• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Inverse battle Applier

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024
The Inverse Battle Applier is a simple to use tool that allows FireRed hacks to have Inverse Battles.

An Inverse Battle is a battle where all type advantages and disadvantages are swapped. It was introduced in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.

The ASM routine that this tool applies was made by DoesntKnowHowToPlay

View attachment 73382

To use this tool, you need to know a free flag (if your hack is fresh and FR, 1FF is free). Type your free flag into the Flag field and click apply. To make a battle Inverse, set the flag, to make battles normal again, unset the flag... simple as that.

You can type in an offset you wish for the routine to be placed, but the tool automatically finds free space so you don't need to bother with that unless you have a specific plan.

The routine can be seen in this thread:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=314391

UPDATE:
HidoranBlaze has edited the original routine to work with Emerald version...

Version 2.0 supports FireRed and Emerald (updated 11/6/2014)
View attachment LSA - Inverse Battle Applier.zip

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
only fire red. only fire red.

emerald > fire red
Here's a better idea: instead of complaining how nobody is hacking in features for EM, hack them in yourself. It'd be a better use of your time, honestly. I'm saying this as an Emerald hacker.
Also, your post displays a lack of respect for the amount of effort Doesnt put in into making inverse battles a thing.

thiaguinhohp

Hacking newbie
Years
Here's a better idea: instead of complaining how nobody is hacking in features for EM, hack them in yourself. It'd be a better use of your time, honestly. I'm saying this as an Emerald hacker.
Also, your post displays a lack of respect for the amount of effort Doesnt put in into making inverse battles a thing.

Instead of putting effort on hacking emerald which is a better rom with MUCH more features *battle frontier* than fire red hackers waste time hacking and finding ways to put amazing features on a empty rom like fire red. Why? because of kanto region? gen 1? red? ash? pikachu? charizard? gen whunners?

I heard somewhere around here that its because of instability of emerald. But in the same place I read it I also read its a lie and emerald is stable too. Not like fire red but still great for hacking.

sometimes i get mad cuz everything is for fire red. If you look carefully you gonna see most of the best hacks are either from ruby or emerald. Fire red is rom base of the GSC remakes and thats just it lol

Fact: people dont value emerald even though its a better rom than FR.

MrDollSteak

Formerly known as 11bayerf1
Years
Instead of putting effort on hacking emerald which is a better rom with MUCH more features *battle frontier* than fire red hackers waste time hacking and finding ways to put amazing features on a empty rom like fire red. Why? because of kanto region? gen 1? red? ash? pikachu? charizard? gen whunners?

I heard somewhere around here that its because of instability of emerald. But in the same place I read it I also read its a lie and emerald is stable too. Not like fire red but still great for hacking.

sometimes i get mad cuz everything is for fire red. If you look carefully you gonna see most of the best hacks are either from ruby or emerald. Fire red is rom base of the GSC remakes and thats just it lol

Fact: people dont value emerald even though its a better rom than FR.

HidoranBlaze literally just said he is an Emerald hacker. He understands.

Also Emerald has some better features and some worse features. I have recently started hacking Emerald, and in many ways I think it is better, but in other ways, such as text descriptions, Fire Red is clearly superior.

Regardless, you should be happy the thing exists at all. As Hidoran said, if you're unhappy that something is Fire Red only do it yourself. If you paid attention you'd notice Hidoran actually found the Emerald offsets, so now you can use this in Emerald.

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker
Years
only fire red. only fire red.

emerald > fire red

Your words show disrespect towards FireRed hackers. Learn to do it yourself, not just throw your bad comments by it cuz you can not do it yourself. And you want to know why FireRed is farther hacked? Hackers found it easy to hack and researched and developed it further. Thus it became a base for both researches and hacks. Hidron, i agree with you. If you want it, do it yourself.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 10, 2024

I like fire red because I acrually played red growing up, I never played emerald, I know all the ins and outs of kanto and can make many hacks based on the region with little change, since I am not a map monger it just makes things easier for me. Plus I dont care at all for any pokemon past gen 2 because I never even played gan 3 games. You will notice many of my hacks only contain pokemon from gen 1... cause thats the way I want to hack. not to mention I find frs tiles to be prettier...

most hacks based in emerald or ruby remake an entire new world. If you dont plan on doing that because you get more enjoyment out of scripting instead of mapping, fr is a far better choice.

You are arguing personal choice. I choose to work with firered, because thats what I want to work with. I make tools as open as I can, but ALL my tools work with FireRed. this particular one is based on doesntknowhowtoplays work and he only made it for fire red. You might consider looking at his main thread, seeing his asm, and emplementing it in emerald. I am sure it would work if you could find the offsets...

OR if you are incapable of doing this sort of work, instead of complaining, you could ask nicely and present a well thought out case and he(or someone else) might do the work in emerald. but disrespecting someones work is never a good choice (unless you are clearly better than those involved and CAN remake their work and do it better)

EDIT:
aww lookie there, HidoranBlaze was nice enough to make the routine work with emerald...

version 2.0 available in first post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Nov 18, 2023
Does this work with custom types? As in, does it actually read the ROM's effectiveness table and reverse that or temporarily replace the table with its own?

Back