• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Video Games DCC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
With that in mind, there are tons upon tons of steam games that low end computers can play. Recettear, Rogue Legacy, Cave Story, Bastion, Bit.Trip, The Binding of Isaac, etc., all of which are great games. While I'd recommend getting a gaming computer, you still have a multitude of games to choose from if you don't have one.
This.

But it won't be as fun if you just stuck to low end gaming. But it is your decision, ultimately, so just go ahead as you wish. Best option I recommend would just to save up for a gaming PC.

TY

True. Though i can also wait and play some games on the PS3 (Borderlands 2, tho i'd like to get this one on PC too, MCLA and much more...). So i think ill wait and abuse my PS3 a little more till it literally exlpodes of overusage

Years
In your situation it would be best to "abuse", as you say, the PS3 until you manage to hoard money to fund a gaming PC which could take well over a year. Unless you're buying the PS4 with your own money, it would be good to invest in a PC considering the games can be found very cheap and there are some sort of sales everyday.

TY

Yeah, it's most likely my dad will get the PS4 and then i can save up for the PC. And PC games are indeed cheaper (5-10 euro's difference with PS3/Xbox)

Years
There are actually very good games you can buy for very low prices. I've found plenty of good franchises that I hadn't heard about before and there are cheap games you will find that are a lot better than the more popular, expensive games.

TY

Yeah... I do have some of those games. They were quite fun to play. For instance i never heard of a game named Rise of Nations, i bought it cause i thought it would be fun plus it was a RTS game... Now im still playing it and hoping to find the expansion pack soon since i wanna play as the Dutch faction.

Years
If you do get a PC, I would also recommend a 2-screen setup because you can use one for gaming and the other one for general use and even whilst gaming. Or you could just use your laptop, but I would definitely say that having a screen for gaming comes in very useful and, personally, I think it's a lot nicer and more organized :3

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
Years
2 screen set up is what I go with. It has huge advantages. Having to swap back to 1 screen for the time being has been a nightmare. I got so used to being able to general browse as I play I just can't handle having a single screen. Helps also for if your having conversations while you play such as on skype as I normally do.

Years
Oh god yes, having to tab out of games and then go back to your desktop and rararara it gets frustrating. Most gamers have multiple screens to talk on Skype etc. and it enables you to be able to do things whilst in game. Plus, you have something to do whilst waiting for certain things to load in a game. There are so much more advantages with 2 screens.

And you are welcome! Happy to give advice :3

Years
Hate to interrupt such a riveting conversation but.
The search function won't work on my phone you guys should check and tell me of there's a "what would the perfect video game be" thread and come back :)

I'm joking with the sarcastic comment by the way :D

Years
Haha, why did you have to go and interrupt such a thriving conversation?

But seriously, no there isn't one made. So if you want to make one, go ahead! n.n

Years
No problem! :3

Okay let's keep this alive and have something to talk about; what games are you guys anticipating this year?

For me, I really cannot wait for Total War: Rome 2. I've been looking up a lot about this game, watching videos and everything about me just entices me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Tales of Xillia in just over a week is all I'm really anticipating through to the end of the year.

Oh, and S2 of The Walking Dead (Telltale), I suppose, but I have a feeling I'll prooobably try to hold off until the whole season has released and that probably won't happen until next year. ><; (I played S1 pretty late and I can't imagine having to wait months for episodes to come out. I'd rather get it all at once...)

Years
Oh yeah, X and Y, I completely forgot! The next few months are host to several games being released, but it's nothing like it was last year. I mean, yeah, you have those annual EA Sports and CoD games, but these become less exciting on the pre-order list as years go by...

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Oh yeah, X and Y, I completely forgot! The next few months are host to several games being released, but it's nothing like it was last year. I mean, yeah, you have those annual EA Sports and CoD games, but these become less exciting on the pre-order list as years go by...
And yet, no doubt, the number of pre-orders placed increases. I don't get how EA can be both universally reviled and not bankrupt.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
And yet, no doubt, the number of pre-orders placed increases. I don't get how EA can be both universally reviled and not bankrupt.
Lots of consumers just don't care. They hate these companies, resent them, even, but continue to buy from them.

Shame that EA has so many good franchises, too, or this wouldn't be a problem.

Years
That's because the games they produce are loved. Sims 3, FIFA; the hype for those sort of games is pretty big, especially England. FIFA, for example, is a huge seller because it is clearly the best football game out there and also football is a worldwide sport and has many fans. Customers don't always really care about the prices as long as they get the game they want.

WooliestSteam

A Little Wooly Piece of Steam
Years
That's because the games they produce are loved. Sims 3, FIFA; the hype for those sort of games is pretty big, especially England. FIFA, for example, is a huge seller because it is clearly the best football game out there and also football is a worldwide sport and has many fans. Customers don't always really care about the prices as long as they get the game they want.

I agree with that, over here in Ireland and England the football scene is beyond believable and I would imagine it's the same in Europe and all over. I know some people that without fail every year will pick up the new FIFA, regardless of it's price, who's making it, etc.

The impression I get from these people I know is that they care little about the games industry, they have no interest in reading up about new games, the industry, etc. All they care about is getting their hands on that one game (FIFA in this case) every year. So I'm simply backing up Pave's point by providing a real life observation from myself.

Now just to reinforce my point, these people are the people -I- know. I am in no way saying every FIFA fan doesn't care about other games or the industry as I'm 100% positive there are FIFA fans out there who generally care and play many other games besides FIFA. So just bear in mind my post references the people I know and not every FIFA fan in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back