• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Avatar: The Last Airbender Fan Club

Zet

Years
Finale spoilers
Spoiler:

So guys, in a few weeks it will be July 21st... Be sure to play this in honour of Mako.
[hd]t6a5OHvhQTs[/hd]

and here's a cover version of Leaves From The Vine if you want to listen to something beautiful
[hd]YTvWuK_cfDE[/hd]

Last edited:
Years
Damn you Zet, the first one almost made me cry. Iroh was truly one of (if not) the best character in the original series.
On a similar note, what did you guys think of the voice-acting, in both series? I thought the first series did a really good job especially with characters like Iroh, Azula, Zuko and Katara. Especially Azula, she was really scary.
In the second series I'd have to say I really enjoyed Tenzin, Lin and Korra. Each one was able to show different sides of themselves without it seeming cheesy or ridiculous. (in my opinion)

Of course, I'm in no way an expert haha. So what do you guys think?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Honestly I think they do a fantastic job on basically all the points in Korra, the voice actors do a superb job (most the time) and the animation is rather beautiful. Avatar has got to be the best American made animated series for sure.
I hope they keep up the quality in the next season :)

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Eek I saw the finale and I loved it. i love this series, I hope they don't cancel it, I can't wait for next season. C:

I saw somewhere that it would be called Book 2: Energy, do you guys think that's true?

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
The voice acting in ATLA was really great. I wouldn't say it was anything exceptional, as I've seen my fair share of animes with good voice acting, however compared to something like the Dragonball series, which apart from the constant screaming in every episode, had pretty ok voice acting, I'd say it's pretty decent.

As for Korra, I think it's sunken a bit. I still love the voice acting and all, however I don't feel like it's really the same as it was in ATLA, and a bit like some of the voice actors aren't as experienced. Like with Korra, even though I do love her voice, I don't feel like the voice actor does as good a job as I'd want her to. Perhaps that's just because there hasn't been any parts where they have really had a chance at showing how good they are, but I don't really know.

One thing that really irked me though, was when they put Zuko's voice on a character named Iroh, on someone born years later. I mean, it kinda makes sense since he's a descendant of Zuko, however I've just gotten used to someone named Iroh having that friendly old man voice, and just hearing Zuko's voice not coming from Zuko just doesn't really feel right :<

Eek I saw the finale and I loved it. i love this series, I hope they don't cancel it, I can't wait for next season. C:

I saw somewhere that it would be called Book 2: Energy, do you guys think that's true?
I don't think there's any chance that it'll be canceled with the very well deserved popularity it has had just over this one, short season.

About the title of the next season, I have no idea. Was the first season actually called something? Either way, since the "book" in the titles from ATLA was more to point out Aang's progress in mastering all the elements, I don't really think Energy would fit very well together with it. Though if it is true, it might give us a small hint on what the next season is about, though that's not really anything to go on :/

Really looking forward to the second season though :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
One thing that really irked me though, was when they put Zuko's voice on a character named Iroh, on someone born years later. I mean, it kinda makes sense since he's a descendant of Zuko, however I've just gotten used to someone named Iroh having that friendly old man voice, and just hearing Zuko's voice not coming from Zuko just doesn't really feel right :<

I think it's wrong to compared Korra to Anime, since Anime is a secondary voice over (and the Japanese voice over is normally more accurate to the character). Other than the irk with Zuko's voice I think the voicing was great though! Old Katara (no idea if it's the same person?), Korra and Asumi all had great voices imo.

About the title of the next season, I have no idea. Was the first season actually called something?

It was Book 1: Air this season, which made sense since she was learning air bending ><.

I guess, potentially, 'Metal' and 'Blood' are possibly book titles for Season 2.

.​

Sign me up please! I think Earth/Metal suits me quite well :3

Olli

Years

I think it's wrong to compared Korra to Anime, since Anime is a secondary voice over (and the Japanese voice over is normally more accurate to the character). Other than the irk with Zuko's voice I think the voicing was great though! Old Katara (no idea if it's the same person?), Korra and Asumi all had great voices imo.

Well, anime has basically become the term for any cartoon of that artstyle, so I don't really think whether the voiceover was originally Japanese means anything, even though anime originated from Japan. Though I can see what you're getting at.

It was Book 1: Air this season, which made sense since she was learning air bending ><.
Ah, ok. I was kinda suprised that they didn't title the seasons in Korra, however it appears they did then. I'd have to agree with you that the book would have to be titled with some kind of bending, though if that's the case, "Book 2: Energy" may very well be a fitting title for the next season, as there is something called energybending, and since it was mentioned a few times near the end of the first season. Though I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Well, we'll find out when it comes out. But since she mastered the four elements, maybe it's spirit that she should learn now?

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
Years
Join please. Loved the original series, love Korra omg omg love love love Korra herself klsdjfsldfjsf sweetheart you are so full of spunk omg

Username: Sakura Rain
Element: Earthbending

Watched the season one finale. My feelings

Spoiler:

LEGIT.

and slkfjslkfjs
Spoiler:
and slkfjsdfls
Spoiler:

and hearing Zuko's voice coming from anything is a plus in my book, tbh.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
The plot twist is that there IS no plot twist.

Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Well, we'll find out when it comes out. But since she mastered the four elements, maybe it's spirit that she should learn now?

Yeah I forget where I saw it but where it said Energy this is what I was thinking of, because
Spoiler:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Yeah I forget where I saw it but where it said Energy this is what I was thinking of, because
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
I can't believe I just found this thread today. Haha. This show is LEGIT. I've been waiting for a looong time since The Last Airbender ended, and LoK was the exact sequel I was looking for!

MY FEELS AT THE END OF THE SEASON FINALE. (LOTS OF SPOILERS. IF YOU DIDN'T WATCH THE SEASON FINALE, DON'T READ!)
Spoiler:

Username: Antitryptic™
Element: Firebending

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Oh snap, must join. :)

Username: Destiny Demon
Element: Water

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
Name Dudeman609

Element:Water
Favorite Character:Geez thats really hard if had to pick one in ATLA it would be Zuko
(sorry for no explanation of why i like them because 1.im on an ipad
2.i dont know how to put in spoiler tags)

Olli

Years
Welcome to the club, Dudeman. Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Anybody heard anything about the new season, or when it's supposed to hit the US? I imagine it would be kinda soon, maybe the end of summer.
Nope, haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't think they're gonna reveal anything till just before the realease though, but I hope you're right in it being airing soon-ish, as I don't think I can wait much longer :( But yeah, it's probably gonna be somewhere near August - September.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Welcome to the club, Dudeman. Hope you'll enjoy your time here.

Nope, haven't heard anything about it yet. I don't think they're gonna reveal anything till just before the realease though, but I hope you're right in it being airing soon-ish, as I don't think I can wait much longer :( But yeah, it's probably gonna be somewhere near August - September.

Hint hint- this is the official episode title and airdate list on Nick's site. Never protected, we can use it. http://www.nickandmore.com/episode-lists/nickelodeon/the-legend-of-korra.txt

Years
14 Episodes is good. :D A little longer of a season is better in my book. Although it doesn't state when it will start. I'm hoping a Fall 2012 start, it makes sense because that's usually when networks start new series/seasons of programming.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
Well, I looked at it before season 1 was completely written, so that's the text they'll update. I assume it starts next year. I can wait, I just don't want to.

Back