• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serena

JoshTheTrainer

Glaceon Lover ~
Years
Just have to make a joke:

What do you think her goal will be by the end of the XY series?

Marrying Ash! xD

Anyways, I think that she's okay but I think Ash had better friends (Misty and May) though she's better than Dawn in my opinion (in some ways). But Serena itself is completely different than Misty and May. For example, both Misty and May didn't start off good with Ash but Serena did (can't remember Dawn tbh). Some things I like about her and some things not. But haven't watched loads of it so I'll see...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm wondering if the new Outfit will make Serena look cuter ! Specially since it seem her new skirt is longer then the current one .
Honestly , I would prefer if Serena wear something both Feminine and Tomboyish.
Such as this--

Spoiler:

As for Short hair , I think it might work out if She replace her Sideswpet with Bangs .
There are a lot of short hair girl prettier then girls with longer hair . For Example , May.
Then there is---

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I'm not fond of her, but it's more because I simply cannot relate to her. I could see why people think that she's the most realistic female sidekick we've had so far, but I just found things like her crush on Ash and her uncertainty on where she wants to be in life to be annoying. Still, she is a great character for other people who can relate to her personality and issues. Kind of wished she had more Pokémon too, but we'll see.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Speaking of Ash's crush, what is the verdict with the airing of the most recent episode (XY059 HAS aired, right?)?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I'm not fond of her, but it's more because I simply cannot relate to her. I could see why people think that she's the most realistic female sidekick we've had so far, but I just found things like her crush on Ash and her uncertainty on where she wants to be in life to be annoying. Still, she is a great character for other people who can relate to her personality and issues. Kind of wished she had more Pokémon too, but we'll see.

Serena timid personality still could have work out but Writer has to adjust other character for that.
Because Serena Slightly similar to this girl--

stephanie_dola_56835.jpg

Stephanie Dola

Anyone Who watched ''No Game No Life'' should know and love this girl
The problem is , This girl is surrounded by irrational Character who does bizarre thing and loves to mess with her.
So When A Rational Character surrounded by Irrational characters with no Common sense , Her character can shine as a ''Straight-man'' of the Show.

But In Serena case , Ash , Clemont and all other character act like the most Gentle and Rational people in the world .
They hardly does anything Funny or Bizarre to shock Serena and throw a tantrum.
Because of this , Serena character character is Extremely BORING despite having identical personality as Stephanie Dole (No game No Life) or Black Rabbit (Mondajij-tachi)
Even if They does something Funny & Bizarre , Serena tend to ignore it .
Its As if Serena trying to maintain A ''Status Que'' Rather then being Open mined like other main girl !
The only reason Serena getting attention because She's the only main girl with Canonize Crush on Ash.

PS : Being Irrational does not mean being Stupid ! A lot of Popular Protagonist are Irrational and Bizarre .
Example : L (Death Note) , Goku (Dragonball Z) , Luffty (One Piece) , Sora (No game No Life).

Speaking of Ash's crush, what is the verdict with the airing of the most recent episode (XY059 HAS aired, right?)?

Ash had a Crush on Only One girl and Her name was Giselle !
Its Prove that the Original Ash did get attracted to Beautiful girl unlike The new Ash.
I like that Version .
I rather see Ash crushing on a Girl and trying to impress her instate of that girl trying to impress him.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Serena timid personality still could have work out but Writer has to adjust other character for that.
Because Serena Slightly similar to this girl--

stephanie_dola_56835.jpg

Stephanie Dola

Anyone Who watched ''No Game No Life'' should know and love this girl
The problem is , This girl is surrounded by irrational Character who does bizarre thing and loves to mess with her.
So When A Rational Character surrounded by Irrational characters with no Common sense , Her character can shine as a ''Straight-man'' of the Show.

But In Serena case , Ash , Clemont and all other character act like the most Gentle and Rational people in the world .
They hardly does anything Funny or Bizarre to shock Serena and throw a tantrum.
Because of this , Serena character character is Extremely BORING despite having identical personality as Stephanie Dole (No game No Life) or Black Rabbit (Mondajij-tachi)
Even if They does something Funny & Bizarre , Serena tend to ignore it .
Its As if Serena trying to maintain A ''Status Que'' Rather then being Open mined like other main girl !
The only reason Serena getting attention because She's the only main girl with Canonize Crush on Ash.

PS : Being Irrational does not mean being Stupid ! A lot of Popular Protagonist are Irrational and Bizarre .
Example : L (Death Note) , Goku (Dragonball Z) , Luffty (One Piece) , Sora (No game No Life).

Ash had a Crush on Only One girl and Her name was Giselle !
Its Prove that the Original Ash did get attracted to Beautiful girl unlike The new Ash.
I like that Version .
I rather see Ash crushing on a Girl and trying to impress her instate of that girl trying to impress him.

So... I take it that you are saying "no," then, that the recent episode DOESN'T have Ash reciprocating Serena's feelings at the very least, maybe not even going on an actual date? Figured as much. If they were willing to give false hype regarding a character risking her life or lie in the previews about Orangeshipping being canon in a Hoso about Luvdisc, they most certainly can lie about whether they go on a date in the actual title. Still, nice that it's actually confirmed that they aren't a couple.

While I'm not a Pokeshipper in any way (why should I even bother shipping characters who haven't even falling for each other at first sight, and besides which, are 10 years old and thus not old enough to even desire to mate?), I must admit that Pokeshipping being canon is more likely than Amourshipping, if only because there were episodes where both Ash and Misty actually were implied to have feelings for each other, including what some might argue to be jealousy, while with Amourshipping, it's literally one-sided, and Ash isn't the one having one-side feelings.

And yeah, it's actually pointless to give Serena a one-sided crush if Ash isn't even going to reciprocate it in return, so that character trait needs to go. At least now, if what you're implying is indeed the case, that should close Amourshipping for good (unless she's like Harley Quinn or Gaston and not taking the hint). And by "close", I mean it confirms they aren't going into a relationship at all.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
So... I take it that you are saying "no," then, that the recent episode DOESN'T have Ash reciprocating Serena's feelings at the very least, maybe not even going on an actual date? Figured as much. If they were willing to give false hype regarding a character risking her life or lie in the previews about Orangeshipping being canon in a Hoso about Luvdisc, they most certainly can lie about whether they go on a date in the actual title. Still, nice that it's actually confirmed that they aren't a couple.

While I'm not a Pokeshipper in any way (why should I even bother shipping characters who haven't even falling for each other at first sight, and besides which, are 10 years old and thus not old enough to even desire to mate?), I must admit that Pokeshipping being canon is more likely than Amourshipping, if only because there were episodes where both Ash and Misty actually were implied to have feelings for each other, including what some might argue to be jealousy, while with Amourshipping, it's literally one-sided, and Ash isn't the one having one-side feelings.

And yeah, it's actually pointless to give Serena a one-sided crush if Ash isn't even going to reciprocate it in return, so that character trait needs to go. At least now, if what you're implying is indeed the case, that should close Amourshipping for good (unless she's like Harley Quinn or Gaston and not taking the hint). And by "close", I mean it confirms they aren't going into a relationship at all.

I just read 3 translated chapter of PokeSpe XY and I say it again---
Y is 1000 time better then Serena !!!
May be , We should discuss Y's character to see what Serena is missing
Let see--

--- Y has more Determined look on her face ! Its like She's ready to take on the world anytime.

--- Y is drawn much better then Serena ! Y has cutter Eyelash and Her Bang is more rounder unlike Serena.

Spoiler:

--- Y act as a X's caretaker While Serena act like Ash's puppy .

--- Y is very aggressive ! Its like the Sassy Serena from XY001 quit Anime and Join Manga instate while her timid Twin sister took over.

--- Y is very Open-minded and ready to clash with anyone including her friend ! While Serena seem to hesitate.

--- Y is both Tomboyish and Feminine ! Serena is just too girly .

--- Y is just as hot tempered as Original Misty (PokeSpe).

--- Y act like a Real Leader ! Specially when X was in no condition to lead.

--- Y's outfit is better then Serena ! As You can see , Y's black collar cover her collarbone But Serena's Collarbone is open. Plus , Y is bustier then Serena Since she is 15 year old. So Y look cutter with her outfit.

--- Y is tough on X ! And X is ready to clash with her . However ,It seem impossible for Serena to be tough on Ash while Ash seem too gentle toward her.

Also , Y character & Personality fit the story ! Since X was a Shut-in and refuge to go outside , A Hothead girl like Y had a better chemistry with him.
But Serena's Personality doesn't suit the Anime.
The Anime need A Bulma (Dragonball) to travel with Ash , Not a Hinata (Naruto) ! Remember , Sakura was the main girl despite Hinata being the heroin.

Anyway , I wonder if its possible for Ash & Serena to be like Ash & Dawn !!!

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I just read 3 translated chapter of PokeSpe XY and I say it again---
Y is 1000 time better then Serena !!!
May be , We should discuss Y's character to see what Serena is missing
Let see--

--- Y has more Determined look on her face ! Its like She's ready to take on the world anytime.

--- Y is drawn much better then Serena ! Y has cutter Eyelash and Her Bang is more rounder unlike Serena.

Spoiler:

--- Y act as a X's caretaker While Serena act like Ash's puppy .

--- Y is very aggressive ! Its like the Sassy Serena from XY001 quit Anime and Join Manga instate while her timid Twin sister took over.

--- Y is very Open-minded and ready to clash with anyone including her friend ! While Serena seem to hesitate.

--- Y is both Tomboyish and Feminine ! Serena is just too girly .

--- Y is just as hot tempered as Original Misty (PokeSpe).

--- Y act like a Real Leader ! Specially when X was in no condition to lead.

--- Y's outfit is better then Serena ! As You can see , Y's black collar cover her collarbone But Serena's Collarbone is open. Plus , Y is bustier then Serena Since she is 15 year old. So Y look cutter with her outfit.

--- Y is tough on X ! And X is ready to clash with her . However ,It seem impossible for Serena to be tough on Ash while Ash seem too gentle toward her.

Also , Y character & Personality fit the story ! Since X was a Shut-in and refuge to go outside , A Hothead girl like Y had a better chemistry with him.
But Serena's Personality doesn't suit the Anime.
The Anime need A Bulma (Dragonball) to travel with Ash , Not a Hinata (Naruto) ! Remember , Sakura was the main girl despite Hinata being the heroin.

Anyway , I wonder if its possible for Ash & Serena to be like Ash & Dawn !!!
Well why some of theses would be good to see, i actually,like her as is. And let's be real, hinata saved naruto and did more then sakura in the end.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Well why some of theses would be good to see, i actually,like her as is. And let's be real, hinata saved naruto and did more then sakura in the end.

But Sakura join Naruto in more Adventure and fight then Hinata . She was even present at the final battle .
So you see , Hinata may be the heroin But Sakura was the Traveling companion and main girl character.
After all , Their is No rule saying the Main girl has to be the heroin ! (Goku's wife Chichi also wasn't the main girl)

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
But Sakura join Naruto in more Adventure and fight then Hinata . She was even present at the final battle .
So you see , Hinata may be the heroin But Sakura was the Traveling companion and main girl character.
After all , Their is No rule saying the Main girl has to be the heroin ! (Goku's wife Chichi also wasn't the main girl)
I know she was main girl but feel she was more a healer even though she can fight

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2017
I think serena's current charackter is okay.
But it were better when serena has the charackter of mirror serena from ep 37 XY or the Serena from Pokemon Adventure. :D
The only problem is that she is too passive...
I hope she become more debut in the future episodes of anime. ^^

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
May be , Serena should use her charm like this--

tumblr_nj9r0hFXWr1u9lnruo1_540.gif

Just imagine , A new rival appear who is followed by 2 lackey.
He seem to get bother by Couple because he wants a girlfriend himself .
He tries to kick a can but he miss and fall .
Serena happen to be passing by ! She help him to get up and put a bandage on his leg .
Then does the pose in the Gif and leave !
Seeing such beautiful and Caring girl , The Rival fall for her .
But When he see her with Ash then he declare Ash as his Rival in Love (Although Ash has no idea and think of him as an ordinary annoying rival)
That Rival also have a habit of Fantasizing/Daydreaming Where he's the hero , Serena is the heroin while Ash & Clemont are the Villain .

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Just when I thought the anime producers were going on the right direction with Serena, they managed to screw it up completely. I'll just link my thoughts about this change of status quo here because I'm too lazy to write it out again for this thread.

Now I'm really not going to be enjoying future episodes of XY onwards with her around; I haven't had this much depression on the anime since Dawn's departure. Now I know how Chris Chan feels about Sonic's arms.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I wonder if Serena will become as cool , confident , determinate and Sassy as Y !
After all , Y also demonstrate a passive and soft side to herself along with her determinate self -
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I love Serena, she's as good as Dawn or even better imo. I just find that I have so many things in common with her and she is so relatable that it feels like she's an animated version of myself haha. I love how her character is being handled as well.

Cute pic. She does seem to be the same as of right now, maybe even a little more determined and confident? She also seems really excited in the poster for movie 18 as well, I wonder why that is :D

Nah , Dawn is superior ! Serena's just ''Too Sweet'' So She need more ''Spice'' .
Now This is how I would have handle Serena---

--- Serena will be a scholar studying Under Prof Sycamore and already chosen Fennekin as her partner .

--- She learned a lot about Pokemon So she now want to go on a Journey to have real experience

--- She meet Ash on the lad and instantly remember him as her trouble-making childhood friend from Kento.

--- It will turn out Ash & Serena knew each other as children.

--- Serena recall all the trouble Ash cause at Prof Oak lad which cause them to argue .

--- Later , The ''Garchamp Incident'' take place.

--- However , Serena get angry at Ash for doing something so dangerous ! She then has a Brief flashback of Ash helping her and She say ''You really haven't changed , Have you !''

--- After Froakie is captured , She announce that she will join Ash as his Guide Since Ash always get himself in trouble ! It caused Ash to argue with her as they left.

--- Later When Ash loses to Viola , Serena encourage Ash by taunting him (same as Misty)

--- After the Gym-battle , Serena tried to teach Ash Rhyhorn racing and end up arguing again.

--- Bonnie ask about Ash & Serena first meeting ! Ash doesn't have Clear memory which cause Serena to get a little angry .

--- She then reveal she met Ash when her mother move to pallet Town and She got lost in a forest .

--- Then We see the Same flashback of Younger Ash helping Younger Serena.

--- Serena bake cookies for Ash for putting an effort in Rhyhorn racing But she also mock him for losing .

---A Brief Flashback Where A Younger Ash declare he will become a Pokemon Master .

---Younger Serena said its impossible causing Ash to argue with her .

---Then The Younger Serena say ''If You ever become A Pokemon Master then I will be your Bride ! But it won't happen because its impossible

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
She is wayyy to passive.. She could be such a more dynamic character in the series.

Years
Anyone remember that scene where Serena just slid over towards ash when they took a picture?

tumblr_n6pwexaENp1rjenv2o1_500.gif

Right there, I knew that the activity going on was confirmed.

Right there, I knew that the activity going on was confirmed.

Her magic sliding powers were put to the test that day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The guy who redesigned Serena tweet that he took other people Opinion !
But after watching Couple of Episode , I don't think Serena look as Cute as before in that Outfit !
May be , That guy took Other Girls opinion instate of Boys ! That why The Outfit doesn't make Serena cutter .
Also , Serena just needed to switch her Sideswept with Bang to be cutter ! She really didn't need to Cut her Hair.
I guess The Animator gone Overbore with Serena.
I think, Serena need an Outfit that make her look like a ''School Idol'' Or ''Class Queen'' .
Also , Serena act ''Too Dependent'' on other ! She seem to depend on everyone including Bonnie ! I still haven't feel any ''Self-independent'' vibe from Serena.

If I was in charge of Serena redesign then she would look like this with her Current Bang--

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jul 5, 2017
from what i've seen of serena so far, she seems pretty cute. not my favorite pokégirl but she's a nice female companion. her new look is amazing though; dat short hair. <33

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Let me show you guys some other pic that will reveal Serena's real weakness.
Here is a girl name Rinne Inada (Chousoku Henkei Gyrozetter)
Spoiler:

Just like Serena , This girl hold one-side feeling toward the MC who has identical personality as Ash.
But Serena's feeling isn't as cute as her.
Because she doesn't act like a Fangirl toward the MC while the MC doesn't try to act like a Gentleman toward her.

She would psychically assault the Protagonist if she's angry--
Spoiler:

She would show her jealousy--
Spoiler:

And would get aggressive over him--
Spoiler:

Just like I said , Ash & Serena are just ''Too Sweet'' which make them boring! Their relationship need Spice .
Pokemon isn't a Doki Doki Shoujo Anime So Current Amourshipping won't work for Kids.
You see , Kids prefer more Spicy relationship! Specially between the MC and Female companion
Like Ash X Misty , Goku X Bulma , Amu X Ikuto
If Serena wasn't a cast character then her Current personality would have been fine But she's now Ash traveling companion which require her to have different relationship
Unless , The heroin is some sort of idol that Hero want to impress.
Actually , The entire XY group relationship is Too Sweet ! That why Pokemon XY series lack good humor and the XY group is boring.

Last edited:
Back