• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Thats not what I really meant. How do you set it up, like making what its weak or good against? I also cannot find your IPS patch. I looked at one of your tutorials, and saw that you had all of the types listed, and that there was one unknown. If I could, I would like to change that type. If you could help me find variables to change it so that its weak to certain types and strong against others.

Coolboyman made a guide on how to do it. Just repoint the weaknesses/resistances table and go to town on that bad boy.

My patch is here.

Without assembly, the ??? is useless offensively, as it is neither physical nor special. As far as I'm aware, it's also impossible to add new Physical types without ASM.

And finally, the weakness/resistance chart is full of operands, hex, digits... variables are completely different things. Sorry to nitpick.

While I'm here, is NO$GBA worth buying? I'm getting increasingly annoyed with VBA-SDL-H and it's asinine interface. Or is there any other alternatives? A VBA with a simple "add breakpoint" button added to the disassembler would be awesome.

Destrozone

Finally Flyin' Solo
Years
Coolboyman made a guide on how to do it. Just repoint the weaknesses/resistances table and go to town on that bad boy.

My patch is here.

Without assembly, the ??? is useless offensively, as it is neither physical nor special. As far as I'm aware, it's also impossible to add new Physical types without ASM.

And finally, the weakness/resistance chart is full of operands, hex, digits... variables are completely different things. Sorry to nitpick.

While I'm here, is NO$GBA worth buying? I'm getting increasingly annoyed with VBA-SDL-H and it's asinine interface. Or is there any other alternatives? A VBA with a simple "add breakpoint" button added to the disassembler would be awesome.

Okay, thanks for that. Now, one last stupidquestion before I am probably gone from this thread forever. What are the numbers in UNLZ for the type pictures in Pokemon Fire Red? Like, where do I find the picture FIRE which is displayed in a pokemons information section?

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
In ruby how do I change the poochyena that you fight when you get your first pokemon to a different pokemon?

you have to analyze that script and search for the "wildbattle" command. Then change its first parametre with the number of the pokemon you want

I tried that...

There is no "wildbattle" for that script. I think it's one of the specials. I need to change poocheyena to a pidgey.

Also does anyone know how to deit the battle tower trainers because I looked at the script and they dont have the trainer battle thing.

I know that I have to be getting anoying but please I need to change the poocheyena

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2009
Excuse me,
How do you change the name of the game for example if you like to change pokemon fire red to
Pokemon fire within.
and how to make a warp place for example where can you change or put warps and sprites..
plsss help me...
If you can TY..

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Excuse me,
How do you change the name of the game for example if you like to change pokemon fire red to
Pokemon fire within.
and how to make a warp place for example where can you change or put warps and sprites..
plsss help me...
If you can TY..

for the name thing you can edit the title screen with unzl. If you mean change the actual rom header there is a tool somewhere that does it. As for the warp thing I have no clue what you mean but you would probably have to use advance map and a scripting tool. (xse is the best right now)

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
Okay, thanks for that. Now, one last stupidquestion before I am probably gone from this thread forever. What are the numbers in UNLZ for the type pictures in Pokemon Fire Red? Like, where do I find the picture FIRE which is displayed in a pokemons information section?

They're right at the end of the rom, 08E-something.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2009
Does anyone know why FR keeps restarting every time I check player stats? I inserted new sprites but checked the 'abort if too big' option. Any other reason why it may restart?

Also, is it possible to find a script offset from a text pointer? I replaced the wrong script in A-map and saved over it because of my outstanding intellect.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Okay, that may be a thread with the numbers, but not the numbers that I want. Can anyone anywhere find the numbers for the little type boxes that show up in a pokemons box? if you can I would never need any more advice ever again. I need to find those type boxes!!!

Just look through it with unzl. its there somewhere.

Cy-Chan

GSC Hacker
Years
I have looked 3 times now. No types. Theres statuses, like burn and poison, but no types. Any ideas?

I believe all the types are held within one image. Use Tile Molester instead.

You are hacking Fire Red, right? I recall that I couldn't find them when looking through RSE.

Andryandrew

Italian Asm Hacker
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 4, 2015
How do I make an obedient Mew in Fire Red??
setobedience 0x[pkmn party's number]

Also, is it possible to find a script offset from a text pointer? I replaced the wrong script in A-map and saved over it because of my outstanding intellect.

mmm... yes, you can: do a research in the rom for the pointer of the text (if you doesn't know what's a POINTER, its simply the offset flipped adding 08 at the end, Ex: ABCDEF is a Offset, EFCDAB08 is its pointer). So, you find the istruction msgbox. Then, substract 2 and you find the offset of the msgbox instruction in your script.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back