• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition

I got a bug for you.. I exported Mays sprite out of Emerald, edited it, and re-indexed it in photoshop just to be sure.. I double checked even to make sure it was the right number of colors(16), but when I tried to import the edited sprite,s it told me it does not have a properly sized palette(16 colors).. Even though it obviously does. Whats wrong?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Overworld Editor - Rebirth Edition

I got a bug for you.. I exported Mays sprite out of Emerald, edited it, and re-indexed it in photoshop just to be sure.. I double checked even to make sure it was the right number of colors(16), but when I tried to import the edited sprite,s it told me it does not have a properly sized palette(16 colors).. Even though it obviously does. Whats wrong?

Hmm, the only thing I can think of is that you added an extra colour in part of the process. It should be fine if the palette is 16 colour because I've inserted palettes with it all the time.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2010
I love how the Trainer Editor edits items ^^

Not sure if this is only for me, but when I edit Custom Attacks, after I save it, it goes back to default. T_T

EDIT: Also, when I try to edit brawly, an error message comes up. All the other trainers are fine to edit. Maybe I need to get some certain missing files...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2010
I have a question...

I just downloaded the Overworld Editor Rebirth Edition from this thread, but I cannot export sprites.
Is there something special I should do to get this to work?

[edit] If it makes any difference, the ROM I'm using is FireRed.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
HackMew, I have an idea for XSE. I don't know if you have had this idea or not, but how about in XSE, when editing text strings a little checker thingy which tells you how much space you've got left to edit the string. Also a feaure to decompile a script as a text string would be a useful thing to add. :3

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
Years
HackMew, I have an idea for XSE. I don't know if you have had this idea or not, but how about in XSE, when editing text strings a little checker thingy which tells you how much space you've got left to edit the string. Also a feaure to decompile a script as a text string would be a useful thing to add. :3

I think that's what the Text Adjuster does. (Tools, Text Adjuster) You type it out normal the convert it then insert it and it says how much room there is before the next line and if a words goes over it takes that word to the next line. Cool hey? :)

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
wielll...
idk if vb provides the capabilitie...
but u could have XSE check to see if the user is currently typing a message
and if he/she is
then you could make that little tooltip thing that you have for
commands popup and it could display the amount of chaaracters left on a line (not including the new line characters...)
for checking for a message, i would just grab the current line, and look for an "=" sign...
just a suggestion.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
I think that's what the Text Adjuster does. (Tools, Text Adjuster) You type it out normal the convert it then insert it and it says how much room there is before the next line and if a words goes over it takes that word to the next line. Cool hey? :)

No, I mean where we know the size of the original text string (the text adjuster really doesn't do that.) :3

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah I agree with you :)
It'd be awesome for translators... that way we'd know how much can we expand the text string :)
Hope HM will do it .)

ace675

Game Tester/Beta Tester
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2012
Sweet thanks for the tools. Thanks so much again. Great job keep up the great work.

-Ace

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I noticed in one of your videos, HackMew, that you managed to change the cry of the Pokemon Prof. Birch sends out in the intro. Could you add that feature in the next version of SMCA? (Or tell me if it's possible with a hex editor, lol)

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
when i try to use a starter on my rom i can change the starters but when i play it ther still the same starters

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
yes i clicked on save but the new starters didn't show up and the readme didn't help at all

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
yes i clicked on save but the new starters didn't show up and the readme didn't help at all

Okay then, wtih XSE, decompile the Pokeball's script and edit the setvar 0x4002's value to the desired Pokemon's number in hex. The hex numbers can be found in stditems.rbh file in XSE.

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
Years
Omg, thank you for making all of these tools. I am in the middle of creating a new remake of ruby version, but i was using all of the original tools that i got way back when emerald came out. these look so sleek and run so smoothly.

Years
  • Seen Jun 22, 2012
ok how do i get to the pokeballs script? do i take the offset from advance map?

Back