• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON DARK PURPLE

WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD USE ON THIS HACK?

• ORIGINAL FIRE RED TILES

Votes: 20 28.2%
  • DIAMOND AND PEARL TILES

Votes: 33 46.5%
  • OTHER

Votes: 18 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
Liking the new updates, although there are the few people doubting this hack, I am behind this one. Also I see a few spelling mistakes in screenies, people thing that they are a turn-off to hacks.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
i understand your point of view these screens where taken at all different times in the progress of the game i tried to give it my own tutch if you dont like it doesnt matter you dont have to like i care more about game quality and enjoyment of playin then grafics tiles or said maps .i dont work at game freak im not a hacking genious but i just enjo hacking so im going to keep doing it. and about the bush in the tree thank you for pointing that out i fixed it my bad and ive only been hacking for a month and im advancing in my skills not becuase of my tools witch are great but becuase i have dedication so my hack will be done soon and it will be fine weather or not you critisize

There is a reason why people criticise, you know. To make you improve. I said all of that, because I want you to improve, and become better. If you think I said it because I can, you are deeply wrong. If you want to improve quality, first of all, fix your grammar, and 2nd of all, take all constructive criticism to heart. I said it to make you better, and to improve quality. Your own touch may be good, but needs improving. By then taking all this in, and making maps more natural looking, more people will enjoy it.

Also, criticism is what points out errors, mistakes, or poor things. So, criticism helps you way more than you think.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
i understand your point of view these screens where taken at all different times in the progress of the game i tried to give it my own tutch if you dont like it doesnt matter you dont have to like i care more about game quality and enjoyment of playin then grafics tiles or said maps .i dont work at game freak im not a hacking genious but i just enjo hacking so im going to keep doing it. and about the bush in the tree thank you for pointing that out i fixed it my bad and ive only been hacking for a month and im advancing in my skills not becuase of my tools witch are great but becuase i have dedication so my hack will be done soon and it will be fine weather or not you critisize

Excuse me? He was trying to help, giving out constructive critism. And he was totally right, but if you are being childish and won't accept it, its not his fault.
And learn how full stops and kommas work.

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
thanks. i do like the support but im not it expecting this hack to even get into show case but ill try. but if anyone knows how to change the back sprite of my player in battle...help!

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
thanks. i do like the support but im not it expecting this hack to even get into show case but ill try. but if anyone knows how to change the back sprite of my player in battle...help!

This is just... What? If you are making a hack, you will want it to be good, right? By saying "I don't expect it to be in Showcase", you are being negative. Think positive. Don't "try" to get it in the Showcase, "aim" to get it in the Showcase!

Search Simple Questions, or Documents and Tutorials. There is a tut there.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
This is just... What? If you are making a hack, you will want it to be good, right? By saying "I don't expect it to be in Showcase", you are being negative. Think positive. Don't "try" to get it in the Showcase, "aim" to get it in the Showcase!

Search Simple Questions, or Documents and Tutorials. There is a tut there.

I'm sick of saying you're right, Banjo.

M4CK_M4YN3, let me tell you something. If you aren't confident, you will never finish a hack. If you don't know what people want in a hack, wou will also fail.
Good luck.

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
i mean this is my first hack im expecting too much but if i does do good an get tpo showxase thats awsome but i wont be dissappointed if it doesnt i just enjoy making it

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
i mean this is my first hack im expecting too much but if i does do good an get tpo showxase thats awsome but i wont be dissappointed if it doesnt i just enjoy making it

OK, that is a better attitude. I know how hard it is with a first hack. I wish you all the best. However, (this advice is too late) before starting a hack, try making maps and getting them rated, then you know how to improve, and what tile does what. Also, learn how to script at least basically. Many hacks have gone bad as the owner needs a scripter, and most scripters who help new hacks are... Well, not too good. (No offense to them)

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
i have basic scripting down i use advance text its really basic though so i downloaded pokescript but im clueless on how to work pokescript i need a tutorial but i found ssome but the "teachers" where idoits and telling me how to make useless scripst im trying to make a some good scripts for my antagonist team chaos leader but i ned help but thanks for the support ill be adding maps on the map rating... haha i didnt even know they had that

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
im sorry for the wait but i will be posting more i just got out of incarseration so yay im back but i hope to have mt scripting done by the end of this week YAY:)

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hmm... needs a bit of work if you ask me... the routes still resemble the original ones from FR/LG, Namely Route 1, and the city above it...

In any case, if you really want this hack to shine, change the shape a bit more... read a mapping tutorial too... it is needed...

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Nice touches on the Title Screen. But something I picked up on besides mapping and scripts were that the Starters were Larvitar and Dratini. You might want to pick different starters, because:

1. They take a LOT of Exp. to level up
2. They don't really have decent moves early on at level 5, and leveling them up would be a pain, unless you had easy trainers for a good duration.

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2012
Nice touches on the Title Screen. But something I picked up on besides mapping and scripts were that the Starters were Larvitar and Dratini. You might want to pick different starters, because:

2. They don't really have decent moves early on at level 5, and leveling them up would be a pain, unless you had easy trainers for a good duration.

thanks for the advice any suggestions on what pokemon to use as starters?

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
Originally Posted by Hedgehogger

He could just change their stats and EXP speed to resemble the original starters. -.-
I must say that the hack doesn't look very good. Insert the tiles properly(There are for example steps which are going down and look the same as the ones going up),and don't insert the DPPt tiles because it looks crap at GBA standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back