• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bob's Fire Red Patch-Revived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
Since Jonkane's ROM Base is useless because of that killer PC Bug, this could be a really interesting replacement and those cool extras just make it even better.
How's it going? It's still alive? <3

It's still alive. It's just on hiatus because I'm working on my hack.

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I'm glad its not dead can't wait to see the release I really wanna see a fire red with the expanded pokedex and with mrds patch all together keep up the good work

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
I wish people spent less time competing to produce the all-singingest, all-dancingest patch and more time making smaller patches that take care of tedious work most of us are going to want done so nobody has to do it by hand again.

Example: Both this patch and MrDollSteak's decapitalise the game. That's seriously something that should have been done once years ago and made into a patch, but instead both of you have bundled it together with other stuff without giving anyone the option of deciding whether they want it or not.

---

Giving out the National Pokédex at the beginning of the game is the wrong way to disable Fire Red's stupid region-lock on evolution, since it prevents the Sevii Islands stuff from working correctly and makes the Elite Four use their rematch teams.

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
I wish people spent less time competing to produce the all-singingest, all-dancingest patch and more time making smaller patches that take care of tedious work most of us are going to want done so nobody has to do it by hand again.

Example: Both this patch and MrDollSteak's decapitalise the game. That's seriously something that should have been done once years ago and made into a patch, but instead both of you have bundled it together with other stuff without giving anyone the option of deciding whether they want it or not.

---

Giving out the National Pokédex at the beginning of the game is the wrong way to disable Fire Red's stupid region-lock on evolution, since it prevents the Sevii Islands stuff from working correctly and makes the Elite Four use their rematch teams.
This base is for those who want it. If you don't want it, don't download it. Also, there are Fire Red decap patches out there that you can use if you'd like.
I've changed it so Pokémon an evolve without the national dex.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Ok one thing I really want to get out their. Stop picking on 'Bobsomeness'! Sure his rom isn't what you want to expect but know this, this isn't designed for everyone here. I'm sure you all familiar with Epsilons base, note one thing, he didn't make the rom to compete with other. Rom bases are made for hackers by the hackers to cut down on time and introduce certain mechanics to your hack. Stop calling it useless. Anything it's way too useful. Epsilon created his rom to completely cut down on the editing the Pokemon part of the rom( meaning less room of customizations) . Just because this rom's not about you or you don't want any features from doesn't mean you can be rude. In anything when this rom come's out I actually will be using it. Hey Bob don't worry about these guys, don't start comparing yourself with Epsilon. Your base seems awesome.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 19, 2016
I wish there wasn't so much negativity on this thread ._.
I came here to check out an interesting patch and I see all these mean comments. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" ring any bells?
Anyway, good work with this! Trying out new patches is kind of a hobby of mine while I think of new ideas for my current ROM project. Keep up the good work (:

Substitute Doll

An Alolan Exeggutor
Years
Ok one thing I really want to get out their. Stop picking on 'Bobsomeness'! Sure his rom isn't what you want to expect but know this, this isn't designed for everyone here. I'm sure you all familiar with Epsilons base, note one thing, he didn't make the rom to compete with other. Rom bases are made for hackers by the hackers to cut down on time and introduce certain mechanics to your hack. Stop calling it useless. Anything it's way too useful. Epsilon created his rom to completely cut down on the editing the Pokemon part of the rom( meaning less room of customizations) . Just because this rom's not about you or you don't want any features from doesn't mean you can be rude. In anything when this rom come's out I actually will be using it. Hey Bob don't worry about these guys, don't start comparing yourself with Epsilon. Your base seems awesome.

I'll disagree on that, because people can add it on their own time, and I belive this patch is for people who can't do anything but rely on others to do it for them.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
I'll disagree on that, because people can add it on their own time, and I belive this patch is for people who can't do anything but rely on others to do it for them.

Ok... just what man! Why are people so hell bent on hating on Bob and his patch? What has he done to you want to hate his patch!? I am baffled to see this much hate on a good base that isn't even out yet!
Oh dont even think i will forget you made that last comment about this being for people who can't do anything because you walkd into a trap. Go to epsilons base and hate it, go on, because that base has more than what bob is doing. Go on to Epsilons and say its useless too oh and if you don't then you will be refered as a hypocrite on this and on any another base forum I find you on. Infact why stop on epslions base, why not go to other bases as well such as LCCCOOLS emerald 615 base or any base that anybody has made!! Yea why dont you go to dollsteaks base and call it useless too huh! Because what he did can't be done by people who dont have hex and asm knowledge so it its a base for people who cant do anything on asm right!? Stop hating a base that isn't even out! Go hate somewhere else.

(Disclaimer: Epsilon, lccool, dany, spheal and mrdollsteak, I dont hate any of your bases infact i love them, i just needed to make a point and if you see this guy hating on your base please be open to call him out)

Substitute Doll

An Alolan Exeggutor
Years
Look, I don't want to turn this into a rant of "I'm going to make fun of him because he hates this patch," but look.

1. I love all the other patches, like Epsilon's and LC's
2. PLS USE THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF POKEMON, like LC's patch has 650, not 615
3."Go on to Epsilons and say its useless too oh and if you don't then you will be refered as a hypocrite on this and on any another base forum I find you on. Infact why stop on epslions base, why not go to other bases as well such as LCCCOOLS emerald 615 base or any base that anybody has made!! Yea why dont you go to dollsteaks base and call it useless too huh! Because what he did can't be done by people who dont have hex and asm knowledge so it its a base for people who cant do anything on asm right!? Stop hating a base that isn't even out! Go hate somewhere else." Look. I am not hating this patch, but that is what I feel.

You're going to turn this page into a rant. STOP.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Look, I don't want to turn this into a rant of "I'm going to make fun of him because he hates this patch," but look.

1. I love all the other patches, like Epsilon's and LC's
2. PLS USE THE CORRECT AMOUNT OF POKEMON, like LC's patch has 650, not 615
3."Go on to Epsilons and say its useless too oh and if you don't then you will be refered as a hypocrite on this and on any another base forum I find you on. Infact why stop on epslions base, why not go to other bases as well such as LCCCOOLS emerald 615 base or any base that anybody has made!! Yea why dont you go to dollsteaks base and call it useless too huh! Because what he did can't be done by people who dont have hex and asm knowledge so it its a base for people who cant do anything on asm right!? Stop hating a base that isn't even out! Go hate somewhere else." Look. I am not hating this patch, but that is what I feel.

You're going to turn this page into a rant. STOP.

Hey! You're the one how started the rant by being a hypocrite and called this base for people who don't know how do anything yet you proclaim that you love epslion and lccool's base yet they do much more what Bob is doing. Almost everyone on this base thread have hated this from the start just because of hypocritcal reason you can think. Alright i didn't start a rant, you became a hater. If you don't want to use this base or you do don't like it then don't call it for people who are lazy or can't do anything. No hate is apreciated, critizism might be but hate isn't. Look around this entire forum of rom hacking, you will see thousands of tools and basses designed to cater to specific needs.I have even seen a base that changes just two bytes so running shoes can be used in doors. Kirby remember this thing, it's that no base is useless and all bases that have been created have been for anybody, even the indie hackers who just started. Think about this, how did you get into rom hacking, because you saw awesome hacks and wanted to it yourself right? And thats were you saw tools and basses yourself and from there you got into more advanced, so for goodness sake I'll tell this to in a polite way... you trying to call it for lazy or new people and try to stop this base from coming out means your stopping potential devolpment and quality of rom hacks so just please, stop hating.

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years
Is such patch actually necessary?

Really? This is basically changing one single byte and takes like one minute.

And this is setting one flag at the beginning of the game which takes around 2 minutes.

This sounds familiar...Oh right! MrDollSteak made a patch providing new moves, abilities and items.

I presume you're thinking about IV glitch which is also a matter of few byte changes.

Again, DollSteak's Patch.

This is something new I guess but does it mean that the items available in Pokemarts has been changed? Even though some people may indeed like these changes, there's a high possibility others will not.

And, the last one which I omitted.

I'm not sure if I'd say quite a few of these . There's a Fire Red 870 which is unfinished and full of bugs. There's also Unnamed Fire Red 721 Project which has all Pokemon up to 4 gen, new evolution methods and some other features. I think Jambo made a patch like this in the past but I'm not certain at this one.
Anyway, what I want to say is there's no reason for people to download your patch because there's either a better alternative or the changes can be very easily made by themselves.

Woo...wo..wo... man relax! Chill!

Heard about freedom??

And anyways some people are bad at hex editing... what is the problem if he made it easy huh?

And all those who are about to write something' bad or quote me..
IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO RESPECT THEN PLEASE DO NOT DISRESPECT

...And that was a request :)

Last edited:
Years
Woo...wo..wo... man relax! Chill!

Heard about freedom??

And anyways some people are bad at hex editing... what is the problem if he made it easy huh?

And all those who are about to write something' bad or quote me..
IF YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO RESPECT THEN PLEASE DO NOT DISRESPECT

...And that was a request :)

Everything except 721 pokes could be done in 10 minutes. No need to make a patch for something that can be done so quickly. And now that there is finished 721 patch(plus the one Epsilon is working on), this one simply becomes unnecessary.

Micael Alighieri

Helix Boo / Lord Kaktus, ex-member from Whack a Ha
Years
  • Seen May 24, 2017
Everything except 721 pokes could be done in 10 minutes. No need to make a patch for something that can be done so quickly. And now that there is finished 721 patch(plus the one Epsilon is working on), this one simply becomes unnecessary.

It would be all logic except for the fact that 721 patch is corrupted and not available for now (I don't care about the future, if this can happen now, there's a chance for it happening again in the future). Furthermore, the remaining patches are glitched, as it keeps raining during battles, so nowadays there isn't a viable patch like the one you're talking about. Don't misunderstand me, but having more options prevents problems like this one.

ARKA9

The evolved police dog.
Years

And yes, that is the problem!

There is no point in telling something to a guy who does not wants to listen.

You are most welcome to criticise in a decent manner. And I am not only pointing you out, there are others who use language that can hurt someone.

Maybe Epsilon is working on a "All 721 pokemon patch" (and I admire him for this) but this does not make it his copyright. And all 721 pokemon plus some more features can be quite useful.

So, please be selective and careful while choosing words.

*NO OFFENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back