• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Hack of the Year] Discussions - 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
It was so darn difficult to choose what hack/mod to vote on every different category in Round 1.
Anyways, I wish g'luck on everyone. ;)
I'm gonna be busy starting tomorrow since classes will be starting here. :(
Aw well...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
So, just updating you guys as I feel you deserve to know what's going on. Round 1 votes tallied, awards are being made. Nominations is now un-stuck, therefore paving the way for the results thread. It WILL be up today.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
So, just updating you guys as I feel you deserve to know what's going on. Round 1 votes tallied, awards are being made. Nominations is now un-stuck, therefore paving the way for the results thread. It WILL be up today.

Yay. Thanks :)

Can't wait to see who's up for round two (not me) :3

Logan

Years
Well, it's pretty much all ready. Just going to let people chill off of the results for a bit. I think between three days and this time next week.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I visited to throw in my opinions about Hack of the Year.
It's actually disappointing to me. Nearly every hack that's been nominated doesn't deserve to win this. I'm sorry, but if there are any hacks there that deserve this win, Azure Horizons does.
Sure, the other hacks have nice graphics, but it all seems repetitive. The scripting styles are all the same, the environments aren't really all that creative... it just doesn't feel like an actual Pokémon game to me. Frostbite's hack does.

Well, I figured since this will be my last post here at PC, I thought I would end on an honest note.

Good luck to all the contenders. I'm rooting for you, Frostbite!

Logan

Years
DOUBLE POSTING FOR LEGAL PURPOSES.

Ignore the poll date, I accidentally put it on for a month. *headdesk* Tolling and thread closes will happen next week,

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
Years
What is light Platinum? Never heard of that one? :(
Anyway, I played Liquid Crystal the most so Liquid Crystal is my choice.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 17, 2012
Who do I think will win?

Well I have a strong feeling that Crono is going to win or at least be in the top 3. I fairly sure Liquid Crystal will be in the top 3 and Light Platinum will do very well and have a good outcome. It's just a feeling so it may not be true. :\
You're right. I also have a feeling that Liquid Crystal deserves to be on the top 3. LIQUID CRYSTAL ALL THE WAY!!!

Years
  • Seen Jul 15, 2011
A Real Hack

I agree, Azure Horizons should win. It feels the most like a legit hack, like rijonAdventures. rA is the measuring stick for other hacks. I think Azure Horizons should win, it's not that far into being done... but it seems the most legit.

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
As one of the judges I actually agree with this. Of the three Azure Horizons is actually one of the most polished and gives off that "Pokémon" feel to it.

Where are the results, though? :x

Unfortunately, since we don't know, we can only speculate.

And Azure is the best of them, imo. But I don't know what the other judges think. I seriously hope Azure wins.

Logan

Years
Alright, just tallying last of results. Then I'll send them to Anthony for award making. :D

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
Years
Azure Horizons...

Azure Horizons...

Azure Horizons! It's such a great hack, and it makes me feel so... Yeah! It really doesn't feel like a hack, and it's one of the only few hacks that I actually enjoy! Unlike most other hacks, this doesn't have much glitches, and it's very well presented. I really wish it wins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back