• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fanfic] Digiland Yard

Years
Digiland Yard

This fanfiction is more suitable for 13 years old people or older.
It contains mild coarse language and some violence.

The fanfiction's theme is Digimon.

Prologue

Zene walked down the ground street. Her sandals were dirty. She was a nineteen years old girl, was black and had a short hair. She wore jeans and a T-shirt with tropical colors that was loose because it was given to her by her older sister. It was five o'clock p.m. The street was empty. Suddenly a guy appeared from behind of a house and stopped on her way. He was much taller than her.

"Hello, sweetie" he said with a naughty smile.
Zene knew the only thing she had to do at that situation was running, so she began to ran. He pursued her. Suddenly they heard a neigh. A winged horse wearing a red mask with a horn was flying in the sky. It was going directly to where the man was, who turned around and fled. The horse landed letting the man go away. Zene ran and hugged his neck.
"Unimon, I love you so much!" she said.
Surprisingly the horse opened his mouth and spoke with a human voice.
"I love you more, Zene."
"Let's get out of here together!"
"And to where shall we lead?"
"To the Digital World."
"I'll follow you wherever you go."

The Digital World was an aside universe. It was an entire new world with forests, mountains, plains, seas and digimons. Digimons were computer programs, but had feelings and thoughts just like humans. Their former habitat was the Digital World, but when bridges between it and the Real World began to appear, digimons began to escape to the humans' universe, and humans began to enter the digimons' world. Unimon was a digimon.
Zene heard about a portal to the Digital World not too much far from where se lived. She traveled with Unimon days and nights, the mare carrying her on her back, stopping sometimes to rest. After a long journey they reached the base of the great mountain. The portal was at the mouth of a volcano. It could be very dangerous to be there during an eruption, so she hoped it would not happen when she would cross the portal.They rested one last time before leaving the Real World and flew to the mountain's top. Arriving there they felt the powerful heat of the lava. Looking down the hole the could see it, red and melted, but there was no sign of a portal. Actually Zene was not sure about how it should look like. For a moment she considered the possibility that there was no portal there and it was a lie. But Unimon noticed something strange. Down the volcano's mouth, near the lava, there was a weak light. It was a trail of light forming a circle. It shall be this thought Zene. She mounted on Unimon's back and they made their last flight before entering the Digital World descending the volcano's hole. The heat was almost unbearable. When they were about to reach the light circle the lava began to approach them faster. The volcano was erupting! Unimon flapped her wings frantically trying to reach the portal. The lava was almost swallowing them and then they crossed the light circle.
The lava disappeared though the heat was still pursuing them. They were now flying over a huge green plain. Everywhere pink and yellow flowers appeared. They saw far from them a row of dog size ladybugs flying. At the other side a giant sunflower with legs, arms and a face walked slowly.
"We managed to do it! This is the Digital World!" exclaimed Zene joyously.
The sunflower was walking towards them.
"Hello!" it said "My name is Sunflowmon. What's yours?"
"I'm Zene! Nice to meet you!"
"I'm Unimon!"
"Welcome to the Digital World, Zene and Unimon!"
"Thank you!"
"I'm very happy! I can see kindness in you!" suddenly her smile disappeared as she saw something behind Zene "Oh no! Picodevimons! They're here again."
Zene and Unimon turned around. A gang of monster bats came flying. As they flew they threw syringes at the flowers and the grass that pricked them and made them putefry instantaneously. Zene was shocked.
"Why are they doing this?" she asked.
"They are virus digimons. They kill and destroy for fun."
Zene never imagined that there could be such kind of cruel digimons.
"And does nobody do nothing about it?" she asked.
"I can't confront them. Together they are stronger than me." said Sunflowmon.
"We have to do something, Unimon." said Zene.
"You're right, Zene." she answered "Let's stop them."

Chapter One
The Yarders

The Charge Plains were quiet at the moment Ray and Centarumon crossed it. Centarumon was a digimon with human form above his waist and a horse form below it. He also had a cannon instead of his right hand. Ray was over his horse back. He was a young man with a long brown hair and old clothes. Centarumon was galloping quickly. They approached a small village of little houses made of clay.
"Are you seeing somebody?" asked Centarumon.
"No." said Ray "Not even the residents..."
The digimon stopped at the first line of houses. Ray dismounted and started walking around.
"Hello! It's us Ray and Centarumon!"
Some doors opened. Small digimon got out and approached. Yuki Agumon, a small lizard digimon spoke:
"Welcome yarders. We were awaiting for you. Thanks for helping."
"You're welcome Yuki. You know you can count on me and Centarumon." said Ray "What's going on? Having trouble with the robber Goblimons?"
"Oh, we can deal the Goblimons. It's something bigger that's scaring us."
"A really big bad guy." said Pumpkinmon.
"He took the smallest ones and told us to give every provision we have or we wouldn't see them again!"
"Ok, what's his name?" asked Centarumon.
"We... We don't know his name." said Yuki Agumon "But he look's naughty and has a strange weapon. And he lives up the mountain."
"So let's go there. Come on Ray."
"Be careful." said Yuki Agumon.
When they were alone climbing the hill by the village's side Ray said:
"I'm a little aprehensive. They didn't tell us much about the enemy's power."
"If there was someone stronger than me by this surroundings we would have heard about him before." answered Centarumon.
"This guy looks like someone new on this surroundings."
"It doesn't matter how much power he has. I'm not going to let him do any harm to the babies."
"Shh, I heard something."
They stopped and listened. There were two guys talking.
"Are you sure they were five?"
"Of course I'm sure, I picked them!"
"Are you sure you know how to count?"
"What?! You are suggesting I don't?"
"Well, you never really engaged in learning it well..."
"You're a bastard! But... it doesn't matter. We'll give them back just this four little ones."
"Hello! Here!" said a low voice near Ray and Centarumon. They looked up. Climbed up on the top of a rock there was a little green bug with a spiked shell covering the lower part of his body.
"I managed to escape from them!"
"Ok, you stay with me." said Ray, seizing him.
Walking silently they followed the voices' trace until a cave, and hidden by a gravel watched the scene. An adult red devil digimon was sat down out of the cave. Inside of it there was a human teenager and four in-training digimon grouped at a corner.
"Let's go. I pick two and you pick two." said the devil.
"Ray..." whispered Centarumon.
"Ok." said Ray.
Centarumon jumped from behind the gravel and pointed his cannon in the direction of the devil.
"Give the kids back!" he said.
The devil laughed.
"Why should I obey you?"
"Because if you don't I will pulverize you."
"Hahaha! You are kidding!"
"No, he's not." said Ray, stepping into their sight.
"Ah, so there is the one you lost!" said the teenager when he saw the digimon in Ray's hands.
"The one I lost? What were you supposed to do, shouldn't you watch them too?" said the digimon.
"Let's stop this fool talk and give the kids back now or you'll get in real trouble." said Centarumon.
The devil digimon picked a trident on the floor.
"Now" he said "let's see who is going to get in trouble. Mark!" he turned to the teenager.
"Ok, Boogeymon! Let's begin! Boogeymon, point directly to his chest!"
Boogeymon ran towards Centarumon and attempted to hit him with the trident spikes. With a rapid movement Centarumon hold the trident's cable. He seized up the trident with Boogeymon grabbed to it and threw them aside. Then he pointed his cannon in Boogeymon's direction.
"Hunting Cannon!"
A big light ball was shot from his cannon and passed over Boogeymon, hitting a rock behind him that exploded. A dust cloud was left in its place. Fallen on the floor Boogeymon saw it happening. He got up and his eyes were opened wide.
"S- sorry! You can take the kids back to the village." he said.
"Did you notice a change, Centarumon?" said Ray "Now you go and join your friend under Centarumon's vigilance."
"Yes sir." said Mark sarcastically and walked away.
"How did they treat you?" asked Ray to the four in-training and baby digimon in the cave.
"They look scary but they don't bite." said a Koromon.
"But their food is terrible." said a Nyaromon.
"Centarumon will carry you down the mountain. But before we go, we need to talk to those guys."
He turned to face Mark and the Boogeymon.
"Never do something like this before, do you understand?"
"Yes." said Mark.
"Make a promise."
"We promise not to do it again."
"If we and Centarumon know you are doing something wrong again you'll learn that yarders aren't always so merciful."
Mark and Boogeymon opened their eyes wide.
"You are yarders?" said Boogeymon.
"Yes. And this is our protected territory." said Centarumon "Do not mess around here again."
"We are leaving right now. Don't worry." said Mark.
"You can go now." said Ray.
Mark and Boogeymon turned away and left.
Ray and Centarumon went back to the village with the baby digimon. They were received with happiness. The kids soon were taken to receive care, even though they weren't hurt. Ray and Centarumon were applauded. Yuki Agumon said:
"Thank heaven we have you yarders to protect us."
"It's rewarding to help." said Ray smiling "If you need us again don't hesitate in calling us."
Ray mounted Centarumon.
"Bye!" said Centarumon.
"Bye!" answered the village digimon.
"See you!" said Ray.
Centarumon galloped away to Charge Plains.

Last edited:
Years
Just want to comment before posting the chapter, what a lovely furret in the like button, i love furrets. (I'm new in the forum)

Chapter Two
The Steal of Dreams

Ray and Centarumon were going to a mission again. This time they would meet another yarder at Buffer Canyon. His name was Thomas. He sent a message to Ray's mobile calling him to a very much serious issue but didn't told more about it. Ray knew him from time enough to tell he shouldn't be lying.
Finally at the point where the valley begins to go down between the canyon's walls three figures came to sight . There was someone with Thomas. As they got nearer they could see who were.
"I can't believe this..." said Ray.
Thomas accompaniers were that teenager Mark and Boogeymon. Thomas was a tall young man with curled, black hair. His digimon was a small brown beast with three horns and ears longer than his body and pink at the end. His name was Lopmon and he was climbed on Thomas' shoulder. As Centarumon approached them and stopped, Ray dismounted and spoke:
"Hello Thomas. What are these two guys doing here?"
"Hello Ray. I found them wandering over Stream Valley and asked them to join us. We're gonna need all help we can get." said Thomas.
"Hello Lopmon." said Centarumon.
"Hello Centarumon." he answered.
"Don't worry, we're not causing trouble anymore." said Mark "Right Boogeymon?"
"Yeah, we're being lovely good guys." said Boogeymon.
"With this naughty face you have I don't believe you but let's put this aside for a while." said Ray "Keep in mind you will have to obey Thomas and me."
"I would ask you what you are talking about but there's no time now." said Thomas.
"So what's going on Thomas?"
He sighed.
"Well, a guy named Devimon stole Dreams."
"Dreams?"
"Yeah, that's the name of it. I don't know exactly what they are but they are objects that have some kind of power. This power may become dangerous in Devimon's hands, so we have to retrieve the... Dreams."
The wind began to blow fast.
"A reliable informant told me Devimon is hidden in a cave over there." Thomas pointed to the valley below "I was waiting you to go there."
"So what's the plan? We get inside and fight him? What if he uses this power he has in hands against us?"
"I'm sure he doesn't know how to use it yet. But it's a matter of time until he discovers it... That's why we need to act immediately."
"Right. Let's go now."
They went down the valley until the canyon rocky walls became a frame to the blue sky. After walking for a long distance they found a small entrance in the rock.
"It must be here." said Lopmon.
They entered the cave. They walked nearly fifteen feet with the roof very low so the tall ones had to walk with the heads lowered and then they arrived at a high roof space. It was a large, dark corridor. It wasn't possible to see its end due to the darkness. They began to progress cautiously. It was possible to hear their steps echoing through the cave. There was no other sound and there was not sign of anyone else being there.
Mark began to spoke:
"It's too..."
"Shh!" did Thomas "And try not to make sound when walking."
They continued, stepping carefully. The cave was very long and they could only discern vaguely the walls at each side of them. Suddenly Thomas stopped. The other continued to walk. Thomas was looking up, where it was so dark that nothing could be seen.
"Did you hear, Lopmon?"
"Yes, i heard too."
Something was falling quickly. Two big figures landed between Thomas and Lopmon and the others. They were two tall, furred monsters with big feet and hands with sharp claws at the end of long arms. One of them was facing Thomas and the other one was facing Mark and Ray.
"There are two Devimons!" said Boogeymon.
"No. These are Wendigomon. They must serve Devimon." said Centarumon.
Wendigomon laughed. Then he said:
"You'll die here."
"I'm inclined to believe you." said Boogeymon.
"All right! Boogeymon, shut up and distract him! Centarumon, prepare to attack!" shouted Ray.
"Hey, Boogeymon must receive orders from me!" said Mark.
"Just obey." said Centarumon.
"Ok!" said Boogeymon resigned, then he advanced against their Wendigomon "C-come and... get... me."
Wendigomon raised his large clenched fist above his head and with a powerful blow hit hard the floor as Boogeymon avoided it by few inches. The soil quaked.
"Now Centarumon!" shouted Ray.
"Hunting Cannon!"
He shot a ball of light from the cannon in his right arm that hit Wendigomon full. The monster grunted and frowned in pain.
During this time Thomas was facing the other Wendigomon. Lopmon jumped from his shoulder, and in the air spoke:
"Lopmon digivolves to... Turuiemon!"
Lopmon was covered in light. His forms grew larger an taller then the shine went out. He had transformed into a fighting human-shaped lilac rabbit. He now wore yellow clothes, a neckerchief and gauntlets - red gloves with small steel sharped points attached to them.
"Wait his attack, then jump!" said Thomas.
Wendigomon raised its both arms and then stroked them down. Turuiemon jumped incredibly high at the right moment he was going to be hit and Wendigomon's arms passed through the vacuum. Now the rabbit was in the air above the enemy's head. He put his hands down with the gauntlets pointed side in the direction of Wendigomon, the he began to dive. But suddenly Wendigomon turned up his head to face Turuiemon. He jumped backwards. Turuiemon dived right in front of him. Wendigomon punched him in the face and he was thrown on the floor, then he rolled and laid still with the face to the ground.
"How are you, Turuiemon?" asked Thomas anxious.
Slowly Turuiemon raised its chest sustaining it with his arms.
"I'm ok. He didn't hurt me seriously."
Turuiemon got up.
"C'mon biggot."
Deeper in the cave the other fight was intense too. Wendigomon decided to advance against Centarumon instead of Boogeymon.
"Boogeymon attack him now!" ordered Mark.
"Death Crash!" shouted Boogeymon as he attacked with his trident.
Wendigomon was vunerable against him. He hit the big monster's ribs tough. Wendigomon tottered backwards then fell defeated.
"Yeah!" said Mark as he ran and did a high five with Boogeymon. There was still a conscious Wendigomon though.
"Thomas, how are you doing?!" shouted Ray.
"We're fine! Go ahead! We'll join you later!" answered Thomas.
"OK!"
Ray turned around and marched ahead. Mark did not move.
"We gotta help him!" said Mark.
"You gotta obey him. And do it now." answered Ray.
Mark hesitated a moment but then began to run to follow Ray. Boogeymon came behind them. Centarumon led the group.
"Ray, I think we need to walk faster." said he.
"Yeah, we gotta do it."
Centarumon stopped and Ray walked to him, then he got Ray on his arms and turned around.
"Jet Gallop!" he shouted. Then something strange happened. He was drive forward so fast that he simply disappeared from sight. A white smoke was left in his place.
"Cof! Cof! What happened?" asked Mark.
"I don't know but that was cool! Cof! Cof!" said Boogeymon.
As Ray and Centarumon moved at the speed of sound everything passed so fast they could not see anything clearly. Add to that it was becoming increasingly darker. Centarumon was perceiving the way with its paws, that never left the ground while he was moving by propulsion. They sometimes hit the wall, what showed him he was reaching a bend, then he quickly changed course. His paws needed to move as fast as he was going. Finally he began to move slowly and suddenly stopped. He left Ray on the ground.
"Stay by my side, Ray." he said.
It was completely dark. No form could be vaguely seen. Ray knew why Centarumon had stopped: because he felt they were not alone.
They were expecting something. Anything. Finally a ironic and depreciative voice came from the darkness.
"Huhuhu, what are you doing here little justiceers?"
"Are you Devimon?" asked Ray.
"Yes, I am Devimon. Now you answer my question."
"We came here to retrieve from you the Dreams you stole." said Ray firmly "You better give them to us."
Devimon laughed loud. His voice seemed to come from behind Ray and Centarumon now, so they turned around.
"You want me to give them to you? It's not fair. They are mine."
"They are not yours. You stole them and we're gonna take it from you anyway."
Now Devimon's voice came from another place.
"You are bold and incautious. That's why you'll perish here. This place will be your grave."
Devimon's voice seemed to come from a different place each time. He was circling around them. Ray and Centarumon kept turning around alert. Suddenly Devimon said:
"Deadly Nail!"
Centarumon grunted because Devimon cut his body.
"Use your Hunting Cannon! We shouldn't have left him make the first move!" said Ray.
Centarumon shot a ball of light from his cannon arm. Suddenly it illuminated the cave and their figures became visible as well as Devimon's. He was a tall demon with his body covered by pitch black clothes. He had long horns growing from each side of his head and huge torn wings. His arms were ridiculously long and his hands were big and each finger had a sharp end. The only part of his body uncovered by the cloth was his mouth, and his skin was white as snow.
The light ball quickly changed course to pursue Devimon, but he simply crossed his arms in front of himself for protection and the light ball hit them and exploded in small sparks that disappeared. The place became dark again.
Ray was worried. This last Hunting Cannon was very weak, it had not even make a scratch in Devimon. Centarumon was using much special technics this day and his energy was going down too fast.
During this time Thomas and Turuiemon was still fighting Wendigomon. The big furred digimon tried to punch Turuiemon, but he was much faster and avoided every attack. But Wendigomon didn't seem to be becoming tired.
"Punch him on the face!" Thomas ordered.
The sharp side of Turuiemon's gauntlet turned on an axle to point backwards.
"Lightining Kung-Fu!" said Turuiemon as he jumped and hit Wendigomon's face with it's right fist. He landed on the other side of the cave. Wendigomon was stunned. He moved slowly, grunting and blaming Turuiemon. Meanwhile something heavy was moving behind him. It was the other Wendigomon getting back to his senses. He got up slowly and came closer. Both Wendigomons began to laugh.
"This is gonna take more time than I thought." said Thomas.
The two Wendigomons prepared to punch. Turuiemon's eyes ran from one to the other. They advanced. Turuiemon avoided the first attack jumping backwards and the second with the same movement. But the first Wendigomon attacked again right after the second one and this time Turuiemon got catch. He was hit hard and fell. The Wendigomons began to laugh as they slowly stepped in his direction.
In the meantime Centarumon stayed still against Devimon. A light ball flying around him lit up the space.
"I'm waiting for you to take this from my hands." mocked Devimon. He showed three white crystals in his hands. They shined as the light reached them.
"Centarumon, use your uppercut." said Ray.
Centarumon galloped towards Devimon and performed a low punch. When he was about to hit Devimon's chin he stopped. Devimon was holding his arm. He thrusted his sharp fingers in it. Centarumon shouted in pain but rose his other arm pointing his cannon against him. Devimon smiled sinisterly. Ray knew he had a terrible power. Because Centarumon was looking in his eyes he could control his mind. There was a tense pause then Centarumon changed the aim of his cannon to his own head.
"Aaaarrrh!"
Devimon and Centarumon firstly did not understand what had happened very well. There was a shout, a red blur and Devimon was hit by something and set Centarumon free. But as they began to place themselves they noticed other digimon near them. It was Boogeymon holding his trident and planing in the air flapping its wings. He landed. Devimon's face was disfigured in anger. He simply advanced against him and thrusted its arm but he hit it with the trident.
"Evil Wing!" said Devimon and his wings stroked Boogeymon.
"Do not look in his eyes Boogeymon!" said Mark who had arrived and was standing beside Ray.
"Death Crash! Death Crash!" said Boogeymon trying to hit Devimon without looking at him.
Devimon hold Boogeymon's head and turned it to face his. Boogeymon's eyes were closed. He pushed away Devimon's arm and attacked with the trident but Devimon avoided the attack. Then he scratched Boogeymon's shoulder. Boogeymon moaned and attacked again, now on the right direction. "Death Crash!" said he. The trident hit Devimon's chest full and perforated it. Boogeymon removed the weapon and Devimon stepped backwards and fell. His body began to disintegrate into small shining dots that floated away in the direction of the roof. They all were zeros and ones. Boogeymon opened his eyes and remained there breathing with difficulty and lit by the weak light of these floating data.
But on the other side of the cave the fight was still hot. The Wendigomons got closer Turuiemon, who was fallen on the floor. But he reacted and squat and jumped higher than the Wendigomons and out of their reach to backwards in the cave.
"Turuiemon, your gauntlets have work to do!" said Thomas.
"That's the only option. Sorry, I didn't want to spoil your pretty faces." said Turuiemon.
The Wendigomons were drooling. Turuiemon's gauntlets' sharp blade turned to the front side. He changed to a preparing position opening his legs and stretching his arms through the sides pointing to the floor.
The Wendigomons began to ran at the same time. Fast as the wind Turuiemon ran, jumped and passed between them. "Gauntlet Claw!" he said. A lot of fur flew and the Wendigomons grunted. Turuiemon landed with the front leg folded and the back one stretched and the arms beside the body.
"Again!" shouted Thomas.
Turuiemon jumped again putting his fists onwards. The Wendigomons turned around slowly and could not avoid him. He hit one of them, that was thrown backwards and fell with Turuiemon over him. He was unconscious. But the other Wendigomon was still alert and threw Turuiemon besides with his huge arm. He advanced against him with calm and a cold look on his face.
"Turuiemon, you're too tired! You can't avoid him!" shouted Thomas "Don't try to do it!"
Turuiemon was panting. But he said:
"What? So what shall I do?"
"Let him hit you! But make him regret it!"
"Ok, I got it. C'mon once again!"
"You're silly for obeying him!" said Wendigomon. Then he punched Turuiemon. But at this very moment he shouted. Turuiemon was in the same place and his gauntlets was buried deep in Wendigomon's hand.
"Finnish this fight!" said Thomas.
"You don't need to say it."
Turuiemon jumped and kicked Wendigomon's chin. His head turned back and he fell down slowly, making a rumble when he touched the floor. Turuiemon fell on foot and dried the sweat on his forehead with the palm of his hand.
"We did it mate!" said Thomas.
Turuiemon showed him his thumb up and smiled, but not without a trace of tiredness.
They left the cave. Thomas knew about the retrieve of the Dreams through a message Ray sent him. They met at the front of the cave on the daylight. Turuiemon had degenerated after the battle, becoming a Lopmon once again. Everybody was tired but no one was seriously hurt.
"Let me see them." said Thomas.
Ray handed out the three Dreams. Thomas analyzed them closely. They looked like simple crystals with small, silver chains inlaid in it. Nothing else could be perceived from them.
"I still don't know what these things are but surely they're more important than they look."
"Yes, I think you're right. Keep them safe." said Ray.
Thomas put them in his pocket. He picked a blue globe from other pocket and gave it to Ray.
"Use it on Centarumon. It will help in healing his wounds." he said.
"Thank you." said Ray and gave the globe to Centarumon. Rays passed from it to his hands then the globe disappeared. Light covered his body and his wounds closed so they were simply lines.
"We must walk together for some time in the case of someone coming for these jewels. When we get to a safer place we go our own ways." said Thomas.
"Sure." said Ray. Then they began to go up leaving the valley, heading to somewhere they could rest.

Last edited:
Years
Chapter Three
The Tutoring

It was hot at that part of the Digital World but below the trees' shades the wind blew softly. Three people and three digimons were resting in a place known as Page Woods. It was a tiny forest. The advantage of being there was the trees hid them from spys' eyes and they could sneak from there to any direction they would want to lead without being observed. It was convenient because they were carrying coveted objects.
Actually, only one of them was carrying these objects. It was Thomas, a curly haired young man, twenty years old maybe. His digimon, a male Lopmon, was playing with leaves falling from the trees' branches, trying to hit upon them with his attack Petit Tornado. He spinned his small body, what made his very long ears become dangerous, and tried to catch the leaves with them.
Centarumon was resting with his legs bent. Beside him it was his tamer, Ray, a thin man with long brown hair. He should be the same age as Thomas, maybe two years older. Below another tree Mark and Boogeymon laid. Boogeymon was a demon-like red digimon, with small purple-ended horns and black tattoos all over his body. His nose was ridiculously big and pointed. He also had wings with purple skin and a tail with a pointed arrow at the end. He lied on the grass as Mark, a teenager who was a little bit fat, played with his trident.
The Dreams were safe in Thomas pocket. It was time to leave. He stood up.
"Hey guys we better get going. Thank you very much for everything." he said.
"We did a good job again." said Ray smiling.
"Ah, me and Boogey wanna thank you for letting us help you. And call us again whenever you have another evil digimon deserving having his face punched!" said Mark.
"I almost forgot. What's the issue between you?" asked Thomas.
"Well, it's past now..." said Mark.
"Is it really? Well, Thomas, this is the story..."
Ray told him about the kidnapping of babies and how he and Centarumon intervened in it. At the end Thomas was a little shocked but also found it funny.
"It doesn't look like they are the same guys that helped that much with Devimon. I think we should pardon them. They probably just need good guidance. I know! You should master them! With your advices they might become awesome yarders!"
Ray's eyes opened wide just like his mouth.
"Me... Tutoring them? Are you crazy Thomas?"
"Don't you agree they were very helpful at the cave?"
"Yes but... I don't imagine myself going everywhere with this two stuck on me like... follower puppies!"
"Hey, don't call us puppies bloody bastard! But being tutored by you would be great!" said Boogeymon.
"If you're gonna be my apprentice, watch your mouth and don't call me bastard or nothing like this." said Ray.
"You're already talking like they are your pupils. See? You're getting into it!" said Thomas.
Ray looked at him amazed.
"Well, maybe..."
"Ah, c'mon! We're already a team!" said Mark. "We were great working together against the Wendigomon. And Boogeymon really reaped Devimon!"
"You talk like you don't need tutoring and you're good enough yet." said Ray "But I would accept you. But I need to ask Centarumon first." he turned to him "So, is it ok to you if they come with us?"
Centarumon stared at Ray for a moment then said:
"Ok, they can come with us."
"Yeah!" said Mark and Boogeymon and they greeted themselves slapping their hands.
"Time to say bye then." said Thomas.
"See you" said Ray.
"Goodbye Thomas and Lopmon!" said Mark.
"Goodbye." said Lopmon.
"Farewell guys!" said Boogeymon.
"Goodbye Centarumon." said Lopmon.
"Goodbye." said Centarumon.
Thomas lowered his hand and Lopmon climbed on his arm. They left the others behind and soon headed to The Desert. It's pretty like a Real World's desert. That's why Thomas had to stop some time at a small stream to fill a bottle of water. The stream was out of the way so they had to walk half an hour back to the road to The Desert. It was not an actual road, and as far as Thomas knew, few people knew it. Not much people wanted to go to that desert. It was almost empty after all.
This was one clue of the mysterious origin of the Digital World. Nobody knew exactly how the Digiworld was created, but the theory in which Thomas believed told it began with isolated pieces of land: islands. There was nothing between all the islands, but whenever someone reached the end of a place, the continuation of it arose. That was how all the empty spaces were filled. Sometimes the information of the digital activities of the human beings created new pieces of the Digital World full of stuff like trees, water, mountains and new digimon, but all those places originated of the expansion of existing places became dry areas, with none or few and small vegetation. The Desert was one of them. The reason why Thomas was going there was because it was in the ruins that existed there that the Dreams lied before being stolen. So he would give them back to their original place.
He actually didn't have to walk too much on The Desert to arrive at his destiny. It took only two hours (crossing the whole desert would take an entire day). The ruins were a light shade stone temple. Thomas entered its front entrance. The place was at a half-light. It was wide and there were three doors in a row at each side. In the opposite end there was a stone table. Small windows near the roof let a little sunlight enter. There was a little tapir which back legs seemed covered by two clouds. There was a pretty golden ring in its left front leg and some kind of metalic helmet on his head.
"Bakumon salutes ye." said the tapir.
"Hello." said Thomas "We bring the Dreams."
"Oh, good, very good." said Bakumon.
"Take it." said Thomas putting a hand on his pocket.
"No, do not give it to me."
"Why?"
"They will be safer with ye."
Thomas stayed silent for a moment, then said:
"It's a great responsibility. But I'll keep it. Can you tell me more about them?"
"Ah..."
"Hello!" said a girl's voice behind Thomas. He turned back. There was a brunette woman wearing a cap, pink T-shirt and jeans. She was accompanied by a rookie digimon with the form of a raven that had black feathers and a big gray beak.
"Welcome, Sophie and PocketCrowmon*." said Bakumon "Sophie is yarder too."
"Nice to meet you. If you're a friend of Bakumon then you must be a good person." said Thomas.
"What's your name?" asked Sophie.
"Oh, I forgot. I'm Thomas and this is my partner Lopmon."
"Hello Lopmon! You're so cute! And nice to meet you too, Thomas."
"Good, now ye know each other." said Bakumon "I thank ye for coming, Sophie. Gabumon at the East Peer Island is having trouble with an invader. Can ye go there and help him?"
"Of course. I'll go right now."
"We can help you if you want." said Thomas.
"Uh, maybe you'll be helpful. All right."
Thomas turned to Bakumon and said:
"We'll talk more later. See you!"
"Goodbye yarders." said the tapir digimon.
Thomas and Sophie left the ruins. The sun was beginning to go down in the horizon.
"Well, we'll need to get there fast, you know, PocketCrowmon. Time to digivolve."
"PocketCrowmon digivolves to... Clawmon!"
His body began to shine. Then he transformed into a huge bird. His dark wings had almost ten feet. He wore an iron helmet and his eyes were yellow. His paws were covered with an iron armor with claws that were very, very sharp.
"Cool! You can control his evolution just like we and Lopmon do!"
"Yeah, it took a long time, but now Clawmon can evolve and degenerate whenever he wants. Come on, he'll take us." said Sophie as she went towards and climbed Clawmon's back. Thomas did the same and Lopmon was in his back.
"Hold tight or you'll fall." said the girl, then Clawmon took flight.
It was a difficult travel for Thomas and Lopmon. They feared falling from the bird all the time. Sophie was more than ok: she was happy.
Soon the sea of sand was left behind and they began to fly over an actual sea. It was full of digital life, and much of it swam near the surface and could be spotted. Most of them looked like the real world sea animals, like dolphins, fishes and whales, but some had strange forms that couldn't be identified at that distance.
Finally they saw two small islands, one farther and the other nearer. The sky was orange as the sun began to set. The nearer island was made of almost only sand but had a tiny forest in the middle. The farther one was made of sand and rocks. Clawmon landed on the sand of the first island. The beach was empty. Suddenly they heard a sound of branches moving and been broken.
"Prepare to battle, Lopmon!" said Thomas.
Lopmon digivolved to Turuiemon, the lilac rabbit.
"Calm down, I'm not a menace!" shouted a twangy voice.
A Gabumon jumped from the forest. He was a reptile that covered his body with the fur of another creature. A lone horn on his head was crossing the fur.
"Thank you for coming. Bakumon told me about you." he explained.
"How do you talk to him? He's miles far from here." asked Turuiemon.
"We can talk magically using this." the Gabumon showed an object in his hand. It was a smartphone.
"Ah, I see."
"What's the trouble Gabumon?" asked Sophie with a bit of impatience.
"First, let me present me myself to you. I'm Gabumon, a Gabumon, from the family of the Gabumons. Now you can refer to me as Gabumon, not 'the Gabumon'."
"Thanks for making us part of your close personnel. How can we help you?" said Thomas amused.
"I wanted this never happened. But I also knew it would happen someday. Do you know about this islands, the Peer Islands?"
"Not much..."
"This is the East Peer Island. Ten minutes sailing to the west from here and you will be at the West Peer Island. They are connected through a great power in a way you can be at the two islands at the same time if you step on the exact middle of one of them. Did you understand?"
"You are saying that if I stay in the middle of this island then a copy of me will appear in the middle of the other island. Is this it?" said Sophie.
"Exact! And if you walk off the middle you are one again. But there's more. If you stay much time, a day maybe, you get doubled forever. Then there will be two of you!"
"All right, we understood. One can duplicate him or herself in this islands. So what's going on here? Why do you need our help?" asked Thomas.
"Nobody knows about what I told you." continued Gabumon "It's a secret. That's why nobody comes here. But an evil digimon appeared here today and he knew about the secret. Now he's on the middle of the island and he's planning to become an army. First he plans to duplicate himself. Then his two hims will wait in the middle of the East Peer Island until they also duplicate and become four, and then they plan to stay there until becoming eight. Then sixteen, then... you know..." Gabumon lowered his voice "I heard him saying he wants to become a thousand. Nobody can defeat him if he manage to do it. He will rule over the digital world. And also the real world..."
"I understand..." said Thomas.
They stayed in silence. Everybody was thinking.
"We need to take him out of here. It's the only thing I can think of now." said Sophie.
"Agreed." said Thomas.
"I will take you there." said Gabumon, before entering the woods. The yarders followed him. It was very dark now, and even darker below the trees' shades. After five minutes of walk Gabumon stopped and told them they were almost there. They proceeded slowly. It was completely quiet except for the sounds they made passing through the bushes. Then they saw the enemy through the trees. And the enemy saw them.

*PocketCrowmon, Clawmon and its evolutions are not official Digimon. They were created by me for this fanfiction. I do not own Digimon.

Last edited:
Years
In the previous chapter Mark decided to be Ray's pupil. Meanwhile, Thomas joined another yarder, Sophie, in the effort to impede an evil Digimon to create an army of copies of itself.
Chapter Four
The Battle at Peer Islands

Gigadramon was in the middle of the East Peer Island. He was a purple dragon with cyborg parts, which lower body looked like a snake and the upper body looked like a human being, except for his dragon head covered by a steel mask. He had pincer-like steel claws instead of hands and steel wings. He was floating in midair and looking with its cold yellow eyes with fissure-like pupils at the yarders. He didn't wait their movement and pointed his claw at them. It opened revealing a kind of cannon.
"Genocide Attack!" said Gigadramon with a deep voice.
A row of missiles began to be shot from Gigadramon's arm. Turuiemon grabbed Thomas and Gabumon and jumped besides avoiding the missiles. Clawmon also took Sophie away. The first missiles hit some trees exploding with them. When the guys changed their places they felt something strange. They were still between the woods at East Peer Island, but they could also see a landscape of rocks and sand, and they and Gigadramon were at that place too.
"Get out of here, Gabumon!" said Thomas.
"For sure I will!" said Gabumon, then he ran away. The missiles divided into two rows, one aiming at Turuiemon and Thomas and the other pursuing Clawmon and Sophie. The dark bird took flight and the missiles came behind him. He made a bow in the air and headed back to Gigadramon. He aimed at Clawmon and when he was about to shoot Turuiemon punched him from behind. Clawmon avoided colliding with Gigadramon in the last moment and the missile that was pursuing him hit the dragon. It exploded with a loud sound of destruction and a great smoke cloud. The smoke began to dissipate. They could see Gigadramon fallen on the floor, but already getting up, slowly. Thomas ordered Turuiemon to use the Gauntlet Claw. The fighting rabbit jumped and attacked him from upwards.
"Gigabyte Wing!" said Gigadramon.
When Turuiemon was about to hit him, he pinched the rabbit violently with its steel wings.
"No, Turuiemon!" shouted Thomas.
At that moment Clawmon advanced against Gigadramon with his sharp claws coming before him. Gigadramon got up totally and opened his slicers.
"Guilty Claw!" he said.
They fought claw with claw and Gigadramon's sliced Clawmon's. The bird pulled back. Meanwhile, Turuiemon tried to escape from Gigadramon's wings' pressure but he was not managing to do it. Sophie was mute and serious.
"Use the Thundering Voice!" she ordered.
Clawmon emitted a high-pitched sound that stunned everybody. Gigadramon's wings opened and Turuiemon fall over him and then slipped to the floor.
"Assault him now!" instructed Sophie.
Clawmon stopped making the stunning sound. Gigadramon was still confused though. Clawmon flew against him and slammed him with his body and wings. He flew backwards and attacked again. During this time Turuiemon recovered his mind control and positioned in front of Gigadramon too. As Thomas ordered, he used the Gauntlet Claws on the enemy's chest, scratching him. The attacks did not seem to make very much effect on Gigadramon though. He soon opened his slicers and prepared to counter.
"Sophie, let's get him out of here!" said Thomas.
"OK!" said Sophie "Clawmon, let's get out of here!"
The yarders and their digimon began to evade, hoping Gigadramon would pursue them, but he stayed where he was and began to shoot missiles against them. They ran through separate ways and the missiles stopped in the trees. Soon all the place was been exploded and filled with smoke and carbonized wood. The guys felt a terrible pain. Their counterparts in the other Peer Island were killed. Sophie ordered Clawmon to use his Thundering Voice once more. When Gigadramon heared the high pitch sound he became annoyed and confused and the missiles began to fly randomly and explode everywhere in the air and the ground. Soon they began to hit himself, one after another and he was killed becoming a cloud of shining data. Clawmon flew and stopped in midair over it and absorbed it. His broken claws were covered by a light and when it disappeared they were completely repaired. He flew back to where Sophie was. He and Turuiemon degenerated to PocketCrowmon and Lopmon.
They went back to the beach. A lot of the forest was destroyed. Gabumon was near the water waiting for them.
"Thank you! Now the Digital World is safe again!" he said.
"Not that safe. If Gigadramon came after this islands then others will come too." said Thomas.
"Yes. And he must have known about here from someone." said Sophie.
"That's why I will call the yarders' help again whenever something happens." said Gabumon.
"You're doing it right. See you." said Thomas.
"So long my savers!"
PocketCrowmon evolved again and they left the island on his back.
"Where will we drop you?" asked Sophie.
"Not here." said Thomas. They were flying over the sea.
"Of course not." she answered.
"We have a base at Login Mountain."
"Why are you telling me this? You don't know if I'm trustable!"
Thomas was surprised.
"I just saw you saving the Digital World!"
"Sophie is very distrustful." said Clawmon.
"Are you French?" asked Lopmon to her.
"Yes, I am." Sophie answered.
"Thomas told me he would take me to know France someday." said Lopmon.
"You are gonna like it." she sighed "Actually I miss France. But the digimons need my help. This is my mission."
"I feel this way too." said Thomas.
"It's good to help, isn't it?"
Thomas agreed. They became silent. The night was quiet and a cool wind was blowing.
When the yarders left, Gabumon walked through the forest considering the damages and thinking. Who could have told Gigadramon about the Peer islands? Recalling what he knew, a long time ago Bakumon discovered their mysterious power and entrusted him with the guard of them. He lived there since that time, and all this time nobody had been there before looking for their power. Could Bakumon have spoken about them to someone he thought was trustable and in fact was not? It seemed strange to him Bakumon being so incautious. The truly way to protect the islands was to keep them unknown. Who else knew that secret?

Last edited:
Years
Chapter Five
Dancing with the Devil

Ray, Mark and Boogeymon walked through the Charge Plains. It wasn't usual for Ray to wander around without Centarumon, but he preferred to patrol the near areas instead of training with them.
"Where are we going Ray? We've been walking for ages! We don't have to go that far to train!" said Mark.
Ray removed the sweaty hair from his forehead and answered:
"We're not going to have a fighting train today. There are other things that I want to know if you're good at."
"Hm, we have a mystery! What are the other skills we have to have to be yarders?" asked Boogeymon.
"You're gonna see." said Ray smiling.
"I don't like when he smiles." Mark whispered to Boogeymon.
As time passed they began to approach a small mountain. There was a village in the way to it. Mark and Boogeymon recognised the place.
"No, Ray, we have to go back! It's the village we tried to steal!" said Mark.
"Yes. That's why I'm bringing you there. You are gonna apologize cause you have to regret the mistakes you made in the past."
They were scared.
"Do we really have to do this?" asked Boogeymon.
"Yes, otherwise I won't accept you as pupils anymore." answered Ray.
"Putting it that way..."
They kept walking and soon arrived at the village. There were small digimons all over it: Pumpkinmon, a kid with a pumpkin head, Palmon, the plant gal, Biyomon, a pink bird, and others. They all turned to Ray and the others.
"Look, the femme kidnapers became Ray's slaves!" said a Biyomon.
Everybody laughed, Ray indeed. Mark and Boogeymon looked vexed, but they were afraid to say anything.
"They have two words to say to you." said Ray.
"Aren't you gonna explain we're not slaves?" said Mark.
"Er, nope. They are waiting."
"What do we say?"
"U-hum. Hello." said Boogeymon taking one step onwards "Um... It's been a hot day, isn't it?"
Something green came floating and landed on Boogeymon's big head. It was Minomon, the in-training bug in a shell.
"Hello, Boogey-Boogey!" said he.
"Oh, hi." he picked the little bug. The other village digimons got unquiet, but Ray said it was alright. Boogeymon put Minomon at his eyes height and said: "I didn't notice you were so cute."
"But you're terribly ugly." said the bug.
"I think you should say something, Mark." said Ray.
Mark was quiet and nervous, but he spoke:
"Well. You must be angry at us and you have reasons for it. We, me and Boogeymon, were bad people. But then we met Ray and other guys, and we learned we can have other way of living. Oh, my god, I'm nervous."
He was trembling from foot to head.
"Keep on, you're going well." said Ray.
"Well, we're here to say sorry. We truly regret our bad actions. We're trying to change and we want you to apologize us."
Everybody was silent. Then the digimons said:
"OK!"
Everybody kept doing what they were doing before.
"OK? Is that all?" asked Mark.
"Welcome to Charge Town!" said another Biyomon as he passed flying above them.
"So it's my time to speak." said Ray. All the digimons stopped and began to listen to him "This guys here are very good at doing almost anything. As an apologize because of all the harm they caused you, they are gonna help in your housework and duties today!"
"Viva!" exclaimed the village digimons.
"Do we really have to do it Ray?" asked Mark.
"Yes." said he smiling.
Then they began to work. Biyomon asked Mark to sweep the floor of her house. It was a hard task, because he couldn't enter the house for it was too small, but he could reach the back of it and sweep with the broom's tip. Then Pumpkinmon called him to fix the dry grass roof of his house. A strong wind had left part of it away, so Mark had to pick more grass at store and tie it. Meanwhile, Boogeymon carried buckets of water from the spring. They spent all the afternoon sweeping the town alleys, playing with the children, picking wood, cultivating the kitchen-garden, fixing things... At the end of the day they were exhausted. They had a little time for resting and joined Ray, who was sit by the side of Yuki Agumon, the village chief. He was a rookie pale turquoise lizard. He was under a dry grass roof without walls surrounded by ventilators.
"This heat is killing me..." said Yuki Agumon.
"It's this crazy weather at the Digital World. Sometimes it's cold, sometimes it's hot..." said Ray.
When Mark and Boogeymon got close Yuki Agumon said to them:
"The digimons here at the village are very happy. You've been very helpful."
"Good, because we've been working like dogs!" said Mark.
"Hahaha, they are funny!" said Yuki Agumon.
Mark and Boogeymon became perplexed with this commentary. Then Boogeymon said:
"I'm tired as hell but I'm happy too. This is so strange."
"This is what a true yarder feels." said Ray.
"So we're definitely yarders now?"
"Yes, you are. I have no doubt after hearing you saying that."
Ray received a message on his mobile. As he read it he got up.
"Centarumon is calling us. Let's go, guys."
"Good bye and thanks for everything!" said Yuki Agumon.
The village digimons said goodbye to them as they passed. Boogeymon decided to carry Ray and Mark because he could walk faster than them. Indeed it took only twenty minutes to cross Charge Plains and get at a small city. Ray jumped from Boogeymon's back and Mark did the same. There was nobody there. They heard voices somewhere near and followed them, passing through the streets and the small edifices of the city. Past a corner they saw Centarumon face to face with a half woman half cat digimon. She had human shape with thick thighs, leopard-like spots all over her body, a long red hair locked in a tress and a silk scarf covering her mouth. She wore a lot of gold jewels, most of them rings, at different parts of her body. The scarf she wore was translucent, so her malevolent smile could be seen. She had long talons in her hands and feet.
Around this digimon and Centarumon there were various mutant digimon, some of them had deep cuts. Ray and the others got closer.
"Hmm, more kids to play. I'm really thirsty for blood." said the half-cat digimon.
"Your enemy is me." said Centarumon.
"But I like to haunt these children!" she said, then turned to a Sukamon near, a yellow spiral-shaped mutant, grabbed his single antenna and raised him from the ground. He shaked his long and thin arms desperately as she menaced him with the long talons of her free hand. Centarumon advanced towards her and she threw Sukamon at him. He grabbed the yellow digimon as he stopped suddenly, sliding his hoofs, then put him gently on the ground. He floated away.
Boogeymon came like a rocket and attacked the feline with his trident. She reacted quickly gripping a trident point with her talons. They fought fiercely but she threw him backwards. He fell on the floor.
"Two against one? This is unfair." she said.
"Unfair is hurting all this digimons!" spat Mark in an outburst of anger.
"Get out everybody, we can fight her." said Ray.
"I'd like to help but I'm too hurt." said Nanimon, a bearded ball with muscular limbs. He had profound cuts on his left arm.
"There's no problem."
The digimons of the city went away, disappearing from sight behind the buildings. The half-cat didn't stop smiling with malice.
"You think you're saving them but you're only delaying their suffering. Now," she said, licking her lips "I will prove the taste of your blood."
All of a sudden she began to move energetically her hips in a dance. The guys and their digimons became hypnotised by her, so much that none of them could move. She danced on and on, and the dance was sensual. She approached them, shaking her breast. She got near Boogeymon, keeping dancing. He was completely seduced. She got closer, almost touching him, put her mouth near his neck, pulled the silk scar and opened her mouth preparing to bite with her pointed teeth. At this moment she stopped dancing.
Centarumon bolted and grabbed her tress, then he pulled it. He held her firmly and leaned his other hand converted into a cannon against her face. A light appeared in the cannon's mouth and the half-cat shrieked because it burnt her skin.
"I think you can't seduce more than one at the same time." said Mark.
"I was distracted." she said in advocacy of herself.
"You almost caught me but now it's your end!" said Boogeymon.
"Really? Cause I have you exactly where I want." she said then added: "Helter Skelter!"
Centarumon released her then like he was been controlled by an enchantment he began to dance. So did the other three ones. Ray and Boogeymon began to dance together, and the half-cat joined Centarumon and Mark at single dancing.
"Hahahah! Good boys, you're dancing well!" she said.
Although they had their consciences and struggled to take control over their bodies, they just moved against their will.
"Nobody dances like you do!"
She kicked Centarumon's right leg hard.
"You communicate so much emotion through your movements!"
She scratched Boogeymon's back.
"You're charmful!"
She prepared to thrust her talons in Centarumon's belly but a stone hit her head. She turned around. Her angry voice sounded almost like a jaguar roar.
"Who is there?"
She looked everywhere but she couldn't see nobody.
"Who is there?" she asked again.
When nobody answered she put her attention back on the yarders. But then another stone came flying and this time she noticed it before it hit her and grasped it with two talons. Now she also saw who threw it. It was Sukamon.
"Helter Skelter!" she said.
He looked thrilled, but began to dance and came closer twirling, jumping and moving his arms like a ballerina. Everybody kept dancing like it was a party. The half-cat decided to abuse Sukamon so she stepped on him once, then twice, then she hold his antenna and raised him. His arms kept moving.
"You're so disgusting! You're not worthy even having your blood sucked."
She grabbed his big tongue, that was out of his mouth.
"I'm gonna cut your tongue off. I'm gonna make you suffer a lot before dying!"
"No!" shouted a voice. It was a Chumon, a very small purple rat with a insane look that appeared there "Don't hurt Sukamon!"
"Hehe, did you come to see your friend's death?"
"No, get out of here!" shouted Boogeymon.
"Watch me cut his tongue!" said the half-cat.
"Please don't do it!" pleaded Chumon.
At that moment the yarders obtained their bodies' control back. The digimons stopped to rest though because they were hurt. Centarumon was on his knees because the wound on his leg made it difficult to stand up.
"Do.. not... hurt.. him!" said Centarumon.
He stood up and advanced with his cannon arm sparking with bolts and prepared to attack. He said Heat Uppercut and blowed against the feline. She crouched at the right moment to avoid the punch, and countered with a dilacerating slash on his thigh. He got back, limping and holding his leg.
"My turn!" said Boogeymon.
"Wait!" ordered Mark "Use one of your spells!"
"Er, but which one?"
"I don't know! Which could be?"
"You're so boring!" said the half-cat. Then she threw Sukamon in the air. He howled. She slashed him and he became a cloud of shining zeros and ones that scattered everywhere until becoming invisible.
"Nooo!" shouted Chumon.
"You're awful!" said Mark.
The tension in the air increased with a incredibly intensity.
"Let me kill her, Mark." said Boogeymon.
"No, don't attack instinctively. You already saw she's stronger than you, you must use your head." said Ray.
Mark knew that Boogeymon had to use one of his spells tattooed on his body. But which one?
"I know! Use the spell in your forehead!" he said.
"That one? Are you sure?" questioned Boogeymon.
"I'm your tamer! Don't question me!"
"Wrong attitude." said Ray "But... obey him Boogeymon."
"Right, there it goes..." said the devil-like digimon. The tattoo in his head, that looked like a curly arabesque, shined for a second. After that the half-cat put her hands on her head, laid down her eyes and began to shriek.
"You sucker! What did you do?"
She raised her eyes and they were full of hatred.
"A headache won't stop me!"
She advanced furiously against Boogeymon. She tried to scratch him continuously but he blocked her attacks with the trident.
"Centarumon use the Hunting Cannon!" ordered Ray.
Centarumon shot a shining ball of energy that flew straight to the half-cat direction and exploded leaving smoke in place of her. Boogeymon was thrown aback on the floor.
"Sorry." said Centarumon simply.
The battle could be finnished at that moment, but the smoke was slowly blown away and the half-cat was still there, dirty but unharmed. She had a great scowl.
"The game is over. Helter Skelter!"
They all began to dance and she made a deep scratch on Boogeymon's chest. He howled. Then she approached Centarumon and stabbed the lower part of his abdome with the three talons of a hand. Then she runned away jumping long distances while they kept dancing despite their injuries.
After few minutes that seemed to have lasted much longer the enchantment was over. The yarders ran immediately to take care of their digimons. Soon the city inhabitants approached them bringing medicines. Both of them were carried to a building and the mutant digimons put bandages on their wounds.
They stayed in the city resting. Mark was quiet and stayed apart of the others most of the time. Ray approached him when he was looking at the building's garden.
"We had a defeat today but this happens sometimes. Unfortunately we're not invincible." said Ray.
"It's my fault if Boogeymon was hurt. I should have thinked more before giving him orders."
"Well, don't be so exigent with yourself. We fought a too much strong opponent today. Not even I was prepared to confront her."
Ray sighed.
"Let's train harder and keep doing our duties." he concluded.
He patted on Mark's back and went to the building's inside.

Last edited:
Years
Chapter Six
The Letter V

Thomas was playing with the curls of his hair and Lopmon was resting. They were at their hiding-place, a cave where they put some poufs in. Suddenly Thomas' mobile rang. It was Bakumon, who told that a virus digimon was seen near the pyramids at ROM Jungle. He was afraid he would steal a Holy Ring that was hidden there. He and Lopmon left immediately. As they traveled Lopmon noticed Thomas was too quiet.
"What's wrong?" asked the digimon.
"I'm thinking... It's been strange these days. It's the third time we see something precious been pursued by virus digimons in a short space of time. It's like someone is spying Bakumon and knowing about all the secrets of the Digital World he knows."
"Certainly someone is doing it. And now Bakumon knows it, and will be more careful about what he says out loud."
"I hope so... I know, I'm gonna tell him what I'm thinking."
They stopped. Thomas called Bakumon. They were at a rocky trail down the mountain. Below them there was a jungle of big trees. Suddenly a red ogre who had a huge mouth with big, pointed teeth wearing a breechcloth with tiger-striped pattern jumped in front of them from behind a rock. He carried a big bone with nail points showing up on the tip.
"Gimme your belongings you dirty rats!" he said with a deep voice.
Lopmon advanced calmly.
"We're not gonna do it." said the small brown beast. Then he positioned to fight like a martial artist.
"What? You wanna fight? What a stupid one!"
The ogre rose his bone club and smacked it down. Lopmon avoided it jumping besides quickly, then immediately said Petit Twister! and attacked with a spin of his body. He became a small brown and pink twister and hit the ogre's chest, who was thrown backwards and fell from the trail, and began rolling down the mountainside.
Thomas had finnished the call.
"Did you got hurt?" he asked.
"No, but I think I exaggerated with the Fugamon. Poor one, shall be very surprised knowing my force is of a champion level."
"Let's go, champion, we have a mission awaiting for us."
They walked down the mountain and entered the ROM Jungle. After some time walking they arrived at a clearing in the woods. There were two pyramids made of dark rock. And there was some people in the clearing already: two guys who looked the same. They were younger than Thomas and had blond hair. One of them wore a brown leather jacket. Beside him there was a Veedramon, a blue t-rex like digimon with a horn on his nose, big horns on his head that pointed backwards and a white belly. He had a blue letter "V" on his chest. Beside the other boy there was an ExVeemon, a relative of Veedramon who was taller, had pointed ears instead of horns, a human-shape and a "V" on the chest with two separated lines that transformed it in a "X". He also had white wings, which Veedramon hasn't.
"Are you foes or friends?" asked the boy with the leather jacket.
"It depends."
"On what?"
"On your intentions."
"We're here to protect the treasures of the pyramid from thieves."
"So we're on the same side. My name is Thomas and this is Lopmon."
"I'm Zack, the Veedra Tamer! And this is my twin brother Joe, the ExVee Tamer!"
"Nice to meet you. Have you seen the thief yet?"
"Oh no. He must be afraid of us."
Suddenly they heard a mischievous voice:
"I am not afraid of you. You must be afraid of me instead."
The voice came from upwards, so they looked up and saw a really huge metal object with tentacles with five claws at the tip of each one. At the top of the object, therefore very far from them, there was half human half monster creature.
"I am Apocalymon, the deadliest digimon ever born." he continued "But I am merciful. I will give you the chance to survive if you get out of my way. Ran now and you will be safe for a while."
"We don't have to run, we are in advantage of number." said Thomas to the twins.
"Yeah, we'll fight!" said Zack.
"You are fool. Suffer idiots!" said Apocalymon. His tentacles began to stroke all around them, revolving the ground and hitting them sometimes. They were thrown away and hurt, shouting and trying in vain to defend themselves. Suddenly Thomas stopped shouting.
"Hey, listen!" he said to the others "Calm down! Nothing is happening to us!"
"What?" said Joe.
He stopped shouting too. Though Apocalymon continued to attack them, they didn't feel any pain. Everybody calmed down. All of a sudden Apocalymon disappeared and so did all the revolving ground.
"It was an illusion!" said Lopmon.
Suddenly the trees and the pyramids turned into a desert.
"What will we do now?" asked Joe.
They walked around but could see nothing but sand. Thomas picked Lopmon's big ears and raised them. Lopmon heard something and spinned to the origin of the sound using his Petit Twister attack. He reached somebody, then the desert disappeared and the jungle and the pyramids showed up again.
After Lopmon there was a magician with purple cloak and hat having his knees and hands on the ground. He got up. He had his body all covered by clothes, yellow and red, and wore brown gloves. The purple cloak's collar covered his face, letting only his eyes appearing. In his pointed hat there was a cranium of yellow cloth. He was holding with his right hand a sceptre with a sun on the tip that had a cracked hole in the middle of it. He pointed his sceptre at Lopmon's direction and it casted a lightning against him. Lopmon was thrown backwards and the magician disappeared.
"Time to evolve!" said Thomas.
Lopmon shined and evolved to Turuiemon.
"He must have gone to the pyramids! I'll look on this one and you look on the other one!" said Thomas.
He and Lopmon entered one of the pyramids. There was a large empty space inside it and a well in the middle. The wind blew strong going down the well. They walked to the border of it and looked down. It was dark.
"Can you hear him?" asked Thomas.
"The wind is impeding me of hearing." answered Turuiemon.
"So we have to go down."
Turuiemon carried Thomas as he jumped to the basement. Thomas turned on his mobile providing a weak light and they looked around. Weapons and jewels were all over the place at the walls and on pedestals. There were also many rock urns. The space was double the size of the upper floor.
They walked around. Turuiemon began to open all the urns to look inside. They were full of gold in the form of coins, goblets, diadems and other objects and colorful gems.
"Touch everything you find, because the guy may be using another illusion to hide himself." said Thomas while he walked around rummaging the objects through the place.
Few minutes later Thomas called Turuiemon to show him something. It was a hole that led to a tunnel. There was an iron grating covering it that was not very well inserted.
"It must be an air passage. It looks like someone touched this and didn't put the grids in the place well." said Thomas.
Turuiemon removed easily the grating.
"He shall have entered this tunnel. If I crawl on all fours I fit on it." he said and entered the tunnel. Thomas followed him.
The tunnel was short and they reached the end soon. Turuiemon removed the grids with a punch and entered a wide space lit by the light of fire torchs on the walls. It was just like the chamber they left. And Zack, Joe, Veedramon and ExVeemon were there.
"Where did you come from?" asked Zack.
"A tunnel. It seems that it connects the two pyramids." answered Turuiemon.
"Wow. Have you seen him?" asked Thomas when he got out of the tunnel.
"No. And you?" answered Zack.
"No either."
"Oh..."
"He might be here. Let's watch the exits!" said Thomas.
He and Turuiemon guarded the air tunnel while Joe and ExVeemon went to the pyramid's entrance. Zack and Veedramon walked around trying to find the magician.
Suddenly Turuiemon jumped many feets and fell over an invisible enemy. The magician came into sight below Turuiemon's feet.
"I got you!" said Turuiemon.
"Thunder Cloud!" said the magician. A gray cloud began to form inside the chamber and became big. A lightning casted from it electrocuted Turuiemon but also afflicted the spell maker. Suddenly it began to rain. The place began to flood fastly. The sorcerer swam away fred from Turuiemon. He flew and casted a thunder down on the water, electrocuting the digimons and the guys.
"Hey! You didn't tell us your name!" shouted someone.
"What?" said the magician turning around confused. ExVeemon's fist hit his face and his hat fell revealing a blond hair. ExVeemon was flying flapping his small wings. He punched the magician's stomach next.
Below the fight in the air, Turuiemon and VeeDramon were desperate because their tamers were unconscious.
"Open your eyes, Thomas, please!" said Turuiemon shaking him.
"Do you think they are dead?" asked VeeDramon.
"Don't say that! We can still save them. Press Zack's chest like I'm doing with Thomas."
VeeDramon was horrified.
"He's heart stopped beating!" he said.
He pressed the chest of his tamer various times, but nothing happened. Turuiemon was doing the same with Thomas. Turuiemon was becoming hopeless and more desperate. What could save him? Magic? Of course! The treasure they were to protect.
"VeeDramon," he said "there's a chance! If only we have the Holy Ring..."
He did not wait Turuiemon's end of speech to burst into the water looking at all the objects and opening urns. Turuiemon, who was already holding Thomas, had to get Zack to impede him from sinking. With a great speed VeeDramon revolved the treasure but found nothing that looked like a ring. Getting furious he spat out his V-Arrow Breath of heated air from his mouth on the treasure repeatedly. The rays of air troubled all the water and gold scattered everywhere around him. He was surrounded by jewels, all of them worthless. Then he saw it. Above him a big ring floated in the middle of the golden chaos. He spat the strongest V-Breath Arrow he was able of to give impulse to him and he reached the ring and held it with his big hand. He kept being pushed until he emerged. The water surface was almost at the well's border. Turuiemon was near at dry land with the tamers and VeeDramon threw the ring to him. He got it and put it on his arm, having already taken off his gauntlet. Then he touched Thomas chest. A light appeared in the Holy Ring and passed to Turuiemon's arm, then to Thomas chest and from him to Zack. The shine got stronger and blinded all the pyramid's interior. Everybody, Veedramon in the water, ExVeemon and the wizard in the air, Joe in the ground level and Turuiemon blinked a dozen of times. The vision came back slowly to them. In front of Turuiemon, Thomas and Zack laid conscious. They seemed confused.
"What happened? Why are we here?" asked Thomas. Turuiemon hugged him "Wait, you're squeezing me!"
VeeDramon climbed the well border and ran to Zack, raised him in the air and kissed him.
"Give me the ring now!" said the wizard.
"Give him a V-Breath Arrow!" said Zack.
Veedramon spat his V-pointed blast of heated air out on the wizard and it passed through him. He disappeared slowly leaving shining zeros and ones at his place.
"Another victory!" said Zack. He and Veedramon showed each other a letter vee with their fingers, and they did this compliment with Joe and ExVeemon. Zack turned to Thomas and Turuiemon and showed a vee to them too. They answered him with the same sign and smiled.
They left the pyramid and did a conference between the woods.
"What will we do with this ring?" said Zack.
"Nothing, of course. We don't deserve having it." said Thomas.
"But it was Zack who found it. He shall decide." said Joe.
"No, I think Thomas is right." said Zack.
"I would give it to Bakumon, but I think he's been spied. It's not safe to bring this to him. That's why I need other plan." said Thomas, then sighing.
"What if you bury it?" suggested Zack.
"Burying?" considered Thomas "It's not a bad idea. That's it. I'm gonna bury it. It has to be somewhere far from here. Well, it's time to go. So long! It was nice to meet you. We had an exciting first meeting!"
"And what an excitement! So long sir!" said Zack.
After Thomas and Lopmon greeted them they walked back to their hiding place. In the way they stopped and buried the Holy Ring, covering the place with leaves to make it look like part of the landscape. Then they continued on their way.

Who's spying Bakumon? How will Mark and Ray and their digimons surpass their defeat? What's Sophie doing? Find out in the next chapters.

Back