• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Code: Running Shoes inside buildings

AimayBee

Mighty Spriter
Years
I wonder if you could do the same thing with the Vs. Seeker from Firered/Leafgreen.

Wouldn't it be the same thing? x

BlackHayate

Newbie who's makin a big hack
Years
@X1C377: The offsets are almos always different between versions, thats why there are tools that work for Fire Red but not Leaf Green, the creator didn't collect the offsets for both games.

Moving on; Yeh it always anoyed me that you couldnt rematch trainers just because they were indoors. Are there any places where you can't use the bike, but can use the VS seeker?

bcrobert

Lazy Antagonist
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2022
Hex editing at its finest. Changed one thing and now I can jog around the pokecenter like my character's on crack. This is some of the most applicable research data on the site. A+

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
Years
Hex editing at its finest. Changed one thing and now I can jog around the pokecenter like my character's on crack. This is some of the most applicable research data on the site. A+

I would like to propose the re-re(-re?)implementation of reputation just so that we can give witty posts like this the recognition they deserve without saying +1.

Anyway, the reason that I came here to post was that I am appalled that people don't know how to use a hex editor. It's far too easy now to make a decent hack without using a hex editor, what with programs to do the tiniest thing. Questions like "what's an offset" sadden me.

All the same, I still can not for the life of me think of something to say here that is 100% on-topic. Oh wait -

I really like this ASM hack, it makes me happy. Running around inside is always fun to do. It makes me aspire to try harder to figure out ASM, despite the fact that I've been trying to learn how to use it for at least 2 years now. (Not very hard, or for long periods of time though. :p)

Years
This seems useful, Diamond was my first non-spin-off Pokemon game, so when I first got games from gen 3 I was like "WHY CAN'T I RUNNNNN!?!?!?!?!?"

Definitely using it in Pokemon Evolution :3 Thanks Hackmew! I'll just have to look into it later when I download more Hacktools, though. For now, I don't know how to hex-edit and I don't have the right resources anyways...

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Thanks HackMew, this is a real cool tweak! I'd like to use it, too, but I hack a german FireRed, how can I find the offsets there?

droomph

weeb
Years
Thanks HackMew, this is a real cool tweak! I'd like to use it, too, but I hack a german FireRed, how can I find the offsets there?
Copy the two bytes, and a couple surrounding bytes, onto the "search" bar, and survey the results to see if they correspond, and voilà, you have the loffsets. ^^

Reygok

Beginning Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Thanks, but I just switched to the US version, has many advantages ^^ Thanks anyway :P

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
I can't find any of this in my FireRed on the HEX Editor. Is there any other way I can do this?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I keep ctrl+f-ing the offset or different parts of the code and the things says that it can't find ANY of it.

You shouldn't be using Ctrl+F (find), you need to use Ctrl+G (go to). In this tutorial HackMew has given you the offsets which you need to change to 00 rather than a line of code which you're supposed to find for yourself.

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
You shouldn't be using Ctrl+F (find), you need to use Ctrl+G (go to). In this tutorial HackMew has given you the offsets which you need to change to 00 rather than a line of code which you're supposed to find for yourself.
Well, ctrl+G won't let me use letters, it calls them invalid digits.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
I'm searching in HEX alright. That;'s the default thing it searches in.

In that case I'd suggest trying to find the offset manually by just scrolling down throughout the ROM until reaching and changing it accordingly. It is more tedious but it will definitely work.

If you don't want to do that then perhaps you could try downloading another HEX editor as the one you're using doesn't want to agree with you :P

Years
  • Seen yesterday
How would this effect the Pokémon Center link rooms (Trade Center, Colosseum etc)?
I mean would it cause bugs if you tried to run while in link with another game?

JackHack96

Intrepid Hacker
Years
How would this effect the Pokémon Center link rooms (Trade Center, Colosseum etc)?
I mean would it cause bugs if you tried to run while in link with another game?
No, I don't believe it! Try with VBA-Link!

EDIT: Ok! I've tested it with VBA-Link! Appearently there are no bugs! So, run everywhere! =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
No, I don't believe it! Try with VBA-Link!

EDIT: Ok! I've tested it with VBA-Link! Appearently there are no bugs! So, run everywhere! =)
So does the game you're linking with show the character running, and the double movement speed?
You know what? I'll see for myself.

Back