• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What language do you think in?

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
Years
I have a complete inability to speak in any language other than English, so naturally, I have a complete inability to think in any language other than English.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, that depends on which language I'm using at the time. My native language is Danish, so while at school and stuff, I mostly do think in Danish, but while on PC, and most other places on the internet, I mostly do think in English, since I'm exposed to the language so much. I guess it jumps around a bit as well, and honestly, I think I may be beginning to think more in English, as weird as that is, BUT YEAH. English and Danish.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
I am bilingual. Dutch is my native language, but I've been speaking English almost just as long. I really only think in English nowadays, I dream in English, I mumble to myself in English. I only use Dutch when it's really necessary nowadays, like in classes and with my family. Even when speaking Dutch I think in English. It's something I just can't turn off. It creates really awkward situations where I get stuck translating my thoughts from English to Dutch, then fall silent for like 5 seconds and reluctantly say the English word instead. Worst that happened was when I completely forgot the Dutch translation of "You're urged to attend but it is not compulsory" while speaking in an audience of around a hundred of my peers, and I went on to give a very rich description of the word instead of just saying it that eventually ended up going "It's not that you must but you sorta must but it's not that it must that it must." (Except it was in Dutch.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2013
Usually English haha, though occasionally with a different accent than my own.

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
I think in English of course :3 Sometimes I think in jibberish when im confused.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Mainly Polish, my native language. Even though most things I read during the day are in English I don't 'think' in that language often because I don't speak it much.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I think almost entirely in English because it's the only language I'm fluent in. (I used to be good enough at French to switch my thoughts over to it occasionally but I've since let it go, oops.)

Some phrases or words come up in Japanese, though, since it's the only language I'm studying right now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
English, plain old boring English. When I was learning French I hoped to get to the point where I'd start dreaming in French, but it never happened. I did think in French for a bit, everything people would say my mind would be like "oh I'll translate that into French for you" but that's long gone now.

Back