• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I thought that maybe you could merge two moves known by one of your Pokémon (like you can fuse weapons in Kid Icarus: Uprising) with an item (say, a specific kind of Shard) to make room for ''another'' move that your Pokémon is trying to learn.
A little too complex for me. Just IMO.

Cyclone

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Honestly that kinda just sounds like the dual-type attack rumor that was floating around. Just sounds like something that screws with the base mechanics of STAB that wouldn't really work out in the end in my opinion =/

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I think moves should be left untouched, introducing dual type moves would completely change the way attacks work.

Completely agreed. As I stated already, it messes with STAB so badly. I mean, theoretically, if something was dual typed and the move matched that, I guess you could just say you got a x2 bonus instead of a x1.5 bonus. I guess it isn't that complicated, but it is just unnecessary if anything. Just let that aspect be please =P

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Honestly that kinda just sounds like the dual-type attack rumor that was floating around. Just sounds like something that screws with the base mechanics of STAB that wouldn't really work out in the end in my opinion =/

Completely agreed. As I stated already, it messes with STAB so badly. I mean, theoretically, if something was dual typed and the move matched that, I guess you could just say you got a x2 bonus instead of a x1.5 bonus. I guess it isn't that complicated, but it is just unnecessary if anything. Just let that aspect be please =P

That's assuming that they cannot rework the entire game if they wanted to do so... I mean they obviously haven't done that before... The mechanics can literally be all different if they wanted it to be... You can't deny one thing because of something in the past... STAB formula could be changed to make it all work right...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
That's assuming that they cannot rework the entire game if they wanted to do so... I mean they obviously haven't done that before... The mechanics can literally be all different if they wanted it to be... You can't deny one thing because of something in the past... STAB formula could be changed to make it all work right...

...Did you read my second post. I made it pretty clear that they could do that, and even lined out a rather simple way they could go about and do it. Just because I'm personally against it doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that it can't happen. I'm definitely not denying that they can do it, I'm just stating my opinion of something that I'd prefer not to see, and that's exactly what speculation is: voicing opinions.

I also like Willow as a female professor name, definitely works as well!

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Maybe gf doesn't go for dual type moves. But maybe they might go for new combination moves to make double/triple battle interesting.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
It might be possible that dual-type moves simply have one type for counting STAB, and one type for counting damage to the other Pokémon. Like, say, how Psyshock is special but "hits" as a physical attack.

Years

Yeah, I totally agree with this. Having dual-typed moves can mess things up even more than before, cos it can amplify weaknesses even further than it is now. Also, STAB would be messed up for sure.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
...Did you read my second post. I made it pretty clear that they could do that, and even lined out a rather simple way they could go about and do it. Just because I'm personally against it doesn't mean I don't acknowledge that it can't happen. I'm definitely not denying that they can do it, I'm just stating my opinion of something that I'd prefer not to see, and that's exactly what speculation is: voicing opinions.

I also like Willow as a female professor name, definitely works as well!

I did read it but you sounded like you were talking it down on purpose... I meant they could redo much more than just the STAB mechanics so it all works... Maybe you only get one STAB, but a fire type and a fighting type can both STAB with Blaze Kick Fire/Fight move... Anything is possible...

I realize speculation is voicing opinions, but that's what I'm doing as well... But trying to keep people from disregarding things just because it breaks a pattern or changes the system up... Because that is a stupid mind set, you know?

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
As I stated already, it messes with STAB so badly. I mean, theoretically, if something was dual typed and the move matched that, I guess you could just say you got a x2 bonus instead of a x1.5 bonus. I guess it isn't that complicated, but it is just unnecessary if anything. Just let that aspect be please =P

I have to agree, dual typed moves just seem way to messy!
Especially if you consider how they would handle weaknesses/resistances
Let's say a move like Blaze Kick is both Fire and Fighting, how would it affect a Rock Pokemon?
It could either be SE if considered Fighting, but only not very effective if considered Fire

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
im not sure if we've already talked about this but i kinda want to get off the topic of dual-moves cause its not gonna happen. anyway if u look at the region people have a guess of where the starting town will be but what do you think the biggining town will be. or maybe do u think it will be unlike any other game and make the start on a train u get dropped off in the region.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
im not sure if we've already talked about this but i kinda want to get off the topic of dual-moves cause its not gonna happen. anyway if u look at the region people have a guess of where the starting town will be but what do you think the biggining town will be. or maybe do u think it will be unlike any other game and make the start on a train u get dropped off in the region.

We've already talked about where we think the starting town is... We can't deny anything... They could literally make a Pokemon based on a literal turd... ANYTHING is possible... I don't know why people can't get that mind set...

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I don't understand what people mean by reworking STAB. Does it mean that they will lessen the boost value to ×0.25 so that 8× weakness from an attack will still be 4x damage, then that would also completely nerf how strong STAB attacks can get, so the boosts charts are still very messed up regardless of changes to the mechanics

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I don't understand what people mean by reworking STAB. Does it mean that they will lessen the boost value to ×0.25 so that 8× weakness from an attack will still be 4x damage, then that would also completely nerf how strong STAB attacks can get, so the boosts charts are still very messed up regardless of changes to the mechanics

(This is the last thing I'm gonna say on this because we're getting redundant now =P) We have no idea honestly. We were talking about dual-typed moves would kind of mess with it, and how all the multipliers would be affected. We really have no idea what they'd do with it, and for the most part we don't really wanna see it happen =P They might make it work perfectly if it were to happen, but they could also just make it worse. Who knows?

On the topic of where the starting town is, I was thinking it was the town in the bottom center of the map. Just seems to appear like a starting area to me.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013

Without changing any other mechanic, they could still make it work and not confuse people not wanting an extremely needed fix...

Say my Fire type Pokemon has Blaze Kick, retyped as a Fire/Fight type move... And I'm fighting your Normal type Pokemon... Using Blaze Kick I get the STAB bonus from it being a Fire type move and the SE of Normal being weak to Fighting type.

They could just make it like that... The best one is the one that factors in... So my Fighting type could also use Blaze Kick on your Grass type Pokemon, getting the Fighting STAB and the SE effect of Grass being weak to Fire...

Or they could go with a better and more complex working system that everyone hates at first, but later realize is better later on, then accept it...

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Which is probably what would happen if this were to happen. I mean, no one loved the Physical/Special split when it first came out, and now mostly people have come to love it as it makes a lot of sense. So who knows really!

Okay one more thing on it I guess c;

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Without changing any other mechanic, they could still make it work and not confuse people not wanting an extremely needed fix...

Say my Fire type Pokemon has Blaze Kick, retyped as a Fire/Fight type move... And I'm fighting your Normal type Pokemon... Using Blaze Kick I get the STAB bonus from it being a Fire type move and the SE of Normal being weak to Fighting type.

They could just make it like that... The best one is the one that factors in... So my Fighting type could also use Blaze Kick on your Grass type Pokemon, getting the Fighting STAB and the SE effect of Grass being weak to Fire...

Or they could go with a better and more complex working system that everyone hates at first, but later realize is better later on, then accept it...

and what if ur fire/fight blaze kick hit my ferrothorn? Hw much damage will it inflict on ferro?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I'm still going by my theory on how the mechanics for a dual-type move will work: The move will only use its primary type, but will switch into its secondary type if its primary type is NVE against the opponent's Pokemon. If the Pokemon resists both types, then it'll result in being not very effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back