• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
what box though, I might not be to Kanto, but there is no box in the bottom right corner.

Are you using the Official release?

If so, you should defiantly use the Live Beta version. It has several bug-fixes. For one thing the Special / Physical split is completely broken in the official release. Download the Live Beta and use your same save file, the box will be there.

Years
Are you using the Official release?

If so, you should defiantly use the Live Beta version. It has several bug-fixes. For one thing the Special / Physical split is completely broken in the official release. Download the Live Beta and use your same save file, the box will be there.

I've played with the live beta since release, but you saying something about a box in your room in the bottom right corner sparked curiosity.

Note my progress, I'm at dragons den.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
I finally beat the pokemon league for the first time.

I actually got a nearly impossible glitch in the first area of the Dragon's Den I actually encountered the Missing No. in the first area of the Dragon's Den (on land). I tried to catch it but it was literally impossible.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
I've played with the live beta since release, but you saying something about a box in your room in the bottom right corner sparked curiosity.

Note my progress, I'm at dragons den.

Please, make sure you have the latest Live Beta. Re-download it just to humor me. Then, go to your room (the room you started the game in). There SHOULD be a box in the lower-right corner of your room. If you talk to it, it will ask you if you want to reset trainer data.

I just checked to make sure its in the latest Live Beta, and it is.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
Actually, there's guy who sells them in the Celadon Mansion... meaning you can get as many as you want :D

Thank you!! That really helps me out! Sorry if it took awhile to respond I didn't see your post at first

Years
You're welcome Wiifan123.

I have encountered a bug that nobody's mentioned yet, I think.

When I went to Mt Moon, I fought my rival then talked to Axel who told me about Team Rocket being all over the place (btw nice surprise event !). But given that my team was half dead (thanks Rival !) I went out of Mt Moon to heal. Then when I came back to fight them, Axel and the Rocket had disappeared.

days

Galactic HQ
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2013
Is this ready to be played or should I wait for a later release?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Is this ready to be played or should I wait for a later release?

The Live Beta is really worth playing. The only thing not done yet is the Orange Islands, but Johto and Kanto are complete (and then some), so the "remake" part of this hack is done. The game "ends" after the first island of the Orange Islands.

Also... does anyone know the earliest in the game a Leaf Stone and Water Stone can be obtained? Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
I beat Bruno and I can't go to 4th leader from elite four , what should I do ?

What do you mean, "Can't"? What exactly is wrong?

Are you using the latest Live Beta?

ALSO:

I may or may not have found a "Bug". While fishing with the Old Rod, I encountered a Horsea on Route 33. In the original Crystal, Horsea requires a Super Rod to find, and they are not encountered on Route 33. I don't know if this is intentional by LaZ or not but I thought I'd report it.

ALSO,

While playing the game on GameBoid, my game has crashed TWICE after defeating Team Rocket in Azalea. It does eventually work though, its just annoying.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
I don't know which version I'm using , I think newest and I mean I can't go because "doors" are closed

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
I don't know which version I'm using , I think newest and I mean I can't go because "doors" are closed

Try downloading the latest Live Beta and see if that fixes your problem. Are you using the recommended VisualBoyAdvanced emulator? Any cheats?

If the latest Live Beta doesn't work, you can try using Fire Red's walk through walls cheat:

M) Must Be On
72BC6DFB E9CA5465
A47FB2DC 1AF3CA86

Ghost (Walk Through Walls)
509197D3 542975F4
78DA95DF 44018CB4

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
S/G/C is my favorite generation because Johto had ALOT of rewarding hidden places and items you could find by exploring. It also had an excellent main game and then a well developed and nostalgic post-game in Kanto.

Now with LinkandZelda's hack, Liquid Crystal, it took all of what made S/G/C so good and made it even better. It made Johto and Kanto even more explorable, added the Orange Islands region and added even more story and character development into the game along with some nice little cameos here and there.

I really liked the Dragon's Den story extension. In the original S/G/C the Dragon's Den felt a little unnecessary cause it was so short of a cave and side quest but Liquid Crystal turned it into an awesome, tough and lengthy sidequest important to the story.

Right now I've just arrived in Kanto from the S.S Anne. My compliments and thanks go to LinkandZelda for producing just a well developed hack of Pokemon Crystal.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
Another really annoying bug for you guys...

In Ilex Forrest, with the Farfetch'd puzzle... if you leave the Ilex Forrest, the location of Farfetch'd is reset but not the flag that determines where it SHOULD be. If you leave the Ilex Forrest after talking to it, this causes him to act strangely and move often inside of trees where you can't talk to him.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
hi there people, currently playing this, on 3.1 live beta, and this may don't go here, but well, do anyone here where to get a scyther?, i am at ecrueteak city for the 4th badge, now i have quilava, eevee (to evolve into espeon), pidgetto, roselia (but now i want scyther), cubone (to evolve into marowak) and electrike (to evolve into manectric since i couldn't find mareep), i saw another posts, but i didn't found an specific answer about scyther location, hope ya can help me

P.S: is mareep aviable in this beta?, cause, i'm still trying to decide if i should have manectric or ampharos, i already looked at the route at south of violet city, and route 39, and nothing....
P.S2: the mareep i get from trade in cherrygrove city, it's female, but, when i looked at it's stats and ability, it said, no ability, is that a bug?

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
hi there people, currently playing this, on 3.1 live beta, and this may don't go here, but well, do anyone here where to get a scyther?, i am at ecrueteak city for the 4th badge, now i have quilava, eevee (to evolve into espeon), pidgetto, roselia (but now i want scyther), cubone (to evolve into marowak) and electrike (to evolve into manectric since i couldn't find mareep), i saw another posts, but i didn't found an specific answer about scyther location, hope ya can help me

P.S: is mareep aviable in this beta?, cause, i'm still trying to decide if i should have manectric or ampharos, i already looked at the route at south of violet city, and route 39, and nothing....
P.S2: the mareep i get from trade in cherrygrove city, it's female, but, when i looked at it's stats and ability, it said, no ability, is that a bug?

Scyther can be found normally in the National Park as I recall. Mareep is not found in the Wild in Liquid Crystal (as it wasn't in Crystal) but there is a man who will trade a Mareep to you in Cherrygrove City for a Poliwag. The Mareep is currently bugged to not have an ability, true, but this will be corrected when it evolves at Level 15, so its not a big deal.

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
Scyther can be found normally in the National Park as I recall. Mareep is not found in the Wild in Liquid Crystal (as it wasn't in Crystal) but there is a man who will trade a Mareep to you in Cherrygrove City for a Poliwag. The Mareep is currently bugged to not have an ability, true, but this will be corrected when it evolves at Level 15, so its not a big deal.

okay, going to try and look there, but i think i kinda did, is scyther a rare encounter or found in bug contest?, well, by now i'm going to try and find out by myself, going to edit if it went well.....

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2018
okay, going to try and look there, but i think i kinda did, is scyther a rare encounter or found in bug contest?, well, by now i'm going to try and find out by myself, going to edit if it went well.....

Yes, in the actual Crystal Scyther was a Bug Catching Contest Pokemon. However since the Bug Catching Contest isn't in Liquid Crystal, I'm fairly sure he's just a Rare random encounter now in National Park.

Years
  • Seen Aug 26, 2022
Try downloading the latest Live Beta and see if that fixes your problem. Are you using the recommended VisualBoyAdvanced emulator? Any cheats?

I'm not using cheats and I'm playing on my SE W890 and on PC using VBA, can you give me latest live beta ?

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
I'm not using cheats and I'm playing on my SE W890 and on PC using VBA, can you give me latest live beta ?

The link to the Latest Live Beta is in the first post of this thread, look for the live log link in the 1st post that should take you to the right place.

Back