• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon Heart Gold/Soul Silver] Emulation Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Found this on another site....
THIS IS ONLY TESTED ON NO$GBA 2.6a
I have only passed the second gym, only 1 trainer loop.

If someone can upload SoulSilver with the Bios I will add it to this post

How:
http://wb3000.nintendo-scene.com/dsbuff.html
Used to Unpack the Heart Gold Rom
Find a file with the name Guru2
Delete it
Repack
Get your own NDS Bios
Play
This can also be used for Soul Silver.

Troubleshooting:
IF YOU GET A BLACK SCREEN DO THE FOLLOWING
1. Open No$gba 2.6a (not tested on 2.6, but more than likely will work) and open emulation setup
2. change the drop down option on "Reset/Startup Entrypoint" to "GBA BIOS"
3. Press OK
4. IMPORTANT: Go to file and select cartridge menu (filename) Do not reset cartridge or it will crash

if you get the save file cannot be written or w/e
1. go to emulation setup and change
2. NDS-Cartridge Backup Media to FLASH 512kbytes (if you have 2.6a set it to auto)

Game may freeze randomly, use these to fix:

Code:
Pokemon HeartGold (U)fix code:
020DD9E4 E1A00000
020D3820 E1A00000

Pokemon Soul Silver (U)fix code:
020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000
Make sure you load the ROM with GBA BIOS selected or it more than likely will not work.

What this did
I removed the AP from the ROM
This means that it should run with minimal black screening, trainer loops and other things that were happening before.
if this is not the case I can remove it, as I have only beaten the second gym I do not know if the full game is playable or not.

Minor Glitches:
Some times when transitioning to different buildings or zones the people become black squares, to fix this re-enter the zone or ignore it
Abilities like water gun and stuff look bad.

IF YOU SAVE THE GAME, AND THEN IN SOME WAY CRASH THE ROM YOUR SAVE WILL BE LOST.

Years
SOLUTION FOR THE NO$GBA USERS!!!

Follow these instructions:
- Download the latest NO$GBA (2.6a) and NO$ZOOMER (2.3.0.2)
- Download biosnds7.rom and biosnds9.rom.
- Put them together in the same directory with the game.nds and the emulators.
- Open your NO$ZOOMER and change the startup entrypoint to: GBA Bios (Nintendo Logo)
- Your HG/SS game will open normally and successfully pass the black screen.
- You may get a freeze every 20-25 minutes so be sure to save often.
i tried this, and it didnt work. i cant open the rom at all with the startup set to bios. i have the 2 bios files in the same folder as the zoomer, and when i try to open the heart gold rom, it looks like it's working (the speed thing at the top says 100%) but it just gives a white screen. then i tried putting the bios files in the folder with the game rom, and it gave me a message saying that i needed the bios files to start the game, as though i didnt already have them (then it said the rom image had crashed)>.< so i would like some help, please. i'd like to not have to download much more stuff, but if i have to, i will.

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
I have R4. So Im having trouble entering the fix. Can anyone help me? Much appreciated, Dapofola

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2010
The Rom has crashed

Whenever I have GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo) on my no$gba it gives me the message the rom has crashed when trying to play soul silver & I can't load my snapshot without having that bios thing on

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2011
Whenever I have GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo) on my no$gba it gives me the message the rom has crashed when trying to play soul silver & I can't load my snapshot without having that bios thing on

It does that to me, too. That's why I got an R4. Emulators dont really help that much. It's the patching that really ticks me off. I can never find a good Patch. But I guess that I can buy the game (if my mom'll get it for me)

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2010
i have a no$gba emulator and i've downloaded heart gold and when i try to open it it says: "the save data could not be accessed.
please turn the power off and reinsert the DS game card"
i've tried many times and it still doesn't work ,what to do?

Years
i have a no$gba emulator and i've downloaded heart gold and when i try to open it it says: "the save data could not be accessed.
please turn the power off and reinsert the DS game card"
i've tried many times and it still doesn't work ,what to do?
go to options, emulation set up, and change the nds file save type to 512 flash. save the options and restart the emulator. thats what has worked for me.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
Years
  • Seen Sep 14, 2012
Oh man, This bad. Man damn save is at the point where the rom image wants to crash EXACTLY when I press continue. This is happening 5 times in a row. I can't get pass the continue screen. I need a crash or antifreeze fix or something. Help?

Years
  • Seen Jun 27, 2010
I am having a unique problem.

I managed to get passed the black screen of death, and I save frequently so the crashing is not an issue. But starting in Violet City, I started having this bizarre issue. First, the game would stop loading tiles. This usually happens when you try to take advantage of a glitch in the 4th generation games known on bulbapedia as "tweaking".

At this point I would try going into a building in order to allow the game to work itself out. The ROM then crashes. Now, regardless of how many times I have saved, quit and relaunched the emulator and reloaded the save file; as soon as this glitch happens, any progress made following the "how to catch a pokemon" tutorial just outside of Newbark town is lost.

If anyone is experiencing this, could you recommend a workaround or a fix?

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
1st post!!! Been a user for almost a year now! Got around "Black Screen Of Death", Played up till 1st badge using action replay code! Saved and restarted NO$GBA often! Only problems i've had is that sometimes the sprites glitch! (When I log off the PC once and on the second level of sprout tower multiple times) Fixed by walking out of the poke center and going up and down the ladder in sprout tower until fixed!

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2011
well i cant get passed this black screen...
I tried some codes too..

Make sure you are using the correct code that corresponds to the particular version that you are playing! I'm playing the US SoulSilver btw!
SAVE AND RESTART EMULATOR OFTEN! I'm on the way to union cave! So far the only crash i've had was upon leaving the Ruins Of Alph research house!

Toxicroak

Mustard
Years
Is anyone considering buying the game because of these issues?

i know i im, even if i manage to fix the freezing on the R4 i will still buy the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back