• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
So, do you guys think Noibat will evolve? (I do think so, considering Ash stated at one point that he liked Noivern a lot!)

don't know, don't care.

personally, i'd prefer if it stayed a noibat, but if it evolves i'm not going to complain like some people
LAYldHq.png

VillageofDragons

On hiatus from PC forever
Years
Yeah, I feel like Ash is going to catch a Phantump.

Also I know it's not the reason why, but I feel like Ash partially released Goodra cause he knew it was going to be horrible against 2 of the last 3 gyms. The anime nor him give any evidence about that being the reason, but I feel like it's just a funny plot twist where Ash realizes the Pokemon wont' benefit him in most gym battles.

And I feel like he CAUGHT Goodra in the first place was to be able to take on Clemont, because let's face it, pretty much Ash's whole team except for PIkachu is weak to electric types (Frogadier, Hawlucha, Fletchinder), so if he had never caught and raised it into a Goodra I felt like he would lose the 5th gym, and then have to win in a rematch.

But that's just my two cents.

Years
At this point it's too late for him to get a grass-type imo, so it's really between Honedge and Bergmite.

So you're saying that XY could break his tradition of catching a Grass-type? I do hope he gets his sixth Pokemon soon (Noibat doesn't count because he caught it after Goodra left so it technically filled the fifth team slot) and I hope it's a Phantump (even Skiddo if the desperate) or this saga will be remembered by me for having what is Ash's worst balanced regional team to date.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
So you're saying that XY could break his tradition of catching a Grass-type? I do hope he gets his sixth Pokemon soon (Noibat doesn't count because he caught it after Goodra left so it technically filled the fifth team slot) and I hope it's a Phantump (even Skiddo if the desperate) or this saga will be remembered by me for having what is Ash's worst balanced regional team to date.

If he gets a Honedge he will (kind of) balance his regional team. And it can star against the last two gyms. On the other hand, Bergmite could increase his offensive potential, and Avalugg is very durable.

Last edited:

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2016
Ash released Goodra to live in the Wetlands, therefore, I revise my prediction, now Ash doesn't need a rotation team.

Pikachu
Greninja
Fletchling
Hawlucha
Fire-type Pokemon
Grass-type Pokemon

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
So in the upcoming Moltres episode Fletchinder is going to evolve whilst battling Moltres (which it then goes to fall into a volcano w/Ash diving in after it???) I'm glad it's evolving just not against Moltres like that's so huge?

It also looks as if one of the group may catch a Tyrunt, hoping it's Ash but it might be Clemont?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
So in the upcoming Moltres episode Fletchinder is going to evolve whilst battling Moltres (which it then goes to fall into a volcano w/Ash diving in after it???) I'm glad it's evolving just not against Moltres like that's so huge?

It also looks as if one of the group may catch a Tyrunt, hoping it's Ash but it might be Clemont?

Was it confirmed that it would evolve? And evolving against a Moltres is actually pretty cool if true. It already evolved against a Talonflame. So I don't see a problem with this.

And I am actually really happy Moltres is going to make an apperance. It reninds of when the one guy tried to take a picture of Articuno.

As for Tyrunt, I am gonna say if it is any's it is Clemont's as he hasn't caught a pokemon sense Luxio. Although I could see Tyrunt acting a lot like Gible. I can't really say much more, as I haven't seen anything about a Tyrunt in the newest episode names/descriptions.

Years
I think Fletchinder will probably evolve in the Moltres episode as well, since it said Fletchinder was in trouble and I know of past events in the anime where a Pokemon was in peril and saved itself by evolving, so I assume that's going to be the situation that will make Fletchinder evolve into Talonflame continuing the trend of Ash's birds always reaching their final stage.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Was it confirmed that it would evolve? And evolving against a Moltres is actually pretty cool if true. It already evolved against a Talonflame. So I don't see a problem with this.

And I am actually really happy Moltres is going to make an apperance. It reninds of when the one guy tried to take a picture of Articuno.

As for Tyrunt, I am gonna say if it is any's it is Clemont's as he hasn't caught a pokemon sense Luxio. Although I could see Tyrunt acting a lot like Gible. I can't really say much more, as I haven't seen anything about a Tyrunt in the newest episode names/descriptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAdDhCtJPo

It definitely evolves during the fight with Moltres and as a Talonflame it seems to fall into the volcano so it's not a "Fletchinder evolves defeats Moltres" kind of thing.

Tyrunt seems quite big but also playful/baby like so I'm guessing if it is caught that it's gonna be a Pokemon who can't really handle being excitable and big/heavy at the same time so it's gonna be used for comedy probably.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHAdDhCtJPo

It definitely evolves during the fight with Moltres and as a Talonflame it seems to fall into the volcano so it's not a "Fletchinder evolves defeats Moltres" kind of thing.

Tyrunt seems quite big but also playful/baby like so I'm guessing if it is caught that it's gonna be a Pokemon who can't really handle being excitable and big/heavy at the same time so it's gonna be used for comedy probably.

Ah thanks. That most definitely confirms Flechider evolves. I am really really really glad Moltres is finally getting another episode. Zapdos and Articuno have both had more than one episode, at least Articuno has. All Moltres did was show up indirectly at the Kanto Poke League. Moltres was my favorite of the 3 birds as well.

Good thing is, this breaks yet another pattern of a pokemon never evolving when it beats in evolution.

Looks like there might be a chance of Bunelby evolving. But nothing confirmed, usually when someone cries or gets mad at a pokemon like Clemont cried in that video, the pokemon evolves soon after. Looks like the 7th gym might be a double battle as well.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
So fletchinder evolves!? Nice and it fights moltres! I think Clemont will get tyrunt but it be awesome if Ash did. The 7th gym being a double battle is interesting. Looks good.

RhydonTheAncient

RustyKNIGHT
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
If Ash wants a grass type for a final team member, it would probably be a Skiddo. Trevanant is another option, but sadly, I can't see Ash with that kind of Pokemon, but who knows.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
If Ash wants a grass type for a final team member, it would probably be a Skiddo. Trevanant is another option, but sadly, I can't see Ash with that kind of Pokemon, but who knows.

I think Phantump would probably be the grass type. Doubt it would evolve. I think if he was going to get a Skiddo, it would have been around the time he got Goomy or the 5th gym. With the abandoned Skiddon and all in Lumious City.

Really depends on who gets Tyrunt if anyone. For all we know, it could just be someone else's Tyrunt or perhaps they meet back up with Grant?

RhydonTheAncient

RustyKNIGHT
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
I don't see the point of getting a phantump if you can catch a wild Trevanant. Ash's team is decent so far, but knowing him, you could be right. He released his Goodra, so whatever pokemon he gets in the future, it better make up for that loss.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Personally I'd like to see Ash catch a Phantump or a Trevenant. Since Ash is going to have three Flying-type Pokémon, I wouldn't be that surprised if he traded one of them for a Phantump (which would evolve into a Trevenant).

A while ago someone mentioned the possibility of Ash catching a Phantump, and then later trading it with Jessie's Pumpkaboo. I think that would be really interesting but I couldn't see it happening unless the trade was accidental.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Personally I'd like to see Ash catch a Phantump or a Trevenant. Since Ash is going to have three Flying-type Pokémon, I wouldn't be that surprised if he traded one of them for a Phantump (which would evolve into a Trevenant).

A while ago someone mentioned the possibility of Ash catching a Phantump, and then later trading it with Jessie's Pumpkaboo. I think that would be really interesting but I couldn't see it happening unless the trade was accidental.

I don't see that happening especially with the next episode that comes out this week. Not only is Gourgeist in the opening and the Pikachu Short in the movie, but Phantump also is not.

The Gourgeist Festival! Farewell, Pumpkaboo!?, this week's episode. Jessie will probably trade Pumpkaboo by mistake or think her's is useless and want to trade it for a different one, she will probably have flashbacks about everything and want her's back. Allowing her pokemon to evolve.

I have a feeling James will catch another pokemon soon, but it will be more of a for show pokemon like Chimecho and Mime Jr. Maybe the new pokemon that is said to be in the movie?

Back