• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate My Team

butterbiscuit

Potential!
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
A friend of mine and I have been putting together a team to use, and this is what we've come up with: any constructive criticism is welcomed heartily.

205.gif

Item: Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

-Toxic Spikes
-Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Gyro Ball

----------------------------------------
233.gif

Item: Eviolite
Ability: Download
Nature: Modest

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD

-Thunderbolt
-Tri-Attack
-Psychic
-Recover

461.gif

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

-Pursuit
-Ice Shard
-Low Kick
-Night Slash

609.gif

Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Modest

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Fighting)

350.gif

Item: Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
Nature: Calm

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA

-Scald
-Ice Beam
-Haze
-Recover

472.gif

Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Impish

EVs: 252 HP/184 Def/72 Spe

-Earthquake
-Facade
-Protect
-Toxic

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Porygon2 can't learn Calm Mind. But it can opt for a wall set:
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Ability: Trace

Make Milotic Bold, since its special bulk is high enough already (and use 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk).

butterbiscuit

Potential!
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
Porygon2 can't learn Calm Mind. But it can opt for a wall set:
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Thunder Wave/Toxic
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Ability: Trace

Make Milotic Bold, since its special bulk is high enough already (and use 252 HP/252 Def/4 SAtk).
Oh, okay. The guy I was working with said it was able to learn it. Thanks for the information- I'll probably replace it with Toxic.

I don't think I'll change it into a wall: I was planning for a tank setup. With the Eviolite on, its minimum Defense is 281 and minimum Special Defense is 294. I don't think I really need to improve that too much on its own, I'll just focus on HP and SpAtk.

I'll take your ideas on Milotic into consideration, as well; I see your point with the EVs.

Anyone got any ideas on the sixth Pokemon? I'm not sure on that.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Oh, okay. The guy I was working with said it was able to learn it. Thanks for the information- I'll probably replace it with Toxic.

I don't think I'll change it into a wall: I was planning for a tank setup. With the Eviolite on, its minimum Defense is 281 and minimum Special Defense is 294. I don't think I really need to improve that too much on its own, I'll just focus on HP and SpAtk.

I'll take your ideas on Milotic into consideration, as well; I see your point with the EVs.

Anyone got any ideas on the sixth Pokemon? I'm not sure on that.

If you're using Porygon2 as an offensive tank, then Tri Attack can go over Toxic for a STAB move and Download should be the ability. Thunder Wave/Toxic and Trace are for wall sets.

butterbiscuit

Potential!
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
If you're using Porygon2 as an offensive tank, then Tri Attack can go over Toxic for a STAB move and Download should be the ability. Thunder Wave/Toxic and Trace are for wall sets.

Yeah, that's what I have up there already. I'm not entirely sure if I want Recover or Toxic on there at this point, but I'm leaning toward Recover.

In type effectiveness, I only see a couple of holes that could potentially be filled by the last slot there. The holes remaining would be Flying and Electric, and a Rock/Ground type Pokemon seems to fit that well.

Got any ideas on filling that void?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Yeah, that's what I have up there already. I'm not entirely sure if I want Recover or Toxic on there at this point, but I'm leaning toward Recover.

In type effectiveness, I only see a couple of holes that could potentially be filled by the last slot there. The holes remaining would be Flying and Electric, and a Rock/Ground type Pokemon seems to fit that well.

Got any ideas on filling that void?

For Porygon2, I can see that you used Psychic. Wouldn't Ice Beam be better, since it provides good coverage with its other 2 moves?

As for your last slot, how about Gliscor? It's another physical wall you can use when Forretress goes down:
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade
-Protect/Taunt
-Toxic

butterbiscuit

Potential!
Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2013
For Porygon2, I can see that you used Psychic. Wouldn't Ice Beam be better, since it provides good coverage with its other 2 moves?

As for your last slot, how about Gliscor? It's another physical wall you can use when Forretress goes down:
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang/Facade
-Protect/Taunt
-Toxic

I was contemplating Ice Beam at first, but Milotic already had Ice Beam, so I thought I'd use Psychic to add even greater coverage, though I can see where you're going. Porygon2 needs his own individual coverage.

Okay, I can see that working. I'll put him in. Thanks.

Back