• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Request a Moveset / Simple Q&A / Breeding Questions

S+M staff are great

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 7, 2009
Thanks another question what bug type pokemon except OU pokemon would you recommend for me and a good moveset. Also why is poison fang a bad move

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Scizor@Life Orb
32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
Trait : Technician
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break / SuperPower
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite/ Roost / Quick Attack

Yeah.
Fixed. @__@

Thanks another question what bug type pokemon except OU pokemon would you recommend for me
Scyther, Pinsir, Armaldo, and Venomoth are usually the best Bug-types if you exclude OU / BL Pokemon. I also heard Parasect is cool to use in Ubers.

and a good moveset. Also why is poison fang a bad move
It gives redundant coverage (only SE on Grass-types), and 50 base power is really low.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2011
No, just take Gliscor to a move tutor in Pastoria city to teach it Ice Fang in exchange for a heart scale. I think his house is located next to the lake, with someone standing outside it.

Alright then. Thanks for the info.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
Years
I decided to use a different EV spread for Mamoswine, so I was wondering how effective this would be compared to the standard 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Snow Cloak
Jolly
64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
I decided to use a different EV spread for Mamoswine, so I was wondering how effective this would be compared to the standard 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Snow Cloak
Jolly
64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
- Ice Shard
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Sure, I guess it's viable for the extra bulk. Just make your team doesn't suffer from him not have max speed :O

Jukain-Arashi

Years
I don't think that will be a problem since the rest of my team consists of Yanmega, Starmie, Gliscor, Salamence, and Scizor. All very fast Pokemon.
A question about Salamence, would you recommend Hydro Pump >> Fire Blast?

Pokedra

Retired
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
I don't think that will be a problem since the rest of my team consists of Yanmega, Starmie, Gliscor, Salamence, and Scizor. All very fast Pokemon.
A question about Salamence, would you recommend Hydro Pump >> Fire Blast?
Fire Blast is generally better to hit Steel-types and Hydro Pump only really lets you hit Gliscor and Heatran so no I'd wouldn't recommend replacing Fire Blast with Hydro Pump.

Jukain-Arashi

Years
Alright. Do you think this is a well balanced team:
Yanmega (Lead)
Gliscor (Stealth Rock user)
Starmie (Special Sweeper)
Scizor (Revenger Killer)
Salamence (Physical Sweeper)
Mamoswine (Revenge Killer; I have him to hit anything the Scizor can't hit.)

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2010
How to EV?

Hi!
I'm not really sure how to EV Pokemon. I want to EV my Rotom, and fed it lots of vitamins, but when is the stat boost going to come out? Am I doing it wrong? Thanks!

Phoenix2389

ex-Gym Leader and Ice Warrior
Years
I have a question : Currently on my UU/NU team I am using a Meganium as a screen setup and Aromatheraby user, but I have been having thoughts about switching it for a SubSeed(or another Stall Version)Ludicolo, but im not sure if my team would fall apart from me taking off Meganium.

Aurafire

provider of cake
Years
Alright. Do you think this is a well balanced team:
Yanmega (Lead)
Gliscor (Stealth Rock user)
Starmie (Special Sweeper)
Scizor (Revenger Killer)
Salamence (Physical Sweeper)
Mamoswine (Revenge Killer; I have him to hit anything the Scizor can't hit.)

We can't do much without EVs and movesets and such, you're better off just posting a rate-my-team and you'll get a more comprehensive rate \o/

Hi!
I'm not really sure how to EV Pokemon. I want to EV my Rotom, and fed it lots of vitamins, but when is the stat boost going to come out? Am I doing it wrong? Thanks!

Each vitamin adds 10 EVs to whichever stat it is for (ex: Calcium adds 10 EVs to your pokemon's special attack stat.) You may not see the stat boost if you don't actually level up your pokemon, but the EVs are still there. Keep in mind you can only give 10 of each vitamin to your pokemon.

I have a question : Currently on my UU/NU team I am using a Meganium as a screen setup and Aromatheraby user, but I have been having thoughts about switching it for a SubSeed(or another Stall Version)Ludicolo, but im not sure if my team would fall apart from me taking off Meganium.

It really depends on your team, if you need screen support for a particular sweeper or are particularly vulnerable to status, then keep Meganium. Obviously, a subseeder plays a totally different team role, so without knowing what your team is it's hard to decide which would be more beneficial =(

Phoenix2389

Years
Ok Heres my team at this moment:

Ambipom(Lead):
Nature: Jolly Item:Silk Scarf
Taunt
Return
U-Turn
Fake Out
EVs:250 Atk/10 HP/250 Spe

Nidoqueen(Spiker):
Nature:Impish Item:Black Sludge
Roar
T-Spikes
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
EVs:250 HP/10 Atk/250 Def

Meganium(Screen Support):
Nature:Bold Item:Leftovers
Light Screen(sometimes Reflect)
Energy Ball
Aromatherapy
Synthesis
EVs:250 HP/50 SpD/200 Def

Minun(Passer):(Might Be getting off Soon)
Nature:Timid Item Focus Sash
Baton Pass
Agility
Grass KNot
Thunderbolt
EVs: 250 SpA/10 HP/250 Spe

Arcanine(Shiny){Choice Band Sweeper}:
Nature: Adamant Item:Choice Band
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang(Will Soon Be change to Iorn Head)
Overheat
ExtremeSpeed
EVs:250 Atk/10 HP/250 Spe

Altaria(Bulky/Sweeper):
Nature:Calm Item Leftovers
SafeGaurd
Roost
EarthQuake
Dragon Pulse
EVs: Forgot

Heres my team AuraFire

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
Ok Heres my team at this moment:

Ambipom(Lead):
Nature: Jolly Item: Focus Sash
Double-Hit
Return
U-Turn
Fake Out
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Speed

Nidoqueen(Spiker):
Nature:Impish Item:Black Sludge
Roar
T-Spikes
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Atk

Meganium(Screen Support):
Nature:Bold Item: Light Clay/Leftovers
Light Screen
Reflect
Aromatherapy
Energy Ball/Grass Knot
EVs: 216 HP, 148 Def, 144 SpA

Minun(Passer):(Might Be getting off Soon)
Nature:Timid Item Focus Sash
Baton Pass
Agility
Grass KNot
Thunderbolt
EVs: 250 SpA/10 HP/250 Spe

Arcanine(Shiny){Choice Band Sweeper}:
Nature: Adamant Item:Choice Band
Flare Blitz
Thunder Fang
Iron Head/Overheat
ExtremeSpeed
EVs: 252 Atk, 4 Def, 252 Speed

Altaria(Bulky/Sweeper):
Nature:Calm Item: Life Orb
Dragon Dance
Roost
EarthQuake
Outrage
EVs: 72 HP, 252 Atk, 184 Speed

Heres my team AuraFire

Changes I've made are in bold.

Quite frankly, your team here sucks.
Ditch Minun for something else. You don't really need a baton passer anyway.
You're also lacking a special sweeper. You can get walled quite easily without one, especially from the likes of Milotic. In the ways of special sweepers, I'd go with something using Specs.
I'm not very good with Nidoqueen, but just keep it as it is. I like the Black Sludge on it though.
Meganium needs to have both screens if it's going to be your Screen Support. Also make it hold Light Clay for extra turns your screens are up. The attacking move really depends on what you want to attack with Meganium. Grass Knot for your Rhyperior/Steelix, or Energy Ball for Dugtrio.

Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2009
Good wall??

Can anyone give me suggestions for a good grass/bug/ice wall? I was thinking of making it my lead. I have a few ideas, but I want to see what everyone else thinks first. Thx

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Can anyone give me suggestions for a good grass/bug/ice wall? I was thinking of making it my lead. I have a few ideas, but I want to see what everyone else thinks first. Thx

Ice is a terrible typing for a wall, so forget that. I guess Cloyster, Regice, Bulky Wish Glaceon and Walrein can sort of wall but the SR weakness and lack of resistance is a huge put off. Ill give sets if you want though.

Best grass type wall is Celebi

Celebi@Leftovers
252 HP / 220 DEF / 36 SPEED
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Reflect
- Thunderwave / Leech Seed / Hidden Power [Ice/Fire] / Stealth Rock
- Grass Knot

If not there a few others, like Torterra etc located here.

As for bug, again its an even worse defensive typing than ice again being SR weak. You want ones that arent SR weak, Forretress is probably your best bet but its not really a wall tbh, its more of a utility pokemon.

Forretress@Lefovers / Shed Shell
252 HP / 252 SP.DEF / 6 DEF
Impish / Careful Nature
- Payback
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock / Earthquake / Gyro Ball / Explosion

Pretty much.

Scizor with a bulky EV spread and Roost might be able to wall something but meh and then there is shuckle which i highly dont suggest using. I mean its ok i guess but eh. :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 9, 2017
Hey. I was thinking of getting myself a new Gyarados which players shouldn't expect. What do you all think of this Gyarados's moveset I chose?

Nature: Adamant
IV's: 31/31/*/0/*/31
EV's: 176 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe
Held Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Waterfall
Outrage
Thunder Wave
Dragon Dance/Protect

Any improvements on this Pokemon or is this moveset perfect?

By the way, Protect is for Double Battles.

Phoenix2389

Years
Changes I've made are in bold.

Quite frankly, your team here sucks.
Ditch Minun for something else. You don't really need a baton passer anyway.
You're also lacking a special sweeper. You can get walled quite easily without one, especially from the likes of Milotic. In the ways of special sweepers, I'd go with something using Specs.
I'm not very good with Nidoqueen, but just keep it as it is. I like the Black Sludge on it though.
Meganium needs to have both screens if it's going to be your Screen Support. Also make it hold Light Clay for extra turns your screens are up. The attacking move really depends on what you want to attack with Meganium. Grass Knot for your Rhyperior/Steelix, or Energy Ball for Dugtrio.

well taunts good for my Ambipom because i can stop Stealth Rock and T-Spikes(which is really healpful)
and my ultimate Question was weather or not to switch Mega for a SubSeed Ludicolo. I am taking Minun Off just not sure for who yet and altarias bulk has saved me alot so it wont be changed.

Back