The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Strategies and Movesets

Notices

Pokémon Strategies and Movesets Post your team lineups, get your team rated or rate other teams, talk about lineups, talk about moves/movesets, strategies, etc. For general talk about the games, go to the respective Pokémon game forums.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 11th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Cranky Crobat
Foie Gras Connoisseur

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
Hey everyone! Last year at the regional championships, I went totally unprepared but made it to the final round and got 8th place. This year, I want to prepare and go to the tournament and hopefully be more successful. So here is my team for this year:

1. Azelf @ Choice Band
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed
- Explosion
- Zen Headbutt
- U-Turn
- Fire Punch

The strategy here is send Azelf out with Gengar, and on the 1st option to attack explode! That is just to cause as much damage possible right off-the-bat.

2. Gengar @ Choice Specs
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Energy Ball

All Gengar is meant to do is find the trainer's strongest Pokemon left and attack it mercilessly hopefully killing it before it gets Gengar. Choice Specs are used for added power. The reason I start with Gengar is because it is the only strong Pokemon that is immune to Explosion and can still pack a punch after Azelf has done its work.

3. Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack
-Surf
-Water Spout
-Blizzard
-Thunder

Kyogre will predominantly switch in after Azelf goes bye-bye. Water Spout is my main source of damage, significantly damaging Pokemon neutral and weak to it. Surf is used when its HP gets too low. Blizzard is for those pesky dragon types, and Thunder is used as accurate power in the rain.

4. Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Evs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp. Attack
-Grass Knot
-Thunder
-Aura Sphere
-Psychic

Mewtwo is used as my late-game clean-up. Grass Knot annihilates the like of opposing Kyogre and Groudon. Thunder, hopefully the rain is still in effect, is used on Palkia and flying types. Aura Sphere helps with Dialga and other steel types, and then Psychic used for just sheer force.

Thanks! I would love constructive criticism but please take this to mind, I am still in the Juniors. Thanks again in advance!

Other Pokemon:
Pidgey @ Metronome
Nature: Mild
evs: 252 Sp.Def
- Tackle
- Tailwind
- Fly
WILL NOT USE THIS! I JUST LIKE IT ANYWAY!

Tailow @ Iron Ball
Nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Sp. Def.
-Tackle
-Peck
-Tail Whip
-Fly
WILL NOT USE! FORUM RULES THAT YOU HAVE SIX COMPLETE SETS. ONLY REFER TO THE TOP FOUR PLEASE! Thanks!

Last edited by Cranky Crobat; September 11th, 2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old September 11th, 2010, 09:30 PM
shot571

Ok dude Im not too good with VGC. But as far as I can remember Choice items arent too good in doubles. And you have it on half your team .You can be put in a very bad situation easily.
Old September 11th, 2010, 11:36 PM
Impo
Vital Spirit
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
protect is a given in doubles,
they will see your explosion tactic immediately,
be prepared for it to backfire.

...Let's play a game...
3DS FC: 3411-1566-9347
Paired to Naya Rivera & ShiningRaichu
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Cranky Crobat
Foie Gras Connoisseur

Shot571- What items do any of you guys recommend over the choice items?

Impo- Thanks for the tip! Should I keep that strategy, dump Gengar and change Azelf's move set, or teach one of my Pokemon Protect?

Thanks for the help!
Old September 12th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Dark Azelf
ThisWillBeTheEndOfEveryth ing.
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Uh what is the point in preparing for VGC when you know, you dont even know the rules or if it will be for B/W lol ?
Pair x [23:25] =Sanguine: take meh with your mighty staff
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Cranky Crobat
Foie Gras Connoisseur

Why would it be any different though? One would think that they keep the rules for at least one year before completely changing it again. Anyway, I would still like the constructive criticism. You did bring up a great point though. Thanks!
Old September 12th, 2010, 07:24 PM
Kianna
blip blip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranky Crobat View Post
Why would it be any different though? One would think that they keep the rules for at least one year before completely changing it again. Anyway, I would still like the constructive criticism. You did bring up a great point though. Thanks!
If it is for Black and White, which I'm guessing it will be; even if the rules don't change, don't forget that you may need to adjust your team for new threats in the metagame. If I were you, I would wait a year and get to know the new Pokes/moves/mechanics. They might even do it in triple battles next year, you never know. :o

1891~7666~4950

Killin' time and it kills me back
& I'm lost in space and I got no map
They're pushin' me down tryin' to break my back
Baby you're so cold

Old September 13th, 2010, 03:31 AM
Cranky Crobat
Foie Gras Connoisseur

Great idea! Are there any comments on my actual team? I would be glad if you commented on that. Thanks a lot everyone who has helped me so far!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here