• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

X & Y :Anime and Game Release

Years
Hey guys have you learned recently that the X and Y anime saga is airing along with the release of X & Y Games... What are your thoughts about this... Please Discuss them here.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I've heard that the Japanese airings will begin in October around the games' release date, but I haven't heard anything about simultaneous release for the anime. Sources please?

Years
I've heard that the Japanese airings will begin in October around the games' release date, but I haven't heard anything about simultaneous release for the anime. Sources please?
Check Bulbapedia which else. They posted an article about this yesterday

Really? In America and Japan at the same time? or only in Japan?

I don't have any problem with that! I would love to Explore Kalos along with Ash and Co haha :)
Too bad Japanese anime will be airing with the release of X & Y games...

Last edited:

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Sounds cool, also here is a new rumor for it:

* Series is titled "Pocket Monsters HI-FIVE". [ポケットモンスターハイファイブ], signifying the fifth series of the animated show.

* New Animation Style. Satoshi retains the Best Wishes-styled eyes, but the art style is more "modern" and "fluid", brings to mind the style used in the Black 2 and White 2 Anime trailer. Makes the characters look slightly older.

* Satoshi and Pikachu return. Satoshi's new outfit is primarily red-and-white. Wears a futuristic-looking belt holding Pokeballs, and has the bracelet the XY Protagonists wear. Will catch Keromatsu (Froakie) and Yayakoma (Fletchling) at some point, and brings his Zuruggu (Scraggy) and Nokocchi (Dunsparce) with him.

* Dent and Iris do not return.

* New Female Lead is named Wakana [ワカナ]. Curly blond hair, and wears a frilly white and pink dress. An idol-type character who travels with Satoshi to advance her singing career. Has a Purin (Jigglypuff) and both Fokko (Fennekin) and Harimaron (Chespin), the three of which perform with her. Megumi Han is said to be voicing her.

Male Lead is named Gou [ゴウ]. Tall young man who wears a blue bus-driver uniform, with spiky black hair that sticks out beneath his hat. Tour guide who joins Satoshi and Wakana on their journey and is knowledgeable about the Kalos Region. Has a Gogoat. Akira Ishida is said to be voicing him.

* The Rocket-Dan return full-time. Return to more humorous antics and regular appearances. Sonansu (Wobbuffet), Koromori (Woobat), and Desumasu (Yamask) return. Have a new re-occurring persona called the "Rocket Band", as Musashi desires to becomes an idol singer.

* New Professor is named Professor Ryoubu [リョウブ博士]. Younger, male Professor with a sweater over his labcoat and a fluffy pompadour haircut. New Rival is named Shizuka [シズカ], female rival with a "gothic" look. Rival to both Satoshi in battle and Wakana in singing. Owns a new Pokemon named Gororai [ゴロライ], drum-shaped imp with drumstick horns.

* First three episodes will focus on each protagonist separately. Episode 1 involves Satoshi journeying to Kalos where he's framed for stealing the Starter Pokemon by the Rocket-Dan who disguise themselves as him. Episode 2 involves Wakana staging a small concert but runs into issues when her Pokemon have difficulty mastering their choreography. And Episode 3 involves Gou and Gogoat losing their job as tour guides and searching for a new job.

* First three episodes set to air October 10th as a special 1 and 1/2 hour show.

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Guys seriously I have no idea where you're getting this information. Don't just run 'round talking about things unsourced! Show me where this info is coming from. All I know for fact is that it's starting in October.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The rumor comes from a /vp forum, someone posted it elsewhere and i posted it here.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Okay, that's your source then. Please add it into your post next time.

So these are just things people have made up on /vp. They have no basis from anything like... employee's blogs, magazine scans, anything like that. There is no other source for these detailed rumors.

Well that's a bit crap, then. I've been told similar stuff already and just... no. I doubt all of this.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Almost no rumor has a legitimate proof that they are legit though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I will say that in the APril or May Corocoro, Ash does look a bit older, I can't find the picture right now, but I can say, he does indeed look a little bit older.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Actually, many rumors do have basis in fact. But this just appears to be people making crap up for the sake of it or imagining what they'd like to be true.

If we're going to talk about what we'd like... I want Cilan to stay. I want the dark-skinned, dark-haired girl protagonist to be the main girl. I want contests back. I want Ash's main rival to travel with a group. I want his main rival to be the main girl's twin brother. I want better story, better use of characters, more backstory and depth. I want more Pokémon interaction and training and working on skills. I want more creative use of terrain and moves in battle. I want the 4-move limit to once again be abolished. I want a fourth person in the main cast, and I want her to be another girl. I want Ash to age a bit and become a mentor-type to the new girl(s).

I ain't saying any of that will be true. I'm not claiming it has any basis in anything. I'm not pretending it's a rumor, because it's not. Rumors are things that are widely circulated and believed. These are just my wishes.

And Iceman if you find it, do post it! It's sometimes hard to tell if it's the art style or an actual attempt at ageing- in last Thursday's episode the entire main cast looked inexplicably older so you know.

Last edited:
Years

* Series is titled "Pocket Monsters HI-FIVE". [ポケットモンスターハイファイブ], signifying the fifth series of the animated show.

* New Animation Style. Satoshi retains the Best Wishes-styled eyes, but the art style is more "modern" and "fluid", brings to mind the style used in the Black 2 and White 2 Anime trailer. Makes the characters look slightly older.

* Satoshi and Pikachu return. Satoshi's new outfit is primarily red-and-white. Wears a futuristic-looking belt holding Pokeballs, and has the bracelet the XY Protagonists wear. Will catch Keromatsu (Froakie) and Yayakoma (Fletchling) at some point, and brings his Zuruggu (Scraggy) and Nokocchi (Dunsparce) with him.

* New Female Lead is named Wakana [ワカナ]. Curly blond hair, and wears a frilly white and pink dress. An idol-type character who travels with Satoshi to advance her singing career. Has a Purin (Jigglypuff) and both Fokko (Fennekin) and Harimaron (Chespin), the three of which perform with her. Megumi Han is said to be voicing her.

Male Lead is named Gou [ゴウ]. Tall young man who wears a blue bus-driver uniform, with spiky black hair that sticks out beneath his hat. Tour guide who joins Satoshi and Wakana on their journey and is knowledgeable about the Kalos Region. Has a Gogoat. Akira Ishida is said to be voicing him.

* The Rocket-Dan return full-time. Return to more humorous antics and regular appearances. Sonansu (Wobbuffet), Koromori (Woobat), and Desumasu (Yamask) return. Have a new re-occurring persona called the "Rocket Band", as Musashi desires to becomes an idol singer.

* New Professor is named Professor Ryoubu [リョウブ博士]. Younger, male Professor with a sweater over his labcoat and a fluffy pompadour haircut. New Rival is named Shizuka [シズカ], female rival with a "gothic" look. Rival to both Satoshi in battle and Wakana in singing. Owns a new Pokemon named Gororai [ゴロライ], drum-shaped imp with drumstick horns.

* First three episodes will focus on each protagonist separately. Episode 1 involves Satoshi journeying to Kalos where he's framed for stealing the Starter Pokemon by the Rocket-Dan who disguise themselves as him. Episode 2 involves Wakana staging a small concert but runs into issues when her Pokemon have difficulty mastering their choreography. And Episode 3 involves Gou and Gogoat losing their job as tour guides and searching for a new job.

* First three episodes set to air October 10th as a special 1 and 1/2 hour show.
Man this is too much. Where in the Earth have you found such news... Just a question apart from my excitement. Ash has not any Dunsparce then why have you mentioned it????

I will say that in the APril or May Corocoro, Ash does look a bit older, I can't find the picture right now, but I can say, he does indeed look a little bit older.
That would be great if they finally make Ash elder. people are dying to see him more grown up now

Actually, many rumors do have basis in fact. But this just appears to be people making crap up for the sake of it or imagining what they'd like to be true.

If we're going to talk about what we'd like... I want Cilan to stay. I want the dark-skinned, dark-haired girl protagonist to be the main girl. I want contests back. I want Ash's main rival to travel with a group. I want his main rival to be the main girl's twin brother. I want better story, better use of characters, more backstory and depth. I want more Pokémon interaction and training and working on skills. I want more creative use of terrain and moves in battle. I want the 4-move limit to once again be abolished. I want a fourth person in the main cast, and I want her to be another girl. I want Ash to age a bit and become a mentor-type to the new girl(s).

I ain't saying any of that will be true. I'm not claiming it has any basis in anything. I'm not pretending it's a rumor, because it's not. Rumors are things that are widely circulated and believed. These are just my wishes.

And Iceman if you find it, do post it! It's sometimes hard to tell if it's the art style or an actual attempt at ageing- in last Thursday's episode the entire main cast looked inexplicably older so you know.
The story seems to twist a bit if a rival travels with a hero along with his journey. I got to disagree with this theory

Last edited:

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years

Well... I guess he looks a LITTLE older but I wouldn't make a huge fuss about that scan. I mean, he doesn't look much different to me to be honest.

With the new arc being about the Dara-something Islands and Cilan saying that he wanted to explore Kanto to become a better Connoisseur I'm beginning to doubt that he will stay in the anime for the X and Y arc, even though I have to admit he is one of my more favourite characters. I hope I'm wrong though.

I don't think the US and the Japanese anime will release the anime at the same time. I mean, I gueds the dub isn't that far behind the actual episodes but I don't think it would be able to catch up by the time the X and Y series start.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The story seems to twist a bit if a rival travels with a hero along with his journey. I got to disagree with this theory
Dude the entire point of my post was that it is not a theory. That's my XY anime wishlest. And I didn't say the rival should travel with Ash at all. Basically your entire comment is incorrect.

Cause it was in a summary for an upcoming episode that Ash tries to catch a Dunsparce
source please?

Well... I guess he looks a LITTLE older but I wouldn't make a huge fuss about that scan. I mean, he doesn't look much different to me to be honest.

With the new arc being about the Dara-something Islands and Cilan saying that he wanted to explore Kanto to become a better Connoisseur I'm beginning to doubt that he will stay in the anime for the X and Y arc, even though I have to admit he is one of my more favourite characters. I hope I'm wrong though.

I don't think the US and the Japanese anime will release the anime at the same time. I mean, I gueds the dub isn't that far behind the actual episodes but I don't think it would be able to catch up by the time the X and Y series start.
1) agreed. I think it's just a slight art style difference.

2) I was hoping for an interlude in Kanto since Cilan expressed interest in it, but Decolora is dragging on a lot longer than I expected. But I do think he might stay on for XY because Kalos is so French/European and his whole profession is based in that kind of culture.

3) Also agreed. If they do end up doing simultaneous release of XY, I'm pretty sure all or most of Decolora would be cut from dub release. But I doubt that would happen.

Years

Cilan will stay in Kalos and that is final//// Well the US Dub episodes can never catch up with the japanese for many reasons but I am sure whole Dekorora would be aired in US as well. Dekorora is Good. I really like to see the new gang traveling in Islands. Reminds me of Orange Islands too

Dude the entire point of my post was that it is not a theory. That's my XY anime wishlest. And I didn't say the rival should travel with Ash at all. Basically your entire comment is incorrect.
Then Sorry Sorry Sorry I misunderstood. Will you forgive me then??? :P

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017

I do hope this isn't true at all since it is a rumor after all, i do hope Iris and Cilan both stay for the X&Y anime series.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I hope they leave, i don't really like cillian and iris is alright. I hope they bring back one of the old companions for it or bring in completly new people for it.

Back