• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Okay, I'm having a very weird problem that's already caused me to start my hack over three times from scratch. I'm working on a Fire Red rom, and a certain (and totally random!) points, my character will stop moving and the music will die away. This forces me to reload the rom, because after this, the character won't budge. And also, even when the rom is reloaded, the problem persists... It's like an invisible barrier, or something!

I've tried everything I can think of, and I'm confident that I'm not doing anything that would cause this kind of problem... Please, does anybody know what I could to fix it?

Are you sure that it isn't the ROM that you are working on was corrupted to begin with?

Because I've never encountered this problem, and haven't heard of it, either.
Does it happen with your backups, too?

...you do have backups, right?

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
Okay, I'm having a very weird problem that's already caused me to start my hack over three times from scratch. I'm working on a Fire Red rom, and a certain (and totally random!) points, my character will stop moving and the music will die away. This forces me to reload the rom, because after this, the character won't budge. And also, even when the rom is reloaded, the problem persists... It's like an invisible barrier, or something!

I've tried everything I can think of, and I'm confident that I'm not doing anything that would cause this kind of problem... Please, does anybody know what I could to fix it?

Can you show us a screenshot of the events in A-Map?
And also the movement permission.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
How do I make certain wild pokemon alone appear?

For example, Lugia at Whirl Islands appears itself.

I want to make Shellder appear itself at lvl 30. How do i do this?
(Pokemon Gold, continues below)

also, how do i change the cries of the starter pokemon when you are about to choose them? And how do you change the text on them?

also, how do i change the pictures of the title screen? i wanna make a shellder-based title screen.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
I have searched for a while, but I cannot find any answer to this question.
Is there a map/script editor compatible with Mac OS X? I know I can run A-Map under Darwine in OS X, but I would appreciate something that would run natively rather than through emulation. Also, there are no script editors for OS X as far as I am aware.

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
I'm not totally incompetent, you know, guys... I know all about movement scripts and scripts - besides, those wouldn't prevent me from doubling back! I'm also positive that the Fire Red rom isn't corrupted... I've downloaded it from Coolrom.com, and I haven't done anything that could corrupt it. I do have backups, I think. Are you referring to the one that VBA automatically creates, or a copy of the Fire Red rom stored in a different location? But sure, I'll provide several screenshots:

Here I am, walking along as primly as you please...

Screen1-1.png

But wait! Something's happened! I'm frozen in a walking position!

Screen2-1.png

Events of Viridian City:

Screen3-1.png

Movement Permissions of Viridian City:

Screen4-1.png

===

So, yeah, if you have any ideas at all, it would be a huge help to me!

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
I'm not totally incompetent, you know, guys... I know all about movement scripts and scripts - besides, those wouldn't prevent me from doubling back! I'm also positive that the Fire Red rom isn't corrupted... I've downloaded it from Coolrom.com, and I haven't done anything that could corrupt it. I do have backups, I think. Are you referring to the one that VBA automatically creates, or a copy of the Fire Red rom stored in a different location? But sure, I'll provide several screenshots:

Here I am, walking along as primly as you please...

Screen1-1.png

But wait! Something's happened! I'm frozen in a walking position!

Screen2-1.png

Events of Viridian City:

Screen3-1.png

Movement Permissions of Viridian City:

Screen4-1.png

===

So, yeah, if you have any ideas at all, it would be a huge help to me!

There's something wrong with the route above, it appears.

Not exactly sure how, but it seems the data is corrupted.

Open up the route to the north in Profession Header View mode in A-Map.

And open it up in another clean ROM, from a different source.

Check for any differences.

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
That's not a bad idea... Still, I've looked at it, and I can't find anything that would make a difference:

Here are the events for the original Route 2 from a (Clean!) Rom:

Route2Original.png

Here are the events for the slightly edited Route 2 from my Rom Hack:

Route2Edited.png

I can't spot any differences that would cause this kind of a problem... It's like I'm cursed, or something similarly undesirable...

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
What do i use for the palletemap of the POKEMON FIRERED LOGO in NTME?
Tried using 0 like panda said but the 5th color of the pallete replaces my entire titlescreen..

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
What do i use for the palletemap of the POKEMON FIRERED LOGO in NTME?
Tried using 0 like panda said but the 5th color of the pallete replaces my entire titlescreen..

You COULD just rip the tilemap from the ROM, and look at it in NTME yourself...
That way you could not only see it, but change it how you see fit...

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
Years
That's not a bad idea... Still, I've looked at it, and I can't find anything that would make a difference:

Here are the events for the original Route 2 from a (Clean!) Rom:

Route2Original.png

Here are the events for the slightly edited Route 2 from my Rom Hack:

Route2Edited.png

I can't spot any differences that would cause this kind of a problem... It's like I'm cursed, or something similarly undesirable...

First off, check the level scripts as well.

Then, like I said, open up the map information in Professional Header View and check for any differences.

Also, get a new rom from a different source.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
What's the script offset for Prof Birch's talk in the intro for Emerald?

And no, don't suggest AdvanceText. AdvanceText sucks.

Saiba Aisu

Sophistiqué
Years
Okay, various things I'd like to address:

Ash, what are you suggesting? I can't think of anything that would have tampered with the connection between Viridian City and Route 2.

Ninja, how do I check the Level scripts? I'm not familiar with those. Also, how do I access Professional Header View?

And alright, I'll download a Fire Red Rom from a different source... Which would you suggest?

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
I want to make national dex (instead of normal region pokedex) available at the start of ruby game

What changes should i do in the script?

Originally Posted by Forgotten Memory

PokéScript
#raw 0x11 0x02 0x00 0x6B 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x03 0x01 0x6B 0x02 0x02
#raw 0x11 0xDA 0xBE 0x4E 0x02 0x02 0x11 0x67 0x5A 0x6A 0x02 0x02

XSE
writebytetooffset 0x2 0x2026B00
writebytetooffset 0x3 0x2026B01
writebytetooffset 0xDA 0x2024EBE
writebytetooffset 0x67 0x2026A5A

Not 100% sure but i think the xse commands are not valid for new version

Also i am using advance map and xse and Script editor but i am not able to find the script where pokedex menu is activated.

1) Pls some can tell me the correct commands and where to place it to activate national dex in Ruby at the start!!!!

2)Also is there any other program other than a-trainer to edit pokemon of trainers and
gym-leaders

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
is there a tool for Diamond and Pearl that edits RIval's pokemon other than Sebbe's Trainer Editor?

Sebbe's Trainer Editor works properly, just a problem.

I replaced a pokemon and saved. I then clicked the x button and clicked to see it again. When i saw it again, it became a Blastoise and right after i saw it it got an error and closed. :/

So, is there a tool other than Sebbe's Trainer Editor that can edit the pokemon of the rival? (DP!)

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
is there a tool for Diamond and Pearl that edits RIval's pokemon other than Sebbe's Trainer Editor?

Sebbe's Trainer Editor works properly, just a problem.

I replaced a pokemon and saved. I then clicked the x button and clicked to see it again. When i saw it again, it became a Blastoise and right after i saw it it got an error and closed. :/

So, is there a tool other than Sebbe's Trainer Editor that can edit the pokemon of the rival? (DP!)

Yeah a hex editor. Hex editing trainers in D/P/Pt has been documented more than once in the documents and tutorials forum, so there you have it. :3

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
...OTHER than hex editors aswell..

Seriously, I wont use a hex editor, as i dont know how to use it. :/

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
Okay, various things I'd like to address:

Ash, what are you suggesting? I can't think of anything that would have tampered with the connection between Viridian City and Route 2.

Ninja, how do I check the Level scripts? I'm not familiar with those. Also, how do I access Professional Header View?

And alright, I'll download a Fire Red Rom from a different source... Which would you suggest?
there are 5 tabs Map-Movement-Event-Wild Pkmn-Header. Click on the header one and open the script. Click Ctrl+H(or P I forgot) and it will switch you to professional mode:D Hope I helped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back