• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: PC Fastfood Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
Ads? I don't see them at all, but that's probably because I have adblocker, it just makes the internet less... flashy?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Haven't seen ads since I signed up here. So like...I always think of PC runs without ads but they do then again I have adblock on soooo... xD

I've had ads as close as locally-advertised businesses. It's kinda scary from time to time.

also

MIln9HX.gif

that was EXACTLY how I pronounce it...and I thought I was doing it wrong. Thanks, TF for the clarification <3

droomph

weeb
Years
/'mʥr/

I only see ads when I'm on my mobile devices, but I usually ignore them because they make no sense anyways "TRY OUR FREE TRIAL OMG" (what are they selling?!?!)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I will forever pronounce it "im-jer."

Currently still use photobucket, but that's because I'm too lazy to switch everything I have on my photobucket account to an imgur account. But yes, photobucket has a monthly bandwidth limit (unless you want to give them money) and TinyPic is also bad because it deletes image urls after a while, and going back to reading something with TinyPic pictures gets hilarious and confusing.

As for ads, I don't see any here, but I use Adblock and have no good reason why I use it here other than I keep forgetting to disable it on PC. See them here when I'm on my tablet, but I don't pay any attention to what they're advertising. Adblock is a great tool when browsing the Internet, especially when ads either use autoplay noises (hearing "YOU WON A FREE IPAD!" screamed in your ear) or a lot of flashing that could make people have seizures.

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't get companies that think it's worth it to have a feature that causes so much trouble to the customers for a not-worth-it gain in capacity.

I mean, I would be more than willing to pay for the difference if it means I don't have to go through the trouble.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Ads are plain annoying, I dont really like seeing them on sites and have pop ups blocked. I don't really want to see people's scams thank you very much :l

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
I started using adblocker here when PC had a ad up asking people to download a adware infested piece of crapwaresoftware.

This was about 5 years ago though.

Sir Codin

Okay, so topic has been dead for a while, time for a new one:

Dream game: Pokemon with the free roaming, freedom of choice, and scope of Elder Scrolls and Fallout 1&2, with the writing quality of Planescape: Torment

Years
What do you mean by freedom of choice? Branching storylines and multiple endings? Or event sequences that affect each other (I guess effectively multiple endings)?

I don't know if I'd be happy with better writing quality. Simple and clean is how I like it already, I dunno if it would be the same if pokemon was too epik.

Sir Codin

Both. And allowing you to do what you want to solve problems, join different factions (or villainous teams).

And it doesn't even have to be a main game. I'd settle for it being a spin-off.

Years
I'd imagine freeroaming to get in the way of the levelling system? Like I suppose Borderlands is freeroaming, but the levels still constrain you to follow the storyline. Maybe it would be like being able to choose between the DP and Platinum storylines for Hearthome, Veilstone, and Pastoria (I had to search these up, 4th gen left the most shallow of impressions on me).

Sir Codin

Impossible. Incredibly, resolutely, and simply impossible.
Wouldn't hurt to try. I hear Obsidian almost succeeded with Mask Of The Betrayer. :)
Seriously, I would LOVE for Chris Avellone to lead development of a Pokemon game. That would just tickle me.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
It would certainly be stimulating and humorous, but I really doubt he'd even work on a Pokemon title. Maybe, I mean I don't know the guy personally, but all of his projects have involved pretty realistic and gritty worlds. Pokemon has never had any true realism or grit, to me, so it's even hard for me to envision a game in which it was suddenly given those things.

Obsidian as a whole though, working with Gamefreak? That is some alternate reality craziness!

Sir Codin

At the very least, he'd probably look at the setting and create some character that serves as a mouthpiece for everything about the setting that might irritate him, like he did with Kreia in KOTOR 2.

I don't know about Obsidian programmers working on a Pokemon game, though, it'd be too glitchy upon release and would require patches. Maybe their writing ability, but leave the gameplay programming to Gamefreak. Of course, I'm still hoping Obsidian turns around, I'm dying waiting for Project Eternity and South Park: The Stick Of Truth and I'm praying they don't screw them up.

Years
I struggle with Pokemon being in three dimensions. The 3d we have now has ridiculously few polygons and it upsets me as a game designer (although I'm sound so I don't know why it bothers me).
To make Pokemon into the kind of serious, mature thing that we're sort of discussing here would in my opinion remove all of it's current personality and leave it feeling like an entirely different thing. I mean you couldn't have Sigumori artwork Pokemon in this game, they'd be entirely redesigned into realistically terrifying monsters. Associating that with the nostalgia of todays Pokemon is difficult.

Fantastic game, but totally abrupt and slightly disturbing considering its roots.

droomph

weeb
Years
I struggle with Pokemon being in three dimensions. The 3d we have now has ridiculously few polygons and it upsets me as a game designer (although I'm sound so I don't know why it bothers me).
To make Pokemon into the kind of serious, mature thing that we're sort of discussing here would in my opinion remove all of it's current personality and leave it feeling like an entirely different thing. I mean you couldn't have Sigumori artwork Pokemon in this game, they'd be entirely redesigned into realistically terrifying monsters. Associating that with the nostalgia of todays Pokemon is difficult.

Fantastic game, but totally abrupt and slightly disturbing considering its roots.

I'm going to have to say, I've realized since then that if you look at something far away, it looks smooth.

For example, my face isn't smooth (at all), but when I look at it from about 5 feet away, it looks like a model's skin in terms of smoothness.

So I think that'll translate over to Pokémon. I don't think we're going to look at the skin up-close anyways…

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
they'd be entirely redesigned into realistically terrifying monsters
I like the idea of that, honestly. It would make battles a lot more interesting. {:

Speaking of- realistic battling would be cool, as well. More like in the anime, so that it would require more thinking than it does now. Maybe that's just me haha. But wouldn't that make it more fun? Combining moves and using tactics that seem obvious, but are impossible in the actual games.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Please, this is a kids game, don't forget. Monsters would probably bump the ESRB rating, and I doubt Nintendo would want that.

Realistic battles would be a dream come true, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back