• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OU RMT - Looking for Help

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
I took a bit of a break from Pokemon competitive battling, and now I'm back. I had a couple battles with my old teams, but they weren't really working out. One of my teams that previously had a record of 17-5 lost a lot of battles. Anyways, I came up with a new team, but I honestly don't think it's going to do well. That's where I need help. I already have the team completely planned, but I need some suggestions to improve it. That's where you guys come in.

The Team:
376.png
sprite.php
94_gengar_1_m.png
infernape_sprite.png
sprite.php
sprite.php

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Adamant nature
252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Bullet Punch
Earthquake
Explosion
Stealth Rock

Your average Stealth Rocking Metagross lead. I can deal with pretty much every lead in the OU (With the help of Starmie) and set up SR. Pretty self explanatory.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid nature
4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
Thunderbolt
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin

Starmie can help out numerous members of my team. It pairs well with Metagross lead wise, as the pair have good synergy lead wise. With Rapid Spin, it can remove the entry hzards that would otherwise plague Gyarados and Infernape. It also pairs well with Gengar offensively, due to the fact that they have similar counters and one eliminating/weakening a counter, or counters.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid nature
4 Def/252 Sp.Atk/252 Spe
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fire
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

Gengar serves as one of my team's special attackers. This Gengar has very little counters, but those that do counter it are dealt with to a degree by Flygon and Infernape. It also pairs well with Gyarados because it can eliminate its counters. Again, it pairs well with Starmie due to similar counters.

Infernape @ Life Orb (So... Many... Life Orbs...)
Naive nature
252 Atk/64 Sp.Atk/192 Spe
Close Combat
U-Turn
Overheat
Stone Edge

This Infernape obviously functions as a wall breaker, helping out Gengar with its sweep and destroying teams weak to it. It also has good synergy with Gyarados, as they can weaken their similar counters to allow each other an easier sweep. Other than that, this is pretty self explanatory.

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Adamant nature
252 Atk/4 Def/ 252 Spe
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Stone Edge

Gyarados is the main physical sweeper of this team, being able to 1 or 2 hit ko most Pokemon in the OU. Pretty self explanatory, as this is a DD set. I prefer Earthquake over Ice Fang because I can KO Breloom, Dragonite, Flygon, and Gliscor with Starmie's Ice Beam.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant nature
252 Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Spe
Earthquake
Outrage
U-Turn
Stone Edge

Flygon functions as my revenge killer. It can also function as a check to many Pokemon that could destroy my team, such as Life Orb Starmie if it gets to outspeed my Starmie. Pretty self explanatory.

Yeah, I know, this team is probably terrible, but that's why I posted it here - To make it better.

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
You forgot to mention your Gyarados in your team rate, but it is in your sprites.

You also have too many EVs on Infernape, so go ahead and change that.

I'll come back once that's taken care of and hopefully give a full rate, I'm really tired atm lol

Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2010
I would exchange your Thunderbolt in Starmie and put a Recover. It's very helpful

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
Nice team you got there. The one samll thing I would suggest is maybe replace Occa Berry on Metagross with a Lum Berry. This will allow you to beat Machamp/Roserade/Smeargle leads, though you do lose out on the ability to beat Infernape and Azelf leads that carry Fire Blast, but lets be fair, you've got Starmie to sponge the Fire attacks.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
Years
  • Age 30
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 19, 2016
One thing I forgot to mention was if you do choose Lum Berry, you'll have to switch out Earthquake for Meteor Mash, since you can no beat Fire types.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
Years
After play testing this team a bit, I've run into a problem - Scarfed variants of the Rotom forms can completely obliterate me. The only way I could beat one is spamming Flygon's Stone Edge. How should I deal with them? They're very common from what I've been seeing...

Cheeky Beaver

@ techloom clause
Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2011
The only real counter to a scarf rotom is a scarf user of you're own. You already have that in flygon. A max spA rotom forme's shadow ball will inflict just over 50% on your flygon. Your flygon's stone edge is a definite 2HKO, therefore you just need to land 2 consecutive stone edge's to kill it. So to answer your question, you don't need to change anything.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
The only real counter to a scarf rotom is a scarf user of you're own.

Wrong.

Heatran, Tyranitar are the best offensive checks and anything with a sp.def staf of over 2 not weak to their attacks is a good check to them. Sp.Def Roserade walls them and so does Shaymin who can also take attacks with Natural Cure and Rest. Shaymin can be offensive too.

Back