• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2013
This seems awesome!
just one question though
is there an estimate as to when the hack will be completed? or rather, an estimate of how much of the game has already been comleted?
thanks and keep up the good work

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 16, 2014
This seems awesome!
just one question though
is there an estimate as to when the hack will be completed? or rather, an estimate of how much of the game has already been comleted?
thanks and keep up the good work

The creator (or at least one of them) has taken a brief hiatus from this hack. It's longer than most completed ones though. Both Kanto and Johto are complete, and about half of the Orange Islands is done.

I downloaded this ROM and start playing as usual.

I'm now at Mahogany, Lance is rotting in the Rocker Cave but I decided to take a little detour to catch Entei.

I triggered the event at the Burned Tower and I even saw Suicune in Cianwood, but after 1~2 hours travelling between route 30/31 and 36/37 I haven't been able to find either of them, and I'm getting a little desperate. Is it a bug, am I just terribly unlucky or was it a patching problem? If it helps I'm playing on Android using the "GameBoid" emulator.

Also, on an unrelated sidenote, everytime I tried to give Onix TMs/HMs the game would force reset itself. The issue dissapeared when he evolved, though

I'm playing on VBA but I've encountered Entei. Keep looking.

A few other people have complained about Onix. My theory?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
I'm using a Macbook Pro and I can't download the required emulator. This box pops up saying to retry, and there is some text in the box that says "silent". I need help

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
The creator (or at least one of them) has taken a brief hiatus from this hack. It's longer than most completed ones though. Both Kanto and Johto are complete, and about half of the Orange Islands is done.

I'm playing on VBA but I've encountered Entei. Keep looking.

A few other people have complained about Onix. My theory?

Spoiler:

I went to look for Entei but for some reason my savefile dissapeared and I lost my progression. I'm pretty mad right now, but I started over and I'm already at Azalea. No mistakes this time, I'm going to get an underleveled Golbat from the Slowpoke Well. I'm not going throught the hell of training a Zubat again

EDIT: I redownlaod the ISP file as well as a new ROm when I restarted and now I can't find any wild pokemon in the F1 of the Union Cave. BF1 is fine, but in F1 (with all the trainers) I can't seem to find any pokémon, and the Old Rod gives me nothing too. I tried patching another ROM but no dice. This is troublesome, as I don't think Onix exists in BF1 and I want one

EDIT2: I found out that problem with Union Cave was due to another bug. Apparently not solving the Kabuto puzzle in the ruins fo Alph won't allow wild Pokemon on the F1 of the Union Cave. I solved the puzzle and the cave went back to normal. Still I think it's worth it to communicate this bug

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2013
I know I'm a year late on this, but does anyone know how I could possibly go about getting the 3.1 live beta?

I downloaded the official 3.1 release on my android back when it was first released but never played it much until a few weeks ago. After coming back on here, I figured out that the newest beta fixes the physical/special issue and various other bugs. Since the save files between the two betas are incompatible(I tested it), that means I would have to start over and I really don't want to. But after going through some of the comments in this thread, people have said that the live beta of 3.1 apparently fixed the physical/special issue, and other things. Can anyone confirm this? And provide me some type of working link? I really don't want to have to start all over. Thank you.

Fujiko

Devon Corporation Secretary
Years
I don't own Fire Red anymore but I would really like to try this. Is it possible for me to use my Leaf Green? I can't find Fire Red for sale anywhere anymore xD

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
Hi, Has anyone found Beldum in the Ice Cave yet?

I've been looking for about 2 hours :((((((

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2022
Its so difficult.All enemies' pokemon atleast 20 lvl higher than my the best.
And why always do they use hyperPotions/fullRestores? :@
I spent one master ball to catch 100lvl electabuzz lol

Fujiko

Devon Corporation Secretary
Years
You have to use FirRed and Firered ROM only as a base ROM for patching purposes. No other ROM is required.

But I don't own Fire Red anymore. Couldn't I get in trouble for downloading a rom file?

Malvoux

That Hacker DJ guy.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
But I don't own Fire Red anymore. Couldn't I get in trouble for downloading a rom file?

You technically can get in trouble for downloading a ROM.
It's piracy.
But, the chances of you actually being the one person to get in trouble are literally in the millions.
Millions of people have already downloaded this ROM.
Thousands as I write this reply.

I'm not going to condone piracy, but if you want to play Liquid Crystal you have to decide:

Either buy the equipment that will dump the game image to your computer legally from the cartridge (good luck finding one.)
Or pirate the game.

Obviously pirating the game is a lot simpler.
But I'd never pirate a game.
Not me, not never.
Ever.
das illegal mane

-__-'

Last edited:

Chronosplit

I play for keeps!
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2022
I'm using a Macbook Pro and I can't download the required emulator. This box pops up saying to retry, and there is some text in the box that says "silent". I need help

It's a windows EXE anyway. Get a precompiled OpenEmu, those exist.

Years
is it possible to catch all pokemons (including starters) in this version?
I don't remember about the Hoenn starters but the Johto and Kanto starters are available in LC

It is not about owning a ROM there are many websites where you can download a free FireRed ROM. Just Google them

Hi, Has anyone found Beldum in the Ice Cave yet?

I've been looking for about 2 hours :((((((
Who told you to look for a Beldum in Ice Cave. I thought only Ice types are there...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2022
I won Danny in Orange Islands,then came back home.Take a look:
19w408.jpg

When i press buy it gives me black screen.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 11, 2013
hi im currently playing 3.30000332 and i cant use dive i dont know why is it a bug??
pls help

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2021
I was so looking forward to get Articuno :( stupid pedestals. Is there any way to fix the bug by transfering the file or something? Also, I saved before placing the flutes in the pedestals, could that make any difference or is the bug permanenr and unvariable?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
Why is evn finding Entei/Raikou, pure suffering?

I've been between Route 38 and 39 for hours now and so far no trace of them

Back