• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon 3D

What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?

• Kanto/Johto

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • New region

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Both

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
I only started programming about 3 days ago so this is what i have done>>>

Miscellaneous

Menu and walking engine linked
<<loaded and tested textured models>>

Menu Engine

Set Resolution Code - change resolution and fullscreen.
Transparency set up - images blend into background.
3D cursor - 3D cursor is now the mouse cursor.
Main background image loaded with 4 buttons - Menu objects set up.
Menu button code - code to navigate options, etc.
Change volume slider - code to change volume of game.

Walking Engine

Sky System loaded - 3D sky cube with texture set up.
Player movement - uses W,S,A,D to move player.
Gravity - player is effected by gravity
Basic collision - player is blocked by basic objects.
Mouse code added - move the players head with mouse.
Sidebar code - pressing "enter" opens the side pokemon menu. Also stops player from moving around or looking around.
Bike set up - set up speeds if player is on bike. Goes 2 times faster.
Menu slide coded - menus now dont just pop-up like the GBA games, they slide in and out of the screen.

More to come>>>

But thats just programming, lol. We've started again (sort of) in the modelling and graphics department due to the new style change (Diamond/Pearl).

Here are a couple of screenies (ignore the pokemon3D logo - it sucks! LOL) >>>

menu_engine_new.png

menu_options.png

Last edited:

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
What I can say is...
AWESOME!!!
Finally, good luck of the 3D game.
But I think it is huge and if download, it will took few hours.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
I do have to admit this is looking good.Also, what is this game being made with again?

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
it is being coded in c/c++ using a 3d engine called "Gamestudio".

@OmegaGroudon - we hope to get the game under 150mb.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
well, what baout if you make it so that you download an installer, and then the installer downloads more files? that would make it so that the time you spend downloading it is nil, you have it install overnight. it would also mean you could have a larger game

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
this looks great so far
I've considered for a long time how awesome it would be if there was a 3D pokemon game like the GB/GBA ones.
Anyway, I'm just about to join your forums

Klingon

Banned
Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2007
I like this; has some interesting things.
Not much bad about it :)
Good going dude~

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
Years
Ok, as everyone knows, only the first 251 Pokémon from Bulbasaur to Celebi will be in this game. Now we need to decide if we have only he Kanto/Johto attacks or every attack. The poll is here so please go and vote to help us. To remember that the more attacks there are in the game, the bigger the game file for your PC, the game could lag more AND the longer it'll take for us to implent all the attacks and release the final copy.

Just to let everyone know, we're now making some progress on the game. Hopefully we can get a demo out soon after Christmas but I wouldn't out money on it.

Btw, the forums have heaps of members but you have to get on at the exact right time of the day and week to see others on at the same time. But if you sign up and post, you'll always get a response - especially from me and also... erm - one other certain member whom I presume DJB knows of whom I speak.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
Years
  • Seen May 18, 2016
Okay, but anymore in game screenshot?
I really want to see them!
They are nice^^

Improfane

hiatus
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2010
If you're going to have 251 Pokemon you need to have the Johto attacks otherwise you'll have some plain underpowered Pokemon.

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
I think we will stick with the johto/kanto attacks as its kinda weird having only 2nd gen pokemon that know 3rd/4th gen attacks. I think they will be plenty of attacks to satisfy everyone. BTW about lagging - the attacks are being coded using particles and so each attack is around 1KB in size, lol. So should have no worries with file size limits.

Yes, i know everyone is wanting more screenshots but its really hard to produce something this complex in short periods of time. You'll get ur sreenshots - i promise.

We're now working on the major part of the game - the battle system. I just have to finish my 2 pokemon models to test it and then me and the other programmer can start messing around with it.

BTW - Pokemon Professor, i know exactly who you are on about on the forums - anime. lol.

Pokemon Professor

~The Expert~
Years
Anime? What about it? And you know my name is Thomas. Just use it. It'd be by nickname if it wasn't taken when I signed up. lol. If only I was a few years earlier. Back on topic - why exactly are we not having all Pokemon from 001-493 again? Because we could model them easily. We've already got people to do the first 251... You know what I mean. =S >.> More attacks is quite good though and btw, who ever said we wouldn't have Johto attacks? We are at the very least having all Kanto and Johto Pokemon and Kanto and Johto attacks - if not more of both.

jonsploder

Teh SHPLODAR
Years
I think that you should start off small and then do the 4th generation. I think that it would be faster of you did the kanto/johto FIRST (region, maps, attacks, bokemon, items..................) AND THEN update it. I think that if we get a demo, it should include most of kanto and a battle/bag/menu/movement system. Then its pretty simple once those are done, just keep adding.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2008
I'm pretty sure it's illegal.. but you won't get sued, not as long as you don't mass advertise it in terms of millions of people downloading it. Nintendo has much more to worry about than to look after people who create fan Pokemon games. You guys are pretty safe.

By the way, are you really gonna code all of the 251 Pokemon? It's pretty hardcore. I've heard from some people that you can import 3D models from ROMs and ISOs.. is it true? If so, you might want to import the models from Battle Revolution or some GameCube game, it can save you a lot of trouble.

About the game itself, my hat goes down to you, it looks incredible, especially for a fan-made game.
I've actually thought of a LOT of ideas for a Pokemon 3D RPG, I'll sum it up all here, hopefully one will help you. The ideas are mainly based on the 'what if' that Nintendo did it, so they're pretty detailed and might be too complicated, or just not appealing to you guys. From here on I'm copying and pasting from a textfile I've been saving [it's a collection of a lot of people's ideas].

Outside of battle:
-Sidequests. Tons and tons of sidequests. Like, I wanna catch/beat a one-armed shiny Scyther with a scar on it's left eye that's been causing trouble to the Safari Zone. The League itself is a sidequest too and the Legendaries are the main plot of the game.
-HMs rewritten to 3D environment. For example, Fly is completely manual and you can land everywhere you want, a very fast Run will be an HM, etc.
-HMs and TMs are not gonna be as they are, but like, say, Zelda games, you need to go to a specific place and someone there will teach the Pokemon the attack.
-There's gonna be some sort of a big city that's fully online. People will trade and battle with each other easily. It could have exclusive events, Pokemon and other stuff.
-Starting a battle is totally different. The Pokemon will move around freely, like in Pokemon Snap, and you'll challenge one you'll choose by getting out your Pokemon first. The others will go away and you'll be able to battle the Pokemon. Of course, they can challenge you too. And there's no annoying intro to battles. Battles can happen everywhere, hell, might even in the middle of performing Fly just like Surf, as long as you have Pokemon that could battle in that environment. Fully Water Pokemon can't battle outside of water [Rivers should be everywhere to allow them to battle], etc.

Inside of battle:
The battle will be used in 3rd control directly over Pokemon, and not turn-based. This is a huge difference and is more accurate since you're the one deciding if an attack misses or dodged, speed affects the battle more etc. and, of course, you don't need to sit through very long fights looking at your Pokemon standing there doing nothing taking hits. Playing Pikachu in Super Smash Bros. is similar.
Pokemon could learn 6 attacks. 2 "Supporting" ones and 4 "Main" ones. The 2 supporting ones will be physical attacks like Tackle, Jump, Dash, and some of the attacks that exist. Pokemon will never forget such attacks they learn, but just like you need to choose which 3 weapons to put on your C keys in Zelda, you'll need to choose which 2 attacks to put on the Supporting slots. Main attacks will be varied like attacks that change the stats like Growl and normal attacks.
This can allow stuff like combos, like Jump + Tackle + Thunder to increase Attack by 50 or something for that certain attack.
To heal a Pokemon, you'll need him to get close to the trainer to do that, and it'll give quite a few seconds of openings to do more damage. Pokemon will block Pokeballs by simply whipping them away [like in the manga], and you can't throw a Pokeball at an already fainted Pokemon because.. it's against your moral, or some other excuse.

This is quit long.. I hope you'll find anything useful.

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2011
well, i slightly disagree
the speed and such of the attacks would be left up to the pokemon - like how fast they move, and how fast teh attacks are actually done. like a delay before attacks
other than that, i'm fine with what the long post said
i've always wanted a game in which you control the pokemon themselves
slight problem though - how do you do 2vs2 battles?

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2008
@ scienceboy
About the speed, the stat still influences your speed of movement. The higher the stat, the higher you can move with the Pokemon around, the more control you'll have using something like Dash etc. For example something like, if Speed is up'd by 50 during battle, you can move a little faster, there's less delay before attempting a Main attack, stuff like that. And overall the Speed stat by itself influences some of the attacks like Gyro Ball.
About 2v2.. I dunno. Probably the computer will control the other one, and you can switch whenever you like. But since the game is still early in the series I don't think he'll put 2v2 this early.

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Hmmm some nice ideas but we''ve pretty much covered what's going to be included. As for 2v2 i dont think it will be in Pokemon3D because i think it sucks!

There hasnt been much progress because the team is very busy with personla stuff liek exams and college work. I hope to progress much faster in the new year and hopefully be able to release a demo.

Back