• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Emerald 650

Years
How comes redacting the link affected the patch I already had downloaded, months and months ago? It got de-activated on my rom and I can't patch it again. Why would deleting the download affect the one I had downloaded so many months ago?

I put the work on that hack for nothing. Whoever was the idiot who wanted this deleted is...GAH. What is he expecting me? To respect a rule 4 months ago when that rule didn't exist?

I can assure you that was not the case; removing a link from a forum post will not magically unpatch your ROM.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 28, 2023
Gamer2020 has requested the Pokémon Game Editor tool be removed from the download link as it violates the licensing terms the tool was published under. Therefore, in the mean time, I have redacted the download link.

Does it means if we post a hack using this rom base, the link will be removed as well?

Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2016
What is PGE and how do I avoid "coming with it"? I've been using this for a hack, and it'd really suck to have to throw everything out the window after so many months.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
1/10/16 UPDATE:
Spoiler:

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
nice LCCoolJ95 keep it up youre 650 base was amazing cant wait to see this one

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 4, 2019
1/10/16 UPDATE:
Spoiler:

I was so surprised when I saw you had bumped this thread. This is incredible! Stay motivated and keep us updated.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
Wow! This is a great project!
But the old version? Isn't available? I saw that the url was been deleted...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 11, 2016
I was so surprised when I saw you had bumped this thread. This is incredible! Stay motivated and keep us updated.

Can you add some gen 4 to gen 6 items in the game? For example Flame Orb, Toxic Orb, Choice Scarf, Icy Rock, Roseli Berry, Colbur Berry.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 15, 2024
Hey, there I've been playing with your hack emerald theta latley and I gotta say that I love it.

And Seeing that you are working on a new project made me quite hyped.

I signed up for this site just to share with you some Ideas that I'd like you to consider on your new project, not to sound bossy ofcourse.

-Make all egg, tutor and unobtainable TM,HM(in Emerald) moves learned via level up (you can spread the moves across evolution e.g Chameleon learning mega punch on level 40 while Charizard can't)to save time and avoid possible bugs, I personally liked how you made Blast burn, frenzy plant and such learned through level up rather than the annoying one-off tutor so I hope you do the same with some of the new tutor moves like dragon ascent being learned via level up, preferably on level 90-100.

-I kinda disliked how all of the starter are given to you for free and it didn't feel great.

My suggestion is since you're going to implement day/night is have them on the wild on different times and give them very low catch and encounter rates to make it worthwhile, also some Pokemon like bagon and gible felt really easy to get, you should totally lower the encounter rates for some of the usually rare Pokemon and using the safari zone would be perfect for some of them since they will be hard to encounter and even harder to catch.

-New move animations if possible, should be better and not too far off from the actual move, for example I liked the animation of aura sphere, but sacred sword of the swords of justice isn't even a sword, it's basically the same animation as brick break, even a generic cut animation would've been better tbh, it would be cool if it had the swords dance animation followed with the tail animation used on Aqua tail, but it's okay if it isn't possible.

-Try Balancing the game if possible, buff some of the weak Pokemon with stats boosts or new moves, and nerf some of the ridiculously powerful ones, and IF just IF you plan on Including mega forms (Which I hope you don't) make them Like generic permanent stone evolution with at most 50 points added to their stats rather than the ridiculous 100 boost , nerf the crap out of the OP ones like mega rayquza and Kangasghan(either by lowering stats or scrapping their OP abilities completely), and give all mega forms moves that previous forms can't learn like mega Charizard learning blast burn while a regular Charizard can't.

But hopefully you're not planning on having megas.

-New areas? If possible ofcourse.

-More TM if possible, and even make moves only Learned through them, and have them be hidden somewhere.

These are some suggestions for your next project, I would love to make my own hacks but since I'm an absolutely a clueless person when it comes to hacking I can't so I apologize if I sounded like I'm giving orders or anything.

I play rom hacks with my brother so we can be testers if you'd like, I can help with that for sure.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 11, 2016
That's great man! How about Mega Evolution?

This Repel system from B2W2 would be a great addiition too: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=8724074&postcount=107

I also have some suggestions to creditor if the creditor know how to do that:
1. When a Pokemon became poison state, it will not deduce HP when the players are walking. In generation 3, if a Pokemon became poison state, it will deduce 1 HP when the screen flash one time. But in generation 4, it is cancelled. Some Emerald hacked game has already realized it, too.
2. Add some items such as which I said above.
3. Mega evolution system and Some legendary forms.
4. Electricity type Pokemon cannot become paralyzed state.
5. In the hail weather, The accuracy of Blizzard is fixed to 100; Surf is not attack both fee only, but also attack the Pokemon which is near to you( This is generation 4 changed effect).

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2016
cant even get the patch to load on the rom and yes I have clicked ignore and yes it was a clean emerald ROM

Literally just getting white screen have already tried 128k save settings I've tried everything WTTFF IS GOING ON

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 11, 2016
Can you share your process to us? How many percent of the process you have finished on emerald 721?

Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2022
Great work man!! I'm currently using your 650 resource patch for an emerald hack attempt and i'm loving it!
So since this is an emerald resource patch can you indicate where we could find safe free space next time you release an update and how much of it would be left in game cause 721 pokemon would need a very big game to fill. Thanks and keep up your very good work!!
Also can you make the day/night system optional? GBA graphics doesn't really lend itself to a good day/night system IMO.

Back