• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
The better parts are towards the end and that's not just because that's where I started to show up.

One of the arguments made back then by xXscytherXx was how he compared how the minority of gay people shouldn't be catered what they demand just because they're a small interest group, like how you shouldn't give a small interest group of murderers the right to murder because they demand murder be legal.

SOUNDS LEGIT.

Quite an interesting look back indeed. I jaw-dropped at what I said back when I was twelve.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
>Click to end of thread
>"I'm just tired of people who are gay arguing with me. Once again, this is a conflict between straight people; Straight people who are for it and who are against it."
>nope.jpg

I'm halfway there

My evening is so slow that this is my entertainment.

From what I've seen so far there are lots of people popping in to go "ITS WRONG" or something to that effect, or citing 'facts' but no evidence as to why it's bad. Then there are the heroes of the thread giving them actual figures and watching the haters run in circles XD

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
GO SWIFTSIGN GOOOO

I actually found my first post in this thread! Click.

So much changes in people that their opinions and outlook follow suit.
It's interesting how we grow.

By the way if anyone is wondering that friend of mine didn't turn out to be gay. He did really into ghetto black subculture, though.

Also, "I'm against two guys getting married. But two girls.... that's a different story lol."

X3;

droomph

weeb
Years
Good thing we don't see that anymore, because 1. the current generation of young, friendly and liberal mods are better at their jobs than their dusty, creaky and conservative older counterparts or 2. people have accepted the fact that there will be gay people.

Also I remember back in marching band camp someone made up the term "queermosexual". I don't know either.
I don't really care what the people do.
(As long if it's not my problem)

I know some people are aganist it and some people are totally for it, and some people are like "Um... your asking me?".

As for me, I'm one of those "Um, your asking me?" people. athough, some of those people who are against it get annoying about thier bashing. God people, just accept the fact that some people are gay so I don't have to hear more about your usless attempts! sheesh...

But if I HAD to pick, I would support it.
One of my 2 top two friends, It's PAINFULLY obvious that he going to be gay.
I would support it, Because I don't want to dis my friend.
Oh, you, 11-year-old Kiyoshi. You will never know how much more you'll mature over the years.

Especially with the grammar and spelling and stuff. And the new username and stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
GO SWIFTSIGN GOOOO

I actually found my first post in this thread! Click.

So much changes in people that their opinions and outlook follow suit.
It's interesting how we grow.

By the way if anyone is wondering that friend of mine didn't turn out to be gay. He did really into ghetto black subculture, though.

Also, "I'm against two guys getting married. But two girls.... that's a different story lol."

X3;

THATS YOU! Awwh. :P I did notice how you change opinion through-out the thread.

Also, I think that thread shows a common train of thought among the heterosexual community:

"I'm not homophobic, but I don't agree with gay marriage,"

"I'm not homophobic, but they should just keep it to themselves,"

Those are the most irritating views, and people refuse to see how hypocritical what they are saying is :(.

Also I have read/skimmed all 20 pages, medal please.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
@Droomph- Oh my goodness when I saw "Bipolar Bear" I almost died. XD;

It is a much friendlier atmosphere in the forum nowadays. The mods are very much apart of the community rather than a subgroup of their own that happens to rule over all the other people.

@SwiftSign-

Gold-Medal.jpg

FOR REVIEWING AN ENTIRE THREAD FROM 2007 AND WASTING A GOOD HOUR OR TWO DOING SO

droomph

weeb
Years
^ also complimentary two-pound reward
Two-Pound-Coin-UK-1.jpg

SO CAN I BE A MOD NOW? I'm glad I wasn't here when that was the case. I would have hated that.

@SwiftSign Also I think they meant something like "OH MA GAWD I DON'T LIKE GAYS BUT I'LL PUT UP WITH THEM DERP"

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Whoa that's the biggest £2 I've seen.

Yay rewards!

I've been on forums for a good 10 years, and although none have been against homosexuality, the amount of acceptance has diminished over the years. The internet has always been much more openly-gay than the real life environment anyway - at least until I got to University.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
SwiftSign's description of Uni:

19139567.jpg

So you mean the internet has gotten more homophobic?
" the amount of acceptance has diminished over the years. "

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
SwiftSign's description of Uni:

19139567.jpg

So you mean the internet has gotten more homophobic?
" the amount of acceptance has diminished over the years. "

Oops I typed the opposite of what I meant ;__; prejudice has diminished.

And that's pretty much what Uni is! You suddenly realise that loads of people are gay, just everyone back in secondary school was closeted/didn't speak about it.

Bad thing is that in some gay circles it's like pass the boyfriend I swear.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

Oops I typed the opposite of what I meant ;__; prejudice has diminished.

And that's pretty much what Uni is! You suddenly realize that loads of people are gay, just everyone back in secondary school was closeted/didn't speak about it.

Bad thing is that in some gay circles it's like pass the boyfriend I swear.

And here is your side order of fries. <3

Good to know. :3

Well you have to admit, a lot of gays/lesbians are a bit more easy to bed, if you know what I mean. It's easier to become easy if there were a ton of people in your life who didn't accept your sexuality so once you had freedom to express it you hopped on the seedy train.

Italics for words you know damn well I'm trying to say but can't.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Good to know. :3

Well you have to admit, a lot of gays/lesbians are a bit more easy to bed, if you know what I mean. It's easier to become easy if there were a ton of people in your life who didn't accept your sexuality so once you had freedom to express it you hopped on the seedy train.

Italics for words you know damn well I'm trying to say but can't.

I suppose that must be it :o I stay out the circles as much as possible haha - although from University and twitter combined I think I know most of the Cardiff queers!! ;D

"Zelda, Princess of Hyrule and Fast Food Restaurants"! You almost got away with that. :p

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years

I suppose that can't be it.
:o I try to be in those circles as much as possible haha - although from University and twitter combined I don't think I know most of the Cardiff queers!! D;

"Zelda, Princess of Hyrule and Fast Food Restaurants"! You totally got away with that. :P

I associate it with what I call "NewGay syndrome." Where people who don't know what to do with their sexuality or embrace their sexuality for the first time fall into the stereotype.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This thread is amazing omg. I haven't read it all yet but I've been shocked by the things a few current members have said lol.

Also,

Weatherman said:
The only reason why i'm Undecided is because gays used to scare me when I was little. Now, I see they barely getting any rights, I have to think...

D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! XD - were we like the clowns at the circus, Kiyoshi? :P

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
I happened across this thread completely by chance after coming to pokecommunity after a year or so hiatus, lol. Which is amusing, seeing as I left in the first place because there was a previous thread where someone had tried to start a LGBTQS thread and it had to be locked because of closed-mindedness and arguing.

Anyways, I am here. 21, and I live in NY where marriage is legal for same-sex couples. I just got married to my love of 3 years at niagara falls on 3.21.12

Spoiler:

Notice the rainbow in the upper right hand corner of that first picture, lol =D

I've been out since I did a semester of college, and now I'm just cruising through life. Despite being in a very conservative part of NY, there seem to be a ton of gays around. Or maybe I'm just a magnet?

(Since you're probably wondering, I'm the one on the right and the beautiful lady on the left is my wife =P)

Shining Raichu

Years
Wow, welcome back to PC Lateon! And welcome to our little group here :D

Gay women are kind of rare on PC for some reason - there are a couple but gay men and transgender people seem to take up a lot more of the LGBT populace here. And you're definitely the first married woman (or married person at all, for that matter!) that we've had in the club, so those pictures are amazing to see :D you are both stunning!

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
D'AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! XD - were we like the clowns at the circus, Kiyoshi? :P

The only difference is that I never accepted the clowns. D:<

I happened across this thread completely by chance after coming to pokecommunity after a year or so hiatus, lol. Which is amusing, seeing as I left in the first place because there was a previous thread where someone had tried to start a LGBTQS thread and it had to be locked because of closed-mindedness and arguing.

Anyways, I am here. 21, and I live in NY where marriage is legal for same-sex couples. I just got married to my love of 3 years at niagara falls on 3.21.12

Spoiler:

Notice the rainbow in the upper right hand corner of that first picture, lol =D

I've been out since I did a semester of college, and now I'm just cruising through life. Despite being in a very conservative part of NY, there seem to be a ton of gays around. Or maybe I'm just a magnet?

(Since you're probably wondering, I'm the one on the right and the beautiful lady on the left is my wife =P)

SO MANY FEELS. ;;

You seem like a really nice person and you and your wife make a gorgeous couple. Welcome!

Lateon

The Eon Follower
Years
Aw, thank you <3 Glad to know I'm a minority, even on here. lol

Yeah, when New York approved gay marriage I wasn't about to wait until they went all Prop 8 on us. Because as far as we've come with gay rights, knowing my luck NY would repeal the right to marry. And plus wifey is covered under my health insurance, and I get the choice if something happens to her instead of my now mother-in-law

On a side note, what are the opinions on this? It's a little more on the political side of things, which I'm not really into, but I just like how there's a timeline to see the progress that's been made in the past four years. Even if it is just to get votes. Though I wish some of it wasn't even necessary. (Clarifying "family" to include LGBT relationships? Really?)

Shining Raichu

Years
I think it shows that the Obama Government has done more than any previous American government has bothered to; and I think that means that any progressive American worth their salt needs to vote for him so that he can continue his work for the next four years.

The one thing I wish they hadn't put in there is that they recorded an "It Gets Better" video. It's fantastic that they did that, but to put it in a campaign package like that to get re-elected makes the video they recorded seem incredibly insincere.

Also,

Kiyoshi the Polar Bear said:
Well you have to admit, a lot of gays/lesbians are a bit more easy to bed, if you know what I mean.

Mind-bendingly cryptic though your euphemism was, I think we all know what you mean :P

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
True, Obama has done quite a lot to gain LGBT support. Let's see if I can pull out any of the images online about it.

obama-good-on-gay-penis.png

Ta-da!

aa-primo-obama_lgbt_ad_2.jpg

This too. :3

Back