• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Your holly jolly mood should be around a while. It's not even December 1st.

And you should solo Ditto, wildy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I really want to participate in more challenges but I don't have the games to do them with and I dislike playing on ROMs. If I get desperate enough though I might, and I do have FireRed I could restart as well I guess ...

That said I did restart my White and started a challenge. There was no such challenge for what I was doing though and since I was unsure if anyone would participate I decided 'oh well. no will know my progress woe'

Years
I really want to participate in more challenges but I don't have the games to do them with and I dislike playing on ROMs. If I get desperate enough though I might, and I do have FireRed I could restart as well I guess ...

That said I did restart my White and started a challenge. There was no such challenge for what I was doing though and since I was unsure if anyone would participate I decided 'oh well. no will know my progress woe'

If you have a DS you should consider getting an AceKard (no one yell at me, downloading Pokemon Roms is perfectly legal if you already own a physical copy which I'm sure you have a few)

You can play Gameboy and Gameboy color games on it as well as DS games

The perfect solution for those with unavailable game slots and as I said legal if you put games you already own on it

Anywaaayyyyyy Syd is trying to steal X-mas by making me wait forever for an X-mas challenge

imma pout

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
If you have a DS you should consider getting an AceKard (no one yell at me, downloading Pokemon Roms is perfectly legal if you already own a physical copy which I'm sure you have a few)

You can play Gameboy and Gameboy color games on it as well as DS games

The perfect solution for those with unavailable game slots and as I said legal if you put games you already own on it

Anywaaayyyyyy Syd is trying to steal X-mas by making me wait forever for an X-mas challenge

imma pout
Alas, All we have here are DS Lites. but maybe if I ever get the 3DS I want I can consider getting one.

And yeah, I know. But for all generations I don't really have any extra cartridges. Makes me wish I didn't give away Sapphire haha. So yeah. All I have is FireRed, White, and I guess Platinum if I can find it. I'm good with sticking to the current Challenge I have on White; at Twist Mountain right now on it.

Years
There is an acekard for every version of the DS

Anyyywaaaayyyy I started a new challenge, it's simple, yet entertaining if anyone wishes to give it a try, I decided to use green version since I've never played it before

omg

this is the worst translation ever, I don't understand how this could have happened? Was Red and Blue not out prior to this translation or something?

Some of the sprites are creepy but are actually really good almost yellow version quality

Years
^^I think that you, and also BinaryPeaches, should tell us your challenge ideas! I enjoy simple and new challenges, so you guys should definitely share! :D

Also, for the Christmas Event challenge, maybe we d=could do something relating to stockings? You'd have to have a team of six, and half the team would be "presents," meaning you'd have 3 awesome pokemon, and the other three would be "coal" and would be NFEs or whatever. Feel free to elaborate. My most basic idea is that you have something negative relating to coal. Lol

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Or coal like...three Pokemon you hate. We could have like...a list of various types of presents and then various types of coal and then someone could assign them their six, with three of each.

Example:
Presents:
Favorite Pokemon
Pokemon with your favorite move
Legendary with BST under 600
In-game trade Pokemon
Fossil Pokemon
Coal:
Least favorite Pokemon
NFE Pokemon
Ugly Pokemon
Pokemon with bad moveset

Something to that nature. That's just what came off the top of my head. I kinda like this one, as people will end up with...interesting teams. XD We're getting closer and closer to December, so this is probably my favorite suggestion and if nothing else comes to mind, I think this would work best. Very simple, plus my Ruby version is free to do a challenge now. :)

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Or coal like...three Pokemon you hate. We could have like...a list of various types of presents and then various types of coal and then someone could assign them their six, with three of each.

Example:
Presents:
Favorite Pokemon
Pokemon with your favorite move
Legendary with BST under 600
In-game trade Pokemon
Fossil Pokemon
Coal:
Least favorite Pokemon
NFE Pokemon
Ugly Pokemon
Pokemon with bad moveset

Something to that nature. That's just what came off the top of my head. I kinda like this one, as people will end up with...interesting teams. XD We're getting closer and closer to December, so this is probably my favorite suggestion and if nothing else comes to mind, I think this would work best. Very simple, plus my Ruby version is free to do a challenge now. :)
Sounds good to me. Shouldn't gift pokemon be included in the Presents category though? And for Coal...ummm...there prolly should be another option...

Wait, maybe a black colored pokemon? although that doesn't really fit the theme of "bad".

How about pokemon used by the evil gang in your game? Grunts only, so we don't have people using the leader's pokemon, which can be awesome at times.

These aren't the greatest ideas, but they're something :P

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Oh the Christmas Challenge sounds good! Already thinking on what I can use on FireRed if I find it and decided to do this challenge (forget about the normal monotype I already have on it haha. I could always try that challenge again afterwards).

As for the Challenge I'm doing on my White it's pretty simple? Just choose a Pokemon Trainer from the Anime (so different from the PWT one) and use their team to complete the game. If they're a character that goes across different regions use the team that they have in said region, and if it's a character where you see them gain Pokemon throughout (like Ash) you start using the Pokemon when they started using them. Also same movesets as the Pokemon and such as well if possible. /o/; On my White I'm doing none other than Ash's Unova team so I'm balancing ten Pokemon and using whatever Pokemon he used in ___ gym in the anime at that gym. For the Elite Four I'll use the first six we see him use in the league/know he will use in the league. Yup ... i'm a dork.

11wildy

Me!
Years
I like the christmas event idea!

But how about for Coal a Pokemon that always gives you trouble in-game in some kind of way? Maybe when you use it, maybe when you are put against it, maybe because you keep seeing it or something like that?:)

Years
Interesting Challenge idea BinaryPeaches! I would do that, but mehhhh dtoo much looking things up lol. And I have NO free games at them moment :(

As for the Christmas event (if that's what we're going with) I agree with the format you have Sydian, a list of 3 present options and a list of three coal options. (with a bonus that you must use delibird if playing GSC/HGSS) I think we should have a *gift list* of presents (so maybe 6 guidlines for a pokemon you have to use (i.e. 600 BST legendary, pokemon of your favorite type, in game trade etc.) and you pivk three of them for your challenge. For ones like "pokemon of your favorite type" you'd say your type, and the person posting below you would assign you your pokemon based on whuchever *presents* you've chosen. We'd do the same with a list of 6 for the coal, you pick 3 and the person below assigns you your pokemon.

I feel like this way it has more of that gift-giving spirit, (think of the person posting below as your secret santa) and also, who always receives presents that were on the top of their list? ;) I think this adds a bit more fun than assigning your own, and stops you from giving yourself a tangela in BW2 or something for your coal *NFE pokemon.* (since tangela is good already, PLUS eviolite :P) I don't think people would really abuse it, but just in case.

And if you're worried about having to wait for someone to respond, I don't think that will be an issue, as the last event got like 5 posts a day! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds good to me. Shouldn't gift pokemon be included in the Presents category though? And for Coal...ummm...there prolly should be another option...

Wait, maybe a black colored pokemon? although that doesn't really fit the theme of "bad".

How about pokemon used by the evil gang in your game? Grunts only, so we don't have people using the leader's pokemon, which can be awesome at times.

Oh, I really like these ideas! :) Thank you!

If anyone else has ideas for what can be a present and what can be coal, feel free to VM or PM them to me. I gotta work on the MOTY stuff tonight as well as posting the challenge. Sorry the challenge is so rushed btw. XD But I'll try to think of some other stuff as well. Since everyone seems to be on board with this stocking thing, then that will be it and I'll try to have it up around midnight CST! :)

edit: or tomorrow morning because i am really tired night night. btw, MOTY challenge ballot is up, so please vote everyone! the GPGD ballot is up in PGC so please vote in that one as well. night night birdies.

Last edited:
Years
I recently made a challenge, yet its hardly getting attention...

Is there someway I can advertise it? I'm thinking of making a link in my signature.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
A link in your sig and posting about it here is really all you can do. Or talking about it in #swablunest, but the chatroom I started months ago was pretty unsuccessful, so even if you go in there, you'd be talking to...well, no one haha.

Speaking of advertising though, everyone make sure you vote in the MOTY ballots! There are section specific ones here in Challenges and the ballot in PGC covers the other four forums of GPGD and neither of them have gotten much attention. And also make sure to vote in the main MOTY ballot in Other Voting Polls to represent our little corner of Challenges! :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You have to consider that usually these types of challenges based on certain or all stats are generally not popular. We've had similar challenges in the past and they had a bit of popularity for a while and died off, or they didn't get many people at all. You also have to consider that there's an event going on so a lot of people want to work on that, as it's only here for a month, so there's a limited time to finish. So that's going against you, but I'm sure you'll see some activity soon. :( Also, December is a busy time of year with those of us that work, and there's Christmas stuff and finals so yeah.

Years
It's fine... I could wait, I'm quite a patient person. I just wanted a little attention, that's all. And hey, I can't blame them for participating in the Stocking Stuffer.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Just remember, threads in the Challenge forum are considered dead after two months as opposed to one month in the other forums on PC, so you have plenty of time to raise activity in your challenge. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back