• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2009
So, I'm hacking Ruby atm.
Is there any way to change where the character appears after coming out of the truck (in the beginning of the game)? And if so, how? Because I can't seem to find the script.

Years
  • Seen Aug 13, 2011
How do I make roaming pokemon scripts like Raikou/Entei/Suicune in FireRed or like Latios/Latias in Emerald?

or just like the Legendary Beasts in Shiny Gold made by Zel... please help me

Larsie13

Now the boxset 0x5 is wrong :S he say he don't know boxset
That's because the new XSE doesn't know boxset anymore. remove the boxset 0x5, and it should work.
So, I'm hacking Ruby atm.
Is there any way to change where the character appears after coming out of the truck (in the beginning of the game)? And if so, how? Because I can't seem to find the script.
Go to the INSIDE OF TRUCK, and decompile the green 'S' there (any one of them), and adjust the "setwarpplace" command (if you're using the newest XSE). Or just use SMCA (Start Map Chooser Advance), and it will let you choose where the player will end up after leaving the truck. It will also let you make a difference whether you're a boy or a girl.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
Okie, mokies! Is there a way in FR to start a timer (like in Trainer Tower) or to count steps? I need to make a berry growing script, but I need one of those. The Trainer Tower won't open in A-Map, btw. >.<

Dratii

Working on something new...
Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
I think there is a way using the S-zone script, not sure how but I think you can

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Yeah there is a couple of timers but i lost the offsets
Just check hackmew's script dumps

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I think there is a way using the S-zone script, not sure how but I think you can

What's an S-zone script?

And I have another question. How do you make it so that when you use a certain HM or move in a certain place, something happens to some tiles like in Ruin Valley? There's nothing that tells the script for the door in Ruin Valley, though.

Last edited:

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
What's an S-zone script?

And I have another question. How do you make it so that when you use a certain HM or move in a certain place, something happens to some tiles like in Ruin Valley? There's nothing that tells the script for the door in Ruin Valley, though.

I think Dratii means a safari zone script.

Hmm If you want something to happen to the tiles, why not try a setmaptile script?

Years
Hey, I have a problem.

I'm trying to make a script work once you enter a map. But when it's done it, it'll start doing it again, and again...

This is the script:
Spoiler:

For the Map Script options, I used these:
Spoiler:

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
Hey, I have a problem.

I'm trying to make a script work once you enter a map. But when it's done it, it'll start doing it again, and again...

This is the script:
Spoiler:

Can anyone help me out?
Thanks in advance.

I've corrected it, now works xd

You should instert a setvar at the end of the script that has the value you've set in A.Map +1, so:
if in A.Map you set var: 5000 value 0000 in the script you just insert setvar 0x5000 0x1

Years
I've corrected it, now works xd

You should instert a setvar at the end of the script that has the value you've set in A.Map +1, so:
if in A.Map you set var: 5000 value 0000 in the script you just insert setvar 0x5000 0x1

Hey, thanks. I already tried 0x1 before but then a message box popped up with all kinds of weird characters. I fixed it with help from the "move camera script", though.

Anyway, thanks again!

Hyunbin

w00t!~
Years
i'm trying to write a script that will make the player talk to a npc
first he'll walk over to the person and then i need a command that will be like an "a button" so it will start the next script that will have that npc talking to the player

the first problem i'm having is that the "trap" doesn't work
when i walk the player over to the spot nothing happens
this is my script:

Code:
#Dynamic 0x800BF8

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto @todesk
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @todesk
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE [i](3 left, 5 down, 3 left)[/i]

#org @end
release
end

Last edited:

Larsie13

i'm trying to write a script that will make the player talk to a npc
first he'll walk over to the person and then i need a command that will be like an "a button" so it will start the next script that will have that npc talking to the player

the first problem i'm having is that the "trap" doesn't work
when i walk the player over to the spot nothing happens
this is my script:

Spoiler:
Try this:
Spoiler:
And if that doesn't work, you might want to change the Var Number / Var Value from A-Map to 4050 / 0003 respectively.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Hyunbin-

Code:
#Dynamic 0x800BF8

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x0 goto @todesk
if 0x1 goto @end
end

#org @todesk
lock
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE (3 left, 5 down, 3 left)

#org @end
release
end
It actually works like this:
Code:
#Dynamic 0x800BF8

#org @start
checkflag 0x828
if 0x1 goto @end
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @end
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x12 0x12 0x12 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x10 0x12 0x12 0x12 0xFE

You may also want to set the flag.
And arrange the Var number, unknown etc.

Rombase: Pokemon Ruby
Comments: The sprite disappears before the script can occur.
Script:

Code:
dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
checkflag 0x250
if 0x1 goto @done
playsong 0x1A4 0x0
applymovement 0x01 @move
waitmovement 0x0
applymovement 0xFF @move2
waitmovement 0x0
msgbox @1 0x6
applymovement 0x01 @move3
waitmovement 0x0
fadesong 0x167
hidesprite 0x1
setflag 0x3D3
setflag 0x249
setflag 0x250
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x04 0x04 0x03 0x07 0x07 0x07 0x00 0x04 0x10 0x56 0xFE

#org @move2
#raw 0x56 0xFE

#org @1
= Hey kiddo! I didn't expect that\nyou'd wake up so quick! Sorry..\lbad joke.\lAnyways I went to visit Prof.\lAcacia and she told me that she'd\lbe delighted to meet you. Now hurry\lup. Dawn Town is right up ahead.\nSee ya later kid!

#org @move3
#raw 0x03 0x07 0x00 0x04 0x04 0x04 0x04 0x04 0x04 0x54 0xFE
help?

Last edited:

пзо

zzirRusty
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 2, 2010
Have you Set the person ID to 250. and I say to use
Msgbox @1 0x2
Because its lock and face player in one.

Any other clues as to whats wrong if that dont work.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Have you Set the person ID to 250. and I say to use
Msgbox @1 0x2
Because its lock and face player in one.

Any other clues as to whats wrong if that dont work.

Yes, but I set the person ID to 03D3, it still doesn't work. Thanks about the boxset idea though.
EDIT:
It worked XD

Last edited:

Popstar Leafeon

Rose's Protegé
Years
Help me please?

I'm having yet another problem hacking Fire Red... It's about Running Shoes. diegoisawesome helped me before, but it screwed up again, and now not even he can get it to work. For some reason, though, it works perfectly when he uses it. But when I use it, it fails. Will someone please help me find out what's wrong with this?

Spoiler:

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
I'm having yet another problem hacking Fire Red... It's about Running Shoes. diegoisawesome helped me before, but it screwed up again, and now not even he can get it to work. For some reason, though, it works perfectly when he uses it. But when I use it, it fails. Will someone please help me find out what's wrong with this?

Spoiler:
The script seems perfectly normal... what does not work?
Maybe you have alrerady used flag 0x82f in your rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back