The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Shrew
is a shrew

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadSP View Post
I did it semi-consistently for about a year and a half, trying to catch a Munchlax. Finally, when I reached the end of the game and just wanted to finish the Sinnoh Dex, I made it a priority. There were 20 trees, and you had to wait 8hrs after slathering each tree for a Pokemon to appear. It took NINE DAYS of routinely slathering honey three times a day on each tree before I FINALLY found a Munchlax. I remember it was at night, 'cause I caught it in a Dusk Ball. Grumble... 1% chance encounter rate my eye... Just over those nine days that was over 500 attempts (20 x 3 x 9), not to mention the hundreds of tries the year or two prior! More like 0.1% or less!!
What you're describing now sounds exactly like my experience. I didn't count how many attempts it took me, but I felt like it took ~2 months to find munchlax (but only slathering honey once per day.) In hindsight, I should have just used the GTS for that Munchlax
Old September 22nd, 2013, 10:16 PM
Fiery Dash

Back in year 2006, I find the idea of Honey Tree amusing and quite creative.
Reminded me of the old Headbutt Trees from GSC series.
When I first encounter them in my Japanese Pearl, I used them to hunt Combee and Burmy.
But as time progress I found it annoying, since I tend to forget about them.
Eventually I 'forget' about their existence...
Old September 23rd, 2013, 12:05 AM
Warsmith
Paranoid Murderer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadSP View Post
I did it semi-consistently for about a year and a half, trying to catch a Munchlax. Finally, when I reached the end of the game and just wanted to finish the Sinnoh Dex, I made it a priority. There were 20 trees, and you had to wait 8hrs after slathering each tree for a Pokemon to appear. It took NINE DAYS of routinely slathering honey three times a day on each tree before I FINALLY found a Munchlax. I remember it was at night, 'cause I caught it in a Dusk Ball. Grumble... 1% chance encounter rate my eye... Just over those nine days that was over 500 attempts (20 x 3 x 9), not to mention the hundreds of tries the year or two prior! More like 0.1% or less!!
Err, koff~

Just make a Snorlax hold the 'Full Incense' and breed it with a ditto. I hope you don't facepalm too hard, my friend. Or was it that you had to complete the Pokedex to be able to use the Pal Park? In that case I feel bad.

I believe that the honey trees, while good in theory, was poorly executed. Now I just roam about in Pokemon White with a number of Combee to farm honey for fun, koffi~
FROM FAITH, COMETH HONOUR.
FROM HONOUR, COMETH IRON.
THIS IS THE UNBREAKABLE LITANY;
AND MAY IT FOREVER BE SO.
Old September 23rd, 2013, 02:49 AM
OffRoadSP
Exploring Kalos

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to OffRoadSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeDrink View Post
Just make a Snorlax hold the 'Full Incense' and breed it with a ditto. I hope you don't facepalm too hard, my friend. Or was it that you had to complete the Pokedex to be able to use the Pal Park? In that case I feel bad.
I know that, but my personal rule is that I have to catch each Pokemon within the generation and complete the regional Pokedex before beating the Elite 4. So yeah, Pal Park was not yet available to me. Trust me, it was tempting to just wait and do that, but I just wasn't giving up!
Mountain Kalos Pokédex: Seen 22 Obtained 4
Kalos Medals: 71
Kalos Ribbons: 6

Old September 25th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Eevee
╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Eevee
I would do it all of the time but I'd keep forgetting about it everytime! XD I really badly wanted to get an Aipom so that's why I'd keep slathering on that honey! Otherwise I probably wouldn't have used it much.

...Never did get that Aipom. :c

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here