocked, but I don't think we should be going for over-the-top 'flying off the island' scenarios here xD

If a character is damaged enough and gets hit hard enough, you can have him crash through a tree or two if you want, since that'd be pretty cool and would definitely show how damaged he'd be at that point. So I hold firmly onto the idea of Brawl combat, with a tinge of realism involved, at least for the damaging system. Keep in mind, they -are- just regular people, but with 'super powers'.

Megaman765

Years
Yeah I guess I'd have to agree with the others here :p I dunno XP Seems like an overly complex system we're trying to make now that I think about it :p We could just stay at "If you get beat up, you get beat up" and leave it at that :p

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
-_- OMG. This % thing is KILLING ME! I don't get it! Who gets this much % gets knocked out, 350% with bosses? I don't get it! *curls up in corner* My day is horrible... Somebody please explain this better to me...

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
@Lili: I don't know about you, but fighting is all about character development and drama for me. Also comedy. It's not actually competitive. (Competitive writing is legitimately boring, if you ask me anyway.
A dude attacking everyone does not drama make.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 16, 2024
Pity LS is probably out getting her sweet christmas presents, while we're here futhering an argument without her opinion, which actually matters most, since she is the GM. I say we just wait for her to come back, and until then, avoid getting our characters smashed through any trees!

@ShinyDiamond if you've ever played SSBB, you'll surely be aware of the damage system. Basically, how quickly you lose 'a life' is based on this meter, which fills up as you take damage. Bigger as it gets, you get blown in the air more easily if you receive strong hits. If you get thrown out of the targeted area, you lose. For example, if somebody has 300% health, you can blow them into space with a finishing move OR WITH A CRATE OF BOMB-OMBS, JUST LIKE I DO EVERY TIME

We are now arguing over whether this mechanic could be successfully implemented into the RP, and what boundaries would be used if we did - players couldn't just be blown off the island.

Last edited:

Megaman765

Years
A dude attacking everyone does not drama make.

I don't think anyone would go off and attack everyone on the island :p But I doubt every character is going to exactly get along, hence where fights might come in. Or perhaps just practicing between days when they aren't being hunted down. Its bound to happen :p

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
@ShinyDiamond if you've ever played SSBB, you'll surely be aware of the damage system. Basically, how quickly you lose 'a life' is based on this meter, which fills up as you take damage. Bigger as it gets, you get blown in the air more easily if you receive strong hits. If you get thrown out of the targeted area, you lose. For example, if somebody has 300% health, you can blow them into space with a finishing move OR WITH A CRATE OF BOMB-OMBS, JUST LIKE I DO EVERY TIME

We are now arguing over whether this mechanic could be successfully implemented into the RP, and what boundaries would be used if we did - players couldn't just be blown off the island.
& how does % work in this RP, specifically with bosses?

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Wow, this thread exploded all of a sudden. xD

I might as well join in on the mayhem. I think it would be preferable if "death" meant something. It shouldn't be cheapened in construct to simply "re-spawning". If we get beat up, then we get beat up.

Just my brief opinion. :D

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015
I think we should make it more realistic; beating someone damages them. Death should certainly be possible, but much, much harder than killing a 'regular person'.

I imagined a scene where the Fox cosplayer made an attempt to flee the island, but is stopped by Cammy, as Cammy says, "I can't let you do that, Star Fox."

Lilizuki: Tomorrow morning I'll post again with Tenshi, so keep Samus there. I'll start that interaction. Also, waiting on you in PTA

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Oh, I forgot to ask. Anybody free for me to run into? I don't want to just inadvertently force somebody into interaction they don't want. :3

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
I have Kamui at the desert now. I'd like to face one of the optional bosses: Sonic.

Another note, nobody answered my question on my last post. I need some answers; otherwise, it'll bug me all night. I know how the % goes, I've played the game. But how does it go with optional & mandatory bosses?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016
Oh, I forgot to ask. Anybody free for me to run into? I don't want to just inadvertently force somebody into interaction they don't want. :3
The Koopa army interaction is free. Maybe if you and Eve show up together, the four of us could beat 'em. :v
Lilizuki: Tomorrow morning I'll post again with Tenshi, so keep Samus there. I'll start that interaction. Also, waiting on you in PTA
Gotcha. And I'll do that ASAP.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
>sees thread already 5 pages long
>most of page became a debate
>scratches head

I'm leaning towards the idea of "higher damage = crash into an object", because since we're surrounded by cactuses, bushes, forests, and mountains all around the island. So! I am in agreement towards everyone's opinions and keeping the "you get beat up, you get beat up" theory. It's the idea that stood out the most and it would be useful to determine everyone's health status xD

I apologize that I didn't think of that clearly. xD Honestly I wasn't aware of *how* players manage their health. My mindset was infinite. xD

Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone....again. And disregard anything with the percentage. We're gonna stick with the whole LET'S SLAM HIM OUT ONTO DA CACTUS.

oh and btw. Ariya post tomorrow morning. I'm halfway done! >_<

I don't really get the fascination with PvP in freeform. :/ It's impossible to regulate.

@Leaf Storm: I was thinking. In theme with the Metroid games, would it be possible for me to "fluff" the items as modular parts for the power suit? So, the Cracker Launcher would be an upgrade that Mimi could add to her arm cannon (But it would still be finite, obviously).

That's perfectly fine! You (well, anyone) is free to use their items however they want, but their power *is* limited, yes.

*Sees Ness taken, cries heart out*
Any room for me? I've got an idea for a Pichu character!

Three of the remaining spots are reserved, sadly. I'd recommend you to wait if either of the spots are open, because I will keep the player count at 15 and that's it. If all of the spots are taken, then unfortunately I won't be taking any players. :(

If any spot opens, I will VM you. :) I'll continue accepting spots before the mandatory boss battle...which will happen very soon. :)

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
Whoo! Go Leaf for picking the realism in a fantasy kind of setting! xP

Nah, I'm joking, I really do like that idea, of both having the 'you bet beat up, you get beat up', as well as the 'Falconnnnnn PAWNCH!' *Goes flying into two trees and a rock before stopping*.

So yeah, kudos to Leaf for taking an approach that people can actually relate to and understand! *Pats Shinydiamond* :3

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
The Koopa army interaction is free. Maybe if you and Eve show up together, the four of us could beat 'em. :vGotcha. And I'll do that ASAP.

Took you up on the offer. I had my character black out for just a second. I wanted to introduce my character to failing early on, kind of a "getting used to her abilities thing". I figured her underestimating kickback would be a good mistake. :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Flock enemies have been dropped on two players. Also items have been rewarded!

Also, thank you guys! Always working hard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back