• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2010
First, use spoilers (just put [SPOILER*] before and [/SPOILER*] after the script, minus the asterisks), it's in the rules.
Second, I highly recommend that you switch to XSE. It's not at all hard to learn after you've gone through the Pokescript basics, it's much more efficient, far less buggy, and people won't despise you for using it.
Now, as for the script, there are a couple of problems I can see (keep in mind this isn't my forte).
First, $yup needs to be a separate segment, so move it down. Second, it would be best to have a "closeonkeypress" command before "release, end" in $finish, to get rid of that box, though I'm not sure if that command works for Pokescript or not. You can always just add another message, like "Oh, okay then," instead.
Corrections in bold, I'm doing the extra message for now.
Spoiler:

I have no idea what the #raws are for here. What was your intention with these?

So I took your advice and added the extra messsage. I am currently using XSE but this particular script was made with notepad. The #raws were supposed to make the sprite dissapear so the player couldn't keep coming back for free pokemon. I've never attempted making the sprite disappear but after a little research, that's what I found.

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Ok, so I just made this script about an hour ago, and it almost works right. The only thing is when the guy leaves he is supposed to "push" me back, so I used jump down, then he moves, but when I get "pushed" I turn and face down and jump, and the guys is supposed to leave the room, but he just dissapears before he is supposed to. Anyone know what I am doing wrong. It is my first script so I am sure it is something obvious.
Spoiler:

Edit: I figured out I needed to change the position of 3 lines to fix the early disappear issue
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@sonlen:
You forgot 'waitmovement' after those applymovement commands.
Code:
applymovement 0xB 0x88006A7
[B]waitmovement 0x0[/B]
applymovement MOVE_PLAYER 0x88006B6
[B]waitmovement 0x0[/B]

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
well, i'm new at scripting, and am following thethethethe's script tutorial, but this sign isn't working.

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $1
boxset 6
release
end
#org $1
$1 1 = Thanks for playing the\lfirst BETA of this hack.

it is for the very end of my first beta, on a sign that blocks a cave.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
well, i'm new at scripting, and am following thethethethe's script tutorial, but this sign isn't working.

#org $start
lock
faceplayer
message $1
boxset 6
release
end
#org $1
$1 1 = Thanks for playing the\lfirst BETA of this hack.

it is for the very end of my first beta, on a sign that blocks a cave.

THAT isn't working? This is why I don't use PKSV.

Maybe try putting a space between end and #org $1?
Also try just having this underneath:
= Thanks for playing the\lfirst BETA of this hack. (remove the $1 1)

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
@Nikolai Fox:
It's not PKSV, it's Pokescript.

@siper x :
It might be another problem, the script's fine. Use XSE :D

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
THAT isn't working? This is why I don't use PKSV.

Maybe try putting a space between end and #org $1?
Also try just having this underneath:
= Thanks for playing the\lfirst BETA of this hack. (remove the $1 1)

now it has this whe i removed it, and added a space

Cannot open defines.dat!

this is one of my first scripts, but when i look at the tutorial i did everything right. HELP!

Years
  • Seen May 21, 2011
Sorry, my other post got buried, so here it is again:

Hey, just wondering, but when you set a level script, then you want that sprite in the level script to vanish after you enter the area again... What do you do? I have no idea, hidesprite only hides the sprite as I finish walking out the door, so I still see it for a second or two...

Thanks for any help :)

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
Siper X:
Spoiler:

Try this out
If that doesn't work I have one more idea, but try that first.

Co500

Nostalgia Edition
Years
Siper X:
Spoiler:

Try this out
If that doesn't work I have one more idea, but try that first.

try this
Spoiler:

also mine
Spoiler:

everything works except the warp

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
try this
Spoiler:

also mine
Spoiler:

everything works except the warp

I didnt put 0x800000 just in case that slot was used.

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
I'm stuck with this script? Can you please help me?

#dynamic offset
#org @start
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

I'm noob about applymovement.. I cant make any of these script work.

Please can someone help me?

sonlen

Hacking Noob
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2011
I'm stuck with this script? Can you please help me?

#dynamic offset
#org @start
applymovement 0xFF @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @move
#raw 0x63
#raw 0xFE

I'm noob about applymovement.. I cant make any of these script work.

Please can someone help me?
here is one that works, if you have more issues let me know, your problem was that you didn't make an offset for the game to reference to.
Spoiler:

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Alright guys, gonna need an advance scripter here pronto. This isnt recomended for lightweights.

Heres the problem. when I use this script here, after it has been executed when I leave the current building, everything is black. Can someone tell me what is wrong with this script that would make it do something like that?

Spoiler:

I'm guessing my script was so epic it broke the game?

Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2011
here is one that works, if you have more issues let me know, your problem was that you didn't make an offset for the game to reference to.
Spoiler:

yes, I did that, but when i step in the script tile (the one with "s" on it.) the game freezes, i dont know how to make it work? Please help me with that?

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
Psychic, what game are you using (to determine what specials, flags and vars have been used), and there are three trains of scripts there, one for each dog. Does it crash for them all?

psychicboy

Years
Firered, and the funny thing is... The script works to perfection. I know for sure its the script crashing the game because if I dont activate it, the game doesnt crash when I leave the building.

Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017
While I have a look through the script in detail, a small suggestion. Instead of using the line textcolour over and over, incorporate that into your writing instead. It has multiple benefits.

One, you can have more than one person talk in the same message box.
Two, it makes the script smaller.

EG: [blue_fr]Nice to meet you.

Edit: I've only scanned through as I'm going out soon, but I can only imagine it's a problem with vars. Have you set the same variable multiple times, with one conflicting with eaither a tilescript, or a level script on the map that you enter after where the dogs are?

psychicboy

Years
While I have a look through the script in detail, a small suggestion. Instead of using the line textcolour over and over, incorporate that into your writing instead. It has multiple benefits.

One, you can have more than one person talk in the same message box.
Two, it makes the script smaller.

EG: [blue_fr]Nice to meet you.

Edit: I've only scanned through as I'm going out soon, but I can only imagine it's a problem with vars. Have you set the same variable multiple times, with one conflicting with eaither a tilescript, or a level script on the map that you enter after where the dogs are?

No, its definitely not conflicting with anything in the room. I'll try reducing the script size and see where that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back