• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
>>To Brawl: Awesome dude!!! You got your Bulbasaur!!! Congratulations!!!

>>To TwilightBlade: Congratulations on your Nidoran (M)!!! I guess now you have three, right? ;D Also, to let you know, teh Biddof are my Archnemesis (always breaking my chains...)!! :O

>>To Star Striken: Congratulations on the Porygon!!

>>To Dark Steelix Lv X: Congratulations on the Skarmory!! Also, good luck on all those!!

One more thing, welcome to all new & old members alike!!!

*Current chain: Snorunt, 19*
*Edit: Ended at 45... But at least I got one!!*

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Runasutaru: Hey and welcome back to the club. I never knew you.. But I hope you decide on what to hunt for next and get back in the loop. 8D

Star Striken: Nice job on Porygon and the patch remains quiet if you're too close to an edge or object and a shaking patch doesn't land on the spaces around you, thus making your chain end. So as long as you have some good space to play in, it shouldn't break like that.

Dark Steelix Lv X: Congrats on Skarm. ^^ Hope you get well soon (I've been sorta sick too) and good luck on your hunts.

Shadow Chaos: Thanks and yeah, your Nidoran has some new friends to play with now. ^_^ I seem to collect my friend's shinies a lot lol. Can't get enough of them on my own.. XD Good luck on Snorunt.

Umm, I'm hunting either Banette/Ariados next or anything else blue that catches my eyes. But but but my DS got taken away from me so.. *flees onto Emerald to procrastinate more from homework*

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
Oh crap, I didn't see Brawl's post! Way to go, man! You've been going for bulbasaur since before I even had an account here, have you not? That must be an amazing feeling, good for you!

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thank you for all the congratulations, everyone.

Welcome back, Runasutaru! I've read your past posts as well, and like VenomX, there's nothing more exciting than old shiny hunter returning to the club (well, I'll admit, getting a new shiny is a bit more exciting ;)).

Congratulations on your shiny Nidoran, TwilightBlade, and your shiny Porgyon, Star Striken. As for me, I am stuck in Cerulean losing to the Rocket Grunt over and over again for the Nugget Glitch. I'm actually starting to regret not catching a Caterpie in the beginning...good luck, everyone.

Oh, yes, and my next target on FR will be Eevee for about a month. If I don't get it by then, I will just move on to Lapras, the shiny I am most excited to hunt for. I would be soft resetting for Squirtle on LG, but my brother is using it all the time to chain for Vulpix currently, so I'm actually SRing for Piplup on Pearl.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
WOOOHOOO!!!

Its here as well!!! My female Snorunt is here!!! I caught her on the 43rd chain (which is still going)!! Anyways, without further ado, here are her stats:

Snorunt (F); Lv. 35; Caught in a Quick Ball.

Impish nature.
Nov. 24, 2007
Acuity Lakefront
Met at Lv. 35.

Highly curious.
Likes sour food.

HP: 81
Attack: 46
Defense: 45
Sp. Atk: 43
Sp. Def: 46
Speed: 40
Ability: Ice Body

Attacks: Headbutt, Protect, Ice Fang, Crunch.

I guess chaining while watching some of my favorite series (DBZ, Naruto, One Piece...) is really made of win!! I'll post if more appear or on which number the chain breaks (whichever comes first)!!!

TwilightBlade

Years
Hey hey, congrats on the Snorunt, Shadow Chaos. Good thing it's a girl but the nature is kinda bad.. But congrats again. ^__^

My friend requested for me to hunt him some shinies so I'll try to fit that in on my next holiday.. Tomorrow, um a buttload of homework and maybe I can sneak a quick chain on something. But I doubt I'll get my DS back. Good luck to all you guys. ;P

What could I do for your Snorunt oo. *shot and stabbed*

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Crap, I accidently went to the stupid wrong patch of grass (which I guess would be the negative of chaining while watching TV & reading Manga at the same time)... I would've loved to get at least one more (twins, like TwilightBlade), but I'm not that lucky...

Oh well, my latest productive chain ended at 45...

Thanks, TwilightBlade!!! :D I was freaking out if whether or not it was gonna be a girl (I love my Wigglytuff's Cute Charm Ability!!), but it came out well enough though! Also, I've never been good at getting an awesome nature on any of my Shinies... I remember all the homework I used to get... Sucked! X0 Study hard though, and good luck on your sneaked chain, if you get your DS back!! ;D

Good luck to everyone else as well!! Till the next one!!

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
Congradulations on the snorunt, shadow chaos! And thanks for that bit of info about staying away from corners, TwilightBlade, now that I think about it, I was always on the edge of the grass when I got that message. Last night I got up to 48 on an absol chain again, but this time my chain didn't break!... that is until the BATTERY RAN OUT >8(! I am disturbed by the huge lack of breaks that my luck will allow me to have. I left my charger at my grandma's house in the country you see, so I couldn't plug it in.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 3, 2008
COME ON!!!

yes! After two hours of chaining Ralts... I got a shiny with a quick ball.

impish nature

male

so happy!

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Alright as promised here's my post from SPPf from when I got skarmory:

Yesterday I spent the day chaining something in celebrance of Thanksgiving day (American one anyways :p) I got several chains that broke at 20ish and was getting frustrated. Finally made a good chain and on chain #36 the shiny patch appeared. Been so long since I've seen it. So cool looking. Went in:
DVC00294.jpg

WILD SHINY METAL TURKEY HAD APPEARED!!

yeah my secret target was Skarmory. Lol it was pretty hard to catch actually. It knocked out my lv 52 Bibarel after super fanging it 4 times. I tried to catch it in a Nest ball but it kept getting out. chucked 8 and no luck. Then I chucked an Ultra ball and it was caught! Shiny #48 Nicknamed it "Talon" Heh I made it all the way to 40 chain and spent another 30 Max Repels but no other shiny patch. Then I messed up and accidently ran over the ledge on the bottom. To get back up to the grass patches I have to take the Bike bridge all the way down thus ending my chain :( Anyways pics:
Shining Index!
Cold (steel) Turkey
One of the worst natures for Skarmory, Hurray...
Stats,,,going to check IVs now...

Lol According to Serebii's IV calculator these are its IVs:
HP 24
Att 17
Def 20
SpA 17
SpD 30 o_O
Spd 28 -__-'

Wow lol near perfect Sp Def and really great Speed, ironic because of the -Spd nature x__x Plus its other IVs are decent too. Shame its Quiet arrgh.

Anyways congrats to everyone who got a shiny recently too. I SR for 6 hours yesterday in search of Uxie but no luck. Also hunted treecko and bulbasuar but my starter curse again gave me nothing. Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
It's blue instead of red and it's body is gray. I've only chained in that area once before and it took awhile, but I ended up with 3 shiny Zangoose (one's with a friend of mine and another I traded away).

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, guys, I'm almost at Celadon City. Once I get there, I will soft reset for shiny for a month. If I don't get it within that time frame, I will come back to it later and play through until I reach Lapras. This is gonna be fun...hopefully, I'll get a shiny Eevee quickly like I did with my FR. ;)

On LG, I'm still resetting for Squirtle, as usual. I didn't get much resetting done today, though I got a new ID number.

As for Diamond and Pearl, I'm SRing for Cranidos and Turtwig now.

Good luck, everyone!

TwilightBlade

Years
Shadow Chaos: Aww sorry to hear that your chain ended quick but hey, at least you got something. You're welcome. ^^ Lol yeah I got my DS back an hour ago but I haven't had time to chain.. Doing homework and watching a movie and goofing off aha. But I was really waiting for the night since my next target only appears then.. What fun. Thanks for the luck but I won't have time since I procrastinated on a school project too. D;

Star Striken: No problem and you could call me Angel if you want or save that for your Crobat lol. ;P Either way, TwilightBlade seems too professional lol. Sorry about the absol chain.. I leave my DS charged all the time while training since I'm so scared of that happening.

Dark Steelix Lv X: Congrats on the green turkey. Bleh I wouldn't want to eat that.. XD Lol well good luck to you on your hunts and thanks. Lovely pics.

Brawl: Hmm I was gonna go for Lapras but meh, my game fails. Anyways, good luck on anything you set your eyes on.

As for me umm... Time to hit da books. Wish I could play pokemon on the bus but we'd all know what would happen then.. :B

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I've changed my mind.

I simply don't have the motivation to soft reset for another Eevee right now. I keep on thinking about soft resetting for a shiny Lapras, and my mind wanders...so I'm trying to play through as far as possible tonight so that I may reset for Lapras later.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2008
Guys I wanted to inform everyone that...after my brother got to my game, I lost my beloved Shiny Milotic :( But...

Just today, I found my first shiny since then. MEOWTTHHH!!!!! :D I'm keeping him as a Meowth simply because, Persian (shiny) is not as cool as the pink-pawed Meowth ;)

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
Good luck on Lapras then, Brawl. TwilightBlade, if you're serious, I'd much rather refer to you as Angel. It's easier to write :3. Besides, my shiny Crobat's FULL name (as it is named on my game) is Dark Angel. Anyways, since it's the end of thanksgiving break, I'm most likely going to get my PC and DS taken again, so until you guys hear from me again... no nooz.

EDIT: I'm so sorry for your loss, Matty101, that's exactly how I lost my first shiny after G/S/C (it was an Azumarill in sapphire). Congrats on your new one, though! You're right, shiny Meowth is much better than shiny Persian.

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

Years
Brawl: I personally wouldn't go after Eevee since Lapras is a rarer shiny nowadays. Either way, good luck on whatever you decide on lol.

Matty101: Wow, very sorry to hear about your shiny Milotic.. ;.; I keep copies of my rare shinies on other games but that really sucks if a sibling gets hold of your game. But congrats on the lovely Meowth.

Star Striken: Yeah sure, everyone usually calls me Angel and when I joined here that was sorta used up so this long bleh name stuck lol. Well I think that nickname is really cute for a shiny Crobat. Too bad about your stuff getting taken away.. I'm close to that too. XD

Star Striken

President KFC
Years
Heh, thanks! It actually took me almost an hour to come up with that name XP. As for my stuff getting taken away, as you can see, I get the occasional break from my grounding. I just hope I can bring my grades back up so I can end this stupid punishment. Won't be easy though, alot of my teachers are crazy in unreal ways. My art teacher hates me and I seriously think it's because my friends like my drawings and such better than her's! She's a nut, I can tell you that much :P.

Back