• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Digimon: Operation Digipedia

Should I change the starter Digimon from Jyarimon, Puttimon, and Punimon?

• Yes, replace them respectively with Botamon, WhiteBotamon, and Nyokimon.

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • No, keep them how they are

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Dark digivolutions should only appear while the Dark side is powerful. When players defeat them, there won't be any Dark-volutions. but After the game, it came back again.
About the method of Darkvolutions, I'd like a Darkside Day-care, which is BlackAgumon. After taking back, your Digimon's happiness goes back to zero, and you can digivolve it into a Dark Digimon. :D
I agreed with you Epitaph. We should think about story branches later :)

Btw, should we change the nurse,shop keeper, day-care,.... by Digimons?

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
Happiness sounds like the best way to me, Epitaph. It would conflict though, mmm... might have to somehow make it so that happiness outweighs stats, or something along those lines.

I sense more ASM coming my way lol

I do not know if this is possible but maybe if it is a certain nature it will dark digivolve say for example if you catch a naughty nature agumon it will dark digivolve.

Hmm I like that but I'd have to research it a bit first.

Dark digivolutions should only appear while the Dark side is powerful. When players defeat them, there won't be any Dark-volutions. but After the game, it came back again.
About the method of Darkvolutions, I'd like a Darkside Day-care, which is BlackAgumon. After taking back, your Digimon's happiness goes back to zero, and you can digivolve it into a Dark Digimon. :D
I agreed with you Epitaph. We should think about story branches later :)

Btw, should we change the nurse,shop keeper, day-care,.... by Digimons?

A dark daycare sounds cool. And using digimon as shop keepers and stuff sounds good to me. We just need OWs.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Hey you guys, after renaming some attacks name, I found out that there are some unused moves and some Digimon moves that doesn't fit with any original moves. So I decided to make some moves (A really tough work :( ) like this:
Uberlasser.gif

Azab.gif

But I dunno how to insert these sprite to the rom, does anyone know, plz help me! :D

Epitaph93

Years
Hey you guys, after renaming some attacks name, I found out that there are some unused moves and some Digimon moves that doesn't fit with any original moves. So I decided to make some moves (A really tough work :( ) like this:
Uberlasser.gif

Azab.gif

But I dunno how to insert these sprite to the rom, does anyone know, plz help me! :D

The only way I know of is through unlz. The attack animation sprites are close to the end if I remember correctly. But I'm pretty sure it goes deeper than just replacing the sprites. We would have to edit the actual animations too, which can probably only be done through hex. I'll see what I can find. Meanwhile just make a list of moves that don't have good animations, don't insert them, and just continue with the ones that work. We'll come back to it later. If you run out of move names let me know.

Update: I've been working on stats and have a grand total of 49 done.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
While working on the Digidex, I find out that the Stats digivolving from Fresh -> In-training causes missing some Fresh Digimon. So I think that beside a hack Stats digivolve, we should also make a hack that can trade the fresh digimon in game, so that we can own the Digimon we want. For example, the starters will be Puttimon, Punimon and Botamon. But you want a Guilmon, you could find a TRADER in the starting town, who will offer you another lines of Botamon: Jyarimon or Chibomon. if you pick Punimon, he will offer Wanymon (sorry, I can't remember the name) and Gummymon...

Epitaph93

Years
While working on the Digidex, I find out that the Stats digivolving from Fresh -> In-training causes missing some Fresh Digimon. So I think that beside a hack Stats digivolve, we should also make a hack that can trade the fresh digimon in game, so that we can own the Digimon we want. For example, the starters will be Puttimon, Punimon and Botamon. But you want a Guilmon, you could find a TRADER in the starting town, who will offer you another lines of Botamon: Jyarimon or Chibomon. if you pick Punimon, he will offer Wanymon (sorry, I can't remember the name) and Gummymon...

I'm looking at Jyarimon's stats right now and it seems like the problem is his attack/defense ratio. There's a six point difference so he's more prone to the high attack digivolution. I'll change it to a 2 point difference then we'll see how that works. It all depends on EVs, which we haven't changed yet. Also Jyarimon is the only fresh form. Chibomon and Botamon were removed. The same goes with the other starters, their stats need to be changed.

Nemisis

Soul Eater
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
OK, so more letters in the banner :D
I'll remake the banner again later :)
Here you go, like I promise, the title for you 1st post :D
It is really difficult to find the suitable sprites :(
I'm not 100% satisfied with these, so please comment :D

About the story, OK, I'll make a new one. I can't stand playing a boring Digimon hack :D And when will your computer come back :(

woah............ dude your banners are so cool... been out for a while just checkin this great hack keep it up guys ^_^

Uberlasser.gif

Azab.gif

thats so epic ... haha keep it up guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Epitaph93

Years
Update: Stocko and DiamondBlueMoon are busy with school, so graphically we haven't made too much progress. Stocko has made a lot of sprites(mostly icons), DBM has been compiling data like moves and digilines into documents, along with making tiles and sprites. I've made a few OW sprites and just reached a milestone stat wise. Right now we have a grand total of 150 stats. Around 200 or so we'll start editing move lists. So, although I don't want to put a time stamp on this, I will edtimate that the first release will be posted in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll of course detail what this release will contain in a .txt file in the .zip with the patch. So keep a close eye on the project over the next month.

stocko

Toast Engineer
Years
Update: Stocko and DiamondBlueMoon are busy with school, so graphically we haven't made too much progress. Stocko has made a lot of sprites(mostly icons), DBM has been compiling data like moves and digilines into documents, along with making tiles and sprites. I've made a few OW sprites and just reached a milestone stat wise. Right now we have a grand total of 150 stats. Around 200 or so we'll start editing move lists. So, although I don't want to put a time stamp on this, I will edtimate that the first release will be posted in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll of course detail what this release will contain in a .txt file in the .zip with the patch. So keep a close eye on the project over the next month.

I'm back today actually! Was sick, so all I was doing was sleeping :P haha. Just so you all know, it's looking real good in the way of a digivolution beta release! Inserted a whole lot of stats today, the missing pieces are slowly being put in :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2012
This is actually so awesome.
I can't wait for the release date.
I'VE ALWAYS, wanted to play a digimon hack rom.
Also, maybe you can make sprites like Yoshis or Marcus' if they aren't there lol, or Thomas.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Well, my mom didn't let me have the computer back while the school is ranking the students :D Btw, yesterday, I added a few Digimon to the Digidex, but I recognized 1 thing: There are so many Digimon in the Digiworld! Much more than Pokemon. But in Pokemon FR, the Pokedex just only accepts 387 (386 + ?) datas. I've got 241 datas, and it's nearly 2/3 the Digidex. So if anyone could find a way to add new pokemon to the game, plz help us, if you wanna see a first full Digimon hack :D

And btw, where should we put the DNA - Digivolved digimons? after their main branch (Stingmon, Ankylomon, Aquillamon,...) or in the rest?

Epitaph93

Years
Well, my mom didn't let me have the computer back while the school is ranking the students :D Btw, yesterday, I added a few Digimon to the Digidex, but I recognized 1 thing: There are so many Digimon in the Digiworld! Much more than Pokemon. But in Pokemon FR, the Pokedex just only accepts 387 (386 + ?) datas. I've got 241 datas, and it's nearly 2/3 the Digidex. So if anyone could find a way to add new pokemon to the game, plz help us, if you wanna see a first full Digimon hack :D

And btw, where should we put the DNA - Digivolved digimons? after their main branch (Stingmon, Ankylomon, Aquillamon,...) or in the rest?

Well there is a R&D project going on where they're expanding the pokedex and a bunch of other things but I'm waiting on the final release before doing anything with it. I don't think we'll go over 350 because the digimon DS games have less than 356 digimon.

I guess between champion and ultimates.

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
@ Digidestined: what do you mean? the ability or the movements? We'll rename all the moves & abilities but not changing the effects yet

p/s: I'm going on vacation next week so I'm not going to online....

Digidestined123

Hacker in training
Years
@ Digidestined: what do you mean? the ability or the movements? We'll rename all the moves & abilities but not changing the effects yet

p/s: I'm going on vacation next week so I'm not going to online....

I mean Abilities themselves, you should add new ones, Like Agumon's special attack is raised if you have Gabumon in your party?

Epitaph93

Years
I'm Back!

I mean Abilities themselves, you should add new ones, Like Agumon's special attack is raised if you have Gabumon in your party?

I'm not sure how much progress has been made with ability hacking, but I'll give it a look somewhere down the line. For now, though, we'll just be using the normal abilities.

Update: Okay so I haven't been active for a while, but now I have a laptop and things are looking much better for the hack. I've had some real world issues happening over the last few months but things are starting to look up. I almost had to hand the project over to stocko for a little while until I got everything together, but now I'm back and the pressure's off stocko. Thanks bud ;)

I've fixed some digivolution problems and now I'll start on moves and restoring the Pallet Town events because right now they're looking sketchy. I guess once I get all fresh digimon-champion digimon's moves set up I'll release the first beta. "Stay tuned for more digimon: digital monsters" ;)

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
glad every thing is ok & you got a laptop. Update is good. it seems like pallet town will be great

DiamondBlueMoon

The powerful Tyranitar
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 1, 2017
Thanks Godness, you've got a laptop, Epi :D I've just came back from vacation :) stocko seems to be sick because of his earache. Anyways, should I continue with the digidex or the gym tiles? Cause stocko had some problems entering them into the hack :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back