• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Nisangorou

is on a mudkip mission
Years
I've encountered 2 glitches after saving in Sprout Tower:

1. My name (OPHELIA) has been changed to OPH.
2. The game thinks my pokemon (Eoni the Totodile and Anorochi the Ekans) have come from trades ("Apparently met in NEW BARK TOWN", "Apparently met in Route 32 at level 8") Both now level 17 they don't obey any commands now.

Help please?

Years

2. The game thinks my pokemon (Eoni the Totodile and Anorochi the Ekans) have come from trades ("Apparently met in NEW BARK TOWN", "Apparently met in Route 32 at level 8") Both now level 17 they don't obey any commands now.

Help please?
Wow. That is truly weird. I encountered a few glitches in sprout tower with the music and the battles. XD
why would it think they have been traded? that is weird. hmmmmmm...perhaps restart seeing as you're not that far in the game yeah? and don't save inside sprout tower this time?

Oh yes! The Jhoto, ahem, remixes are awesome. I can hear a scratchy noise behind them though. Is that supposed to happen?
As far as i know, that's what happens with the Carlos battles, but none of the others. I think it's something to do with the volume adjustments in the actual midi file or something, but i'm not sure.

Years
Why can't Scyter evolve into scizor ? I dont wanna catcha scizor. i wanna have a scyther and then let him evolve into one =o
Or arn't so of the evolutions not done yet ? so maybe it will be in Beta 6 ? =D

Years
Thankyou SirWillis. I don't want to start again so I'll just wait until I get another badge so they'll obey me. :3
clever thinking...but you may need to catch some pokemon so that you have a guaranteed pokemon that obeys you...that way if you go over the level cap you wont be in the same position again. =D
it could also be something to do with the save type. but it's a bit late now :P

Why can't Scyter evolve into scizor ? I dont wanna catcha scizor. i wanna have a scyther and then let him evolve into one =o
Well perhaps you could catch a scizor and then breed it to get a scyther? use your initiative mate :P

Last edited:

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022

Help please?

This is one of those evils glitches in Shiny Gold. Zel has not figured out what causes it, but I'm sure than when he knows, he will. It happened to me in Union Cave (so I loaded a previous save (after finding my Mudkip to then before) and when I gave Kurt the GS Ball. Other glitches that Zel does nolt know what causes them are the Bad Egg glitch and some other. If possible, go back to an old save? And... does you name appear with a red arrow att eh end of it oin the start menu? That's how I found out. Choatix became Cho. It's so ANNOYING! But, hey, I save a lot. I use the SHIFT + F1 feature almost every time I battle a difficult trainer (after every move in them) and then everytime I find a pokemon I want! (even Zubat.. only because I wanted to catch it with a Luxury Ball...). My Jirachi turned into a bad egg and I was really, really annoyed! But hey, it's a game, and I just traded it to my own save file (by re-loading a previous) to the most recent. You could do that, and you pokemon would obey, but only if you had a previous save file. And make sure to save in an F1-10 slot. To link VBA, well, have 2 running and both go to the pokemon centre. Need I go on? That way, I got Jirachi back into my next save. (I found a Shiny Golbat then released Jirachi was gone so I didn't want to just carrry on from the previous save file). I talk too much... even when I write... Lol

It can evolve into Scizor. With a moon stone. In Beta 5. And why do you want to catch Scyther then evolve into Scyther for? Are you that despreate for a move like Aerial Ace?

The moonstone isn't behind the waterfall so I guess you can get it as early as surf.

Spoiler:
And, you can only get Scyther just before/after 3rd Badge and by 4th badge you can head over to Tojho Falls and collect the moon stone. Surf to the corner. It is there, I assure you. And about Scizor, if you do want one, a pokemon Lv20 in your party first, use repel. If you find a pokemon while it is on, Scizor WILL appear. That pokemon cannot be fainted or this won't work.

STUCK WITH A SCYTHER??? R U KIDDING? scyther is much better than scizor, both on speed and looks...
But not on attack. Lol. And it's a toss-up, keep as Scyther and have a double weakness to rock or evolve to Scizor and have an average rock damage, but double weakness to fire, thjat Scyther is also weak too. Scyther is too fragile with typing, but it is still probably better to have that Scizor. Unless you really like Scizor with one of Scyther's moves... But I'm sure no idiot would send out thier Scyther to a Golem or something anyway (if they had an option).

Last edited:

choatix

Choatix
Years
  • UK
  • Seen May 1, 2022
Choatix become Cho? OPHELIA become OPH. It annoys the hell out of me. x3
I solved the obedience problem - just get the next badge.
And no...I don't see a red arrow. ;_;

I spose so, that would work. And you get more EXP! But I felt that was cheating. Like holding a lucky egg. CHEAT! Oh well. Thats why I went back. And the red arrow thing at the end of my name was just SO annoying every time I wanted to use repel or a potion. GWWAH!

Years
I spose so, that would work. And you get more EXP! But I felt that was cheating. Like holding a lucky egg. CHEAT! Oh well. Thats why I went back. And the red arrow thing at the end of my name was just SO annoying every time I wanted to use repel or a potion. GWWAH!
yeh, well technically using a lucky egg isn't cheating, but it puts you to an advantage of those who don't. therefore, UNFAIR, but not cheating as such.

Oh, gawd... I forgot this was Shiny Gold beta 4... I kept thinking it was Beta 5... >_<
THIS IS BETA 5.

Nisangorou

is on a mudkip mission
Years
Speaking of Exp...
What really annoys me about this game is definately the EXP doshes. If you power-train (like me) even the weaker pokemon throw up so much exp that I level from 25-26 in, like, three minutes. I suppose it's good for team trainers butnot for me, sorry. Next time, I think the exp pokemon give out should be cut a little. It makes the game too easy. C:

Mitchman

Banned
Years
Speaking of Exp...
What really annoys me about this game is definately the EXP doshes. If you power-train (like me) even the weaker pokemon throw up so much exp that I level from 25-26 in, like, three minutes. I suppose it's good for team trainers butnot for me, sorry. Next time, I think the exp pokemon give out should be cut a little. It makes the game too easy. C:
Hehe play x if you want a challenge.

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
Choatix become Cho? OPHELIA become OPH. It annoys the hell out of me. x3
I solved the obedience problem - just get the next badge.
And no...I don't see a red arrow. ;_;

this glitch has been mentioned before but one thing I noticed is that it only happens to people with names with more then 7 letters

Awec

Maniacal Egotist ~
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2023
I got 4 bugs to report:
1) In Dark Cave (the first time you can go inside), you can get to an area in the cave (though it would be sort of dumb to do so, since at that point you don't have flash) where there is a guy that you can challenge. Unfortunately, he has a level 20+ Pokemon that can easily KO all of your Pokemon at that early stage. There ought to be some way of blocking the area off.
2) Likewise with the Trick House. Luckily the trainers in there haven't got quite so high leveled Pokemon, and my Pokemon had been leveled up considerably after Falkner and Sprout Tower, but it was still a bit of a shock to go in there and realize I'm facing trainers with Pokemon as high leveled as Falkner's. Either it should be move to a location you can't get to, or their Pokemon ought to be de-leveled slightly.
3) In the small building between the place with the Trick House and Sudowoodo, and the Ruins of Alph, there is a weird glitch copy of you. Is this a sprite error?
4) Ruins of Alph again - indeed, inside a separate building again. When you go in the building where the two scientist are, one of them acts like Nurse Joy, and when you agree to have your Pokemon Healed, you can see a glitched version of the normal Pokemon Center Healing Process. Can this be fixed?

GiantGroudon

I doubled myself now
Years
I found X bugs in victory road. ther's grass in it, the move data is messed up.
Who was the idiot that designed this?
Except this and the fact that beta5 doesn't work in no$gba, Shiny Gold is awesome.

Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2008
Great game, i was looking forward to a good GSC remake...here it is, this is offically the best Rom i'veplayed.

One thing...I cannot get passed the basement switches part.

HELP?

Years
I found X bugs in victory road. ther's grass in it, the move data is messed up.
Who was the idiot that designed this?
Except this and the fact that beta5 doesn't work in no$gba, Shiny Gold is awesome.
Well, you're the idiot. It is meant to have grass and that is a blind cave. simple. explained. go to the FAQ.

I got 4 bugs to report:
1) In Dark Cave (the first time you can go inside), you can get to an area in the cave (though it would be sort of dumb to do so, since at that point you don't have flash) where there is a guy that you can challenge. Unfortunately, he has a level 20+ Pokemon that can easily KO all of your Pokemon at that early stage. There ought to be some way of blocking the area off.
2) Likewise with the Trick House. Luckily the trainers in there haven't got quite so high leveled Pokemon, and my Pokemon had been leveled up considerably after Falkner and Sprout Tower, but it was still a bit of a shock to go in there and realize I'm facing trainers with Pokemon as high leveled as Falkner's. Either it should be move to a location you can't get to, or their Pokemon ought to be de-leveled slightly.
3) In the small building between the place with the Trick House and Sudowoodo, and the Ruins of Alph, there is a weird glitch copy of you. Is this a sprite error?
4) Ruins of Alph again - indeed, inside a separate building again. When you go in the building where the two scientist are, one of them acts like Nurse Joy, and when you agree to have your Pokemon Healed, you can see a glitched version of the normal Pokemon Center Healing Process. Can this be fixed?
1) that's a challenge in the game that zel made, he gives you a good item if you win.
2)wat's the point in having trainers that are uber easy to beat? ruins the whole point.
3)probably
4)Probably, but the healing place stuff is hard to do, so probably in a later version.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
Years
4)Probably, but the healing place stuff is hard to do, so probably in a later version.
Well, depending on how good zel (or whoever's helping him) is at scripting, it can be made such that when you agree to have your Pokemon healed, the screen would go to black, play the healing sound, and then fade back in. But then, that sounds like something that would be easier for RPG Maker. XD Still, I think it can be done. Might take a good bit of scripting knowledge, though, 'cause I don't think there's a tool that'd let you do it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2009
lol im very upset :P; yesterday i when to play SG on gpSP and i went to save instead of load so i lost my data.. guess its time to start from the beginning

Years
Well, depending on how good zel (or whoever's helping him) is at scripting, it can be made such that when you agree to have your Pokemon healed, the screen would go to black, play the healing sound, and then fade back in. But then, that sounds like something that would be easier for RPG Maker. XD Still, I think it can be done. Might take a good bit of scripting knowledge, though, 'cause I don't think there's a tool that'd let you do it.
yeh, he could copy the script from the person on the route before victory road and insert it as a new one.

Back