• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Technical question

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I fear that there is something wrong with my messaging. Ive messaged a few people and they reply with it saying it came in blank. Wondering who I need to talk to about this?

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
I am still having issues with messages receiving and going out blank. Is there something that can be done about this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Hello Zereul, first off, there's a button for you to click in any forums you want to. This is it -->
newthread.gif

Click it & you can create a new thread. Hope this helped.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Please don't double post or go off-topic, guys.

Anyways, mind detailing what sort of messages you are trying to send to people? (PM or VM for instance)? Would probably be of more use to any staff that can check out that issue. More details the better on what you are trying/how.

Years
I think the issue is that they're not seeing any messages in their Sent box for their PMs, and they think that means they're messages aren't going out. The reason for this is a User CP setting that's turned off by default when you join, and this setting saves messages you send to others in your Sent mailbox, but I don't remember where in the User CP you go to turn it on. Oh, wait, never mind. I found it.

OKAY, AdrianD, open the main page of the forum in a new tab, then click on User CP in the upper left-hand corner, and in the drop-down menu that appears, click on "Edit Options". On the page that this opens, scroll down to the middle of the "Messaging & Notification" box on the right-hand side of the page. In view should be a smaller box inside that one titled "Private Messaging". In order to have messages you send save to your Sent box, the last checkbox in this box needs to be checked. It should say something like "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default". If it is not checked, click the checkbox to check it. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" to make this change apply to your settings. Then, send me a private message, and then check your "Sent Items" box. I will let you know if I actually received it by replying to your message. Though how long you'll have to wait for a reply will depend on how soon from now you send it.

If this doesn't fix the issues you're having, then we'll need to know more details about your problem.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Please don't double post or go off-topic, guys.

Anyways, mind detailing what sort of messages you are trying to send to people? (PM or VM for instance)? Would probably be of more use to any staff that can check out that issue. More details the better on what you are trying/how.

PMs When I send them they wind up being blank sometimes. Other times I put it in the middle of a quote *facepalm* But more often its blank

I think the issue is that they're not seeing any messages in their Sent box for their PMs, and they think that means they're messages aren't going out. The reason for this is a User CP setting that's turned off by default when you join, and this setting saves messages you send to others in your Sent mailbox, but I don't remember where in the User CP you go to turn it on. Oh, wait, never mind. I found it.

OKAY, AdrianD, open the main page of the forum in a new tab, then click on User CP in the upper left-hand corner, and in the drop-down menu that appears, click on "Edit Options". On the page that this opens, scroll down to the middle of the "Messaging & Notification" box on the right-hand side of the page. In view should be a smaller box inside that one titled "Private Messaging". In order to have messages you send save to your Sent box, the last checkbox in this box needs to be checked. It should say something like "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default". If it is not checked, click the checkbox to check it. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" to make this change apply to your settings. Then, send me a private message, and then check your "Sent Items" box. I will let you know if I actually received it by replying to your message. Though how long you'll have to wait for a reply will depend on how soon from now you send it.

If this doesn't fix the issues you're having, then we'll need to know more details about your problem.

Ok i'll try that. Thanks.

Last edited:
Back